Anyone else tired of hearing about Derek jeter?

major

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No. Like Poojer said. Jeter is all that represents "good"... Well @ least I hope so! Who knows what goes on, but he kept it together all these years, he must be doing something right.

This is the problem out there... Now we are tearing down what is supposed to be good, deconstructing it. Why?

I get the Yankee hate... But there is no place for it @ this time. They truly are America's baseball team:

post-1877-0-47428500-1411632121_thumb.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I hate keith olbermann, but couldn't agree more with his take on Derek jeter from this past week. I'm tired of hearing about jeter- just retire and go away. http://deadspin.com/the-hater-s-guide-to-derek-jeter-1605937020

Yeah and I have been for about 3 years now or whenever it was he negotiated his last contract. Over the hill, over hyped, narcist. He cost that team a lot over last few years.

Yeah and I have been for about 3 years now or whenever it was he negotiated his last contract. Over the hill, over hyped, narcist. He cost that team a lot over last few years.

That makes zero sense. Two years ago, he was awesome, and last year, he didn't play more than about ten games.

That makes zero sense. Two years ago, he was awesome, and last year, he didn't play more than about ten games.

Yeah exactly his frail body couldnt hold. And even though his on base percent was good he had no range in the field. Unacceptable for a short stop . all the while soaking up big bucks and delaying finding their SS of the future.

Is there any topic in which you don't display your idiocy? Jeter is the only reason anyone cares about that broken down team this year.

I don't hear Jeter talking about himself. If you're going to have a 24x7x365 sports media, guess what? They're going to talk things to death.

And get ready for some more talk -- tonight is his Yankee Stadium finale and it's going to star pouring rain any minute now and keep raining all day. If the rain doesn't move out in time, I wonder how long they'll delay a meaningless game before canceling it.

oh no....my parents are on a tour bus from syracuse heading to the game...my dad is a lifelong yankee game and bought this package as soon as it became available....Go Jeets!

and even sadder, tonight is the last time we get to hear Bob Sheppard's voice in Yankee Stadium :cry:

Is there any topic in which you don't display your idiocy? Jeter is the only reason anyone cares about that broken down team this year.

I don't hear Jeter talking about himself. If you're going to have a 24x7x365 sports media, guess what? They're going to talk things to death.

And get ready for some more talk -- tonight is his Yankee Stadium finale and it's going to star pouring rain any minute now and keep raining all day. If the rain doesn't move out in time, I wonder how long they'll delay a meaningless game before canceling it.

Edited by The Poojer

um no, not really.

I'm really tired of the NFL physical abuse BLEEP that has been in the news for weeks.

The stories buried all the feel good news about the purchase approval of the Bills (and maybe how bad Brady sucks)

I hate keith olbermann, but couldn't agree more with his take on Derek jeter from this past week. I'm tired of hearing about jeter- just retire and go away. http://deadspin.com/...eter-1605937020

oh no....my parents are on a tour bus from syracuse heading to the game...my dad is a lifelong yankee game and bought this package as soon as it became available....Go Jeets!

and even sadder, tonight is the last time we get to hear Bob Sheppard's voice in Yankee Stadium :cry:

Yeah, hopefully it will let up in time. A lot of people paid big bucks for tickets tonight.

um no, not really.

I'm really tired of the NFL physical abuse BLEEP that has been in the news for weeks.

The stories buried all the feel good news about the purchase approval of the Bills (and maybe how bad Brady sucks)

On the day the Pegula approval was announced, I turned on ESPN to one of their NFL specific hour shows, thinking they'd spend some time talking about it. They did, for all of 1 minute. The rest of the hour was all Ray Rice.

They just need to include a photo of a women Jeter has dated......

This... He should be commended he didn't knock 7 of them up and then attempt to cram in a years worth of fathering into one week by beating discipline into the child.

Jeter is everything that represents class in sports and he's done it in the nation's biggest market for America's baseball team... Why would they want to stop talking about him? He may not be perfect, but he isn't popping roids and acting all stupid carrying on with the off field drama... He deserves the talk. Finally something positive coming out of the sports class and people want to stop it. For what? To talk about something negative?