Angst in New England - Love It

Stormin Norman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point, it's not complicated, it's just not the point my comment was referring too!

YOU answered my post with a side track. MY POST referred to people gloating over Tom Brady's struggles, when the guy has OWNED this franchise for his whole career, AND THE BILLS HAVEN"T EVEN PLAYED THEM THIS SEASON.

I want the Bills to win every time, but for me and plenty of other fans, finally finishing ahead of the Pats in the standings only after Brady is ancient is NOT enough to to make me gloat about how Brady sucks.

Clowney hasn't been beating up the Bills for a decade!

He's not saying that about Brady being out of his prime either. Ridiculous!

I understand your point, it's not complicated, it's just not the point my comment was referring too!

YOU answered my post with a side track. MY POST referred to people gloating over Tom Brady's struggles, when the guy has OWNED this franchise for his whole career, AND THE BILLS HAVEN"T EVEN PLAYED THEM THIS SEASON.

I want the Bills to win every time, but for me and plenty of other fans, finally finishing ahead of the Pats in the standings only after Brady is ancient is NOT enough to to make me gloat about how Brady sucks.

Bills win = who cares as long as they beat the Pats! Brady will still be on the field!

So EJ at his best is similar to Brady at his worst. You may be right, actually.

and we all know that even at his worst Brady can win games.

ergo Even with a poor EJ the Bills have the means to win. EJ wasn't great but he was far from horrific to where people can blame him solely.

The secondary killed the team v the Chargers.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It is true that NE's demise has been predicted way too many times in the past. But Dan Lebatard is right on this - Brady's decline is happening right in front of us but it's almost imperceptible because he's still good (and the rest of the division still has squat for a QB which incredibly, has been the case since the Colts were re-aligned to the South).

The OL/WR explanations have some merit but it's a bit overdone, they're not the '76 Bucs. He had a great OL and running game last yr & two great TE's the year before. From what I've seen his protection is in fact worse this yr, but FFS, Mankins is a run blocking Guard, not Anthony Munoz. Manning lost his pro bowl LT before last yr and didn't miss him until February. I know 12 doesn't have Thomas or Thomas, big deal, he didn't have them pre Moss either. Make all the excuses you want but the guy just doesn't throw well downfield anymore.

Like zow said, the division is there for the taking, but...facepalm.

Man I would kill for an average QB right now.

I know you did not mean it this way so don't react incorrectly to my comments:

Brady has shown an ability to pick a team up and carry it on his back. EJ has not consistently shown that he can get first downs much less impose his will on an opposing D. So, be cautious in celebration here because for right now the odds are more in favor of Brady turning it around than they are in EJ's favor of becoming a good (much less an elite) QB.

Maybe Brady somehow has less desire and will to win. I just doubt that he has hit the physical wall as hard as we all hope for.

I agree

EJ has not consistently shown that . He may yet or not.

But week 3 into his second season and not yet 1 full seasons experience is too early to pull the plug on EJ.

Brett Favre and Steve Young

both QB's who's original team thought were nobodies ..

Young

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Young#Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers

the Buccaneers posted 2–14 records in each of Young's two seasons

Favre

He only attempted four passes in his career at Atlanta, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them

well Favre is the poorer example

That's why this season is so critical for Buffalo New York. NE is in decline and mediocre. Miami and the Jets Bills are average teams...

Heard all over NYC sports radio today. Point being, it's wide open and everyone (other than Miami) rightly thinks they have a shot.

I lived in Boston before their first *Championship, there were zero *Patriot fans walking around in gear that fall. Most Boston peeps are actually Giant fans. It's strange, but not unexpected. The *pats became popular once they started to win but they can't come close to touching the Red Sox love, Celtic love, or even Bruin love that Boston sports fans have in their hearts.

It's even more infuriating when you live 45 minutes from Manhattan! 20 years ago the Pats* barely cracked the top 10 in terms of gear you saw in my area. Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Redskins, Dolphins, etc. were all more popular. Now every other idiot has a Pats sticker on their car.

Edited by KD in CT

It's even more infuriating when you live 45 minutes from Manhattan! 20 years ago the Pats* barely would have cracked the top 10 in terms of gear you saw in my area. Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Redskins, Dolphins, etc. were all more popular. Now every other idiot has a Pats sticker on their car.

The scourge has hit downtown NYC. There's no escape until we're rid of the Brady/Belichick menace.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

It's even more infuriating when you live 45 minutes from Manhattan! 20 years ago the Pats* barely cracked the top 10 in terms of gear you saw in my area. Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Redskins, Dolphins, etc. were all more popular. Now every other idiot has a Pats sticker on their car.

That's the worst! I feel your pain. At least in LA I don't have to see much *patriot gear. I see more Bills gear out here than *patriot stuff. I'm not sure how much of the Bills gear is worn ironically by hipsters though... but I'll take it!

I might get flamed for this, but I am not passing judgement on Brady until the seasons ends. Didn't he do something similar to this last year? Safe money is the guy comes into form through the backend of the season. God I hope he doesn't, but I think there is something left in the tank.

Considering most have been fans since 2001, this is the worst they have ever seen. What a pathetic bandwagon group of fans. As miserable as we are, no one will ever say Bills fans aren't diehards.

And the Seattle fans are starting to get real annoying too. You didn't invent the 12th man!

EJ wasn't great but he was far from horrific to where people can blame him solely.

I get a real chuckle reading how we were able to beat Miami because all three phases of the game were successful. However, when all three phases of the game schitt the bed like it did against the Chargers, we lost because of EJ.

I feel bad for the true Pats fans out there that cheered on Gogan, Plunkett, and so many other Patriot miserable seasons. I feel bad for those guys that saw their team finally get to the Super Bowl and had to cheer on the likes of an uber douche outshone by even more d-bags on D. The 01-04 Pats were a great team but then to cheer them on only to find out they cheated, I just can't imagine how you justify it?

Who I cannot stand are the Pats fans they showed up and justify the cheating by a typical D-bag statement.

Hey all. The original post wasn't to gloat about the demise of Brady or to have my euphoria at a Bills victory (hopefully) over NE diminished by the perception that he is in decline. It was to give everyone a little chuckle that Patriot fans are grappling with the same stuff we are.

Quite honestly, my going-in outlook is that New England is still the king of the hill and Brady is still potentially god-like as an NFL quarterback until proven otherwise. That only changes via Bills wins. There is no other remedy.

Edited by Stormin Norman

They will hit their stride right before October 12th

Game one Miami had a healthy run attack and ran all over the pats and beat them. The pats then run into a no Adrian Peterson vikes squad and then the raiders. Now they get the chiefs who have a hell of a run attack that will look better with charles back. Then the Bengals who are coming off a bye and 3 straight wins...they held that falcons offense to 10 points. I could see the pats losing the next two and if we want this division we need to smell blood.