RG3 anyone?

major

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try injuryphobics. But do explain how much better Cousins is over RG3, which judging by record & stats is hard to prove.

You might want to check Cousins' stats again. He had a 58 QB rating last year and is 1-4 as a starter. RG3 hasn't been the same guy since the injury but he did led them to a Playoff berth and was a rookie of the year.

You might want to check Cousins' stats again. He had a 58 QB rating last year and is 1-4 as a starter. RG3 hasn't been the same guy since the injury but he did led them to a Playoff berth and was a rookie of the year.

Any time you find yourselves looking fondly towards a skins qb situation you know you've lost all perspective.

Your point is taken on Cousins (though I still like him, and was one of the few QB's over the years I really wanted the Bills to pick), but RGIII's rookie of the year honors seem like a long time ago... starting to think, unless that kid is in the right situation, he isn't going to be the stud QB he looked like, as a rookie. He talks about protecting himself more, but he still plays far too recklessly with his body, IMO, to believe that he will ever be able to stay healthy enough to be a guy a team can count on, week in and week out. I do believe, they will try to unload him after this season...heard "insider" buzz, even before RGIII went down, the new coaching staff really liked Cousins better to run their offense.

Your point is taken on Cousins (though I still like him, and was one of the few QB's over the years I really wanted the Bills to pick), but RGIII's rookie of the year honors seem like a long time ago... starting to think, unless that kid is in the right situation, he isn't going to be the stud QB he looked like, as a rookie. He talks about protecting himself more, but he still plays far too recklessly with his body, IMO, to believe that he will ever be able to stay healthy enough to be a guy a team can count on, week in and week out. I do believe, they will try to unload him after this season...heard "insider" buzz, even before RGIII went down, the new coaching staff really liked Cousins better to run their offense.

Agree with all of this. I like RG3 but he is a much different qb with using his legs.

And I don't know Cousins will turn out. But he gets so much hype and he was bad last year in extended playing time. Guys can play well for a start or 2 but then teams games plan. We'll see if he keeps it up.

Classic TBD logic.

I don't want the starter he's no good, I'll take take the back up who can't beat out the no good starter for the job.

RG3's as broken as Trent Edwards. The only reason he started over Cousins is b/c Snyder's not willing to accept the reality of the sunk cost.

Classic TBD logic.

I don't want the starter he's no good, I'll take take the back up who can't beat out the no good starter for the job.

There was no possible way Cousins would be out RGIII in preseason.. are you kidding... 1 year removed from a playoff birth and rookie of the year honors is not going to lose his job no matter how bad he plays in preseason / off season.

That said, injuries have decimated him to the point that I'm not sure he can come back. Cousins has some talent and honestly already looks like more of a QB than EJ has shown in his time in the league.

I feel RG3 will be traded when the season is over. If that's the case, you want him in the B-LO? I'm still in favor of giving EJ more time, unlike many on this board. Fire away.

There's no way Dan Snyder will pull the plug on RG3 given the high cost of acquiring him. His ego will not allow for it.

Just as the Shanahan regime did. Gruden made Andy Dalton into a Pro Bowl QB. I think he can do the same with Cousins. I like RGIII, I really do, but I'm not sure where he fits. He has tremendous ability and athleticism, but somewhere along the line it seems he has lost his confidence. I thought for sure he would bounce back this year and be the RGIII of old just as he was almost 2 years removed from the ACL injury during his Heisman year at Baylor. Well, now he has to deal with a different injury and he may end up losing his starting gig. It may take a change of scenery for him to realize his full potential, just like a Drew Brees. I do believe he will still end up being a successful QB in the NFL, but at this point no one knows where. I honestly don't believe it will be in Washington though.

RG3's as broken as Trent Edwards. The only reason he started over Cousins is b/c Snyder's not willing to accept the reality of the sunk cost.

I agree, but what a way to hedge your bets by the 'Skins. 'Just in case, let's draft Cousins too..'

Ah, if only...