After We Crush San Diego

Like a real good, totally demoralized, go home on a silent plane, 41-10 beatdown.

How will that make you feel for the outlook for the season? Even more 'nervous' like some?

Will the last echoes of, "Is this team here to stay, or just a phantom?" fade into week 4?

Could you conceive of a mass purchase of bandwagon tickets for the rest of the ride?

Will they become America's new up and coming darlings? (hyperbole)

Will the Rodaks and Sullivans of the world finally change their colors because now, winning sells more newspapers?

Does it even mean a thing other than we're 3-0?

Personally, I've tried to temper my expectations this year, but find myself even more enamored with the team as they continue to win (like, duh...obviously) But with a defense like we have right now, I do think we have a very good chance at winning some more games than people (even us homers) may have thought before the season began.

Don't know why they came all this way. Hope they have some blues on the ipod for the jet home.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This relates to a thread I started after week 1.

I don't think we are in store for a "41-10" beat down, but I certainly think we can win the game.

I think this came is critical, in that if we go 3-0 including a win against San Diego, I think we can be legitimately considered a strong possibility as a playoff team. And that is a MAJOR change around here, if everyone hasn't noticed.

The win in Chicago was big. The win against Miami at home under those circumstances was not as big.

Now we have a big test. If we can beat San Diego, or even look good beating them easily...well...this could be a very interesting season after all.

Take a look at our schedule again, and now view it from the perspective of a team that is 3-0. It all changes, doesn't it?

We could easily be an 11-5 team if we beat San Diego.

That is my 2 cents.

Not that it matters as I like when opponents think we suck, but going 3-0 will start to change people's minds. I believe as solid as a defense is in Houston, we can beat the Texans. Detroit, we'll see. That means if we pass SD, we could be 4-1 entering into a home game with NE.

By then we'll start getting the love.

Not that it matters as I like when opponents think we suck, but going 3-0 will start to change people's minds. I believe as solid as a defense is in Houston, we can beat the Texans. Detroit, we'll see. That means if we pass SD, we could be 4-1 entering into a home game with NE.

By then we'll start getting the love.

Other teams aren't fans, they're professional football players and coaches. If they think your team sucks, it probably does.

not going to happen

but sure if the Bills blow out the Chargers i will begin to buy in more. Each win i will believe more and more. For now my excitement does not really start until the Bills are maybe like 9-4 and tied for first. Then i will really put my entire heart into it and let them break it again! ha

Oh yes it might...is going to happen

I think we can bet them down if we can contain their tight ends. I believe are CBs matchup very well with their wrs. Ill take Cory graham vs Keenan Allen, Gilmore on Floyd and mck and Robey vs royal all day. I hope they let Aaron Williams take on the roll of guarding gates. I think he's gonna step it up and shut him down if given the opportunity. With Ingram out, I really like our chances of putting up some points this week. 41-10 is a possibility. Those that are attending.....do your thing!! Get loud. Help this team win. Our fans can make a difference

Marrone showed us against Miami that he's not a "go for the kill' type coach. He's a very conservative dude with the lead at home, consistent with the way they're coaching up EJ. Patience, discipline, execution.

With that in mind I don't expect us to blow out anybody this year, especially with the trust we have in our defense and special teams to help us win the possession and turnover battle. We aren't going to score more than 30 very often, if ever, but we can certainly develop a knack for winning close games and regaining the reputation of being invincible at home.

We will beat the Chargers, but I don't think it will be embarrassing for them. We have some serious talent on this team and we're just getting started.

Like a real good, totally demoralized, go home on a silent plane, 41-10 beatdown.

How will that make you feel for the outlook for the season? Even more 'nervous' like some?

Will the last echoes of, "Is this team here to stay, or just a phantom?" fade into week 4?

Could you conceive of a mass purchase of bandwagon tickets for the rest of the ride?

Will they become America's new up and coming darlings? (hyperbole)

Will the Rodaks and Sullivans of the world finally change their colors because now, winning sells more newspapers?

Does it even mean a thing other than we're 3-0?

Personally, I've tried to temper my expectations this year, but find myself even more enamored with the team as they continue to win (like, duh...obviously) But with a defense like we have right now, I do think we have a very good chance at winning some more games than people (even us homers) may have thought before the season began.

Don't know why they came all this way. Hope they have some blues on the ipod for the jet home.

19 - 0 !

I think we can bet them down if we can contain their tight ends. I believe are CBs matchup very well with their wrs. Ill take Cory graham vs Keenan Allen, Gilmore on Floyd and mck and Robey vs royal all day. I hope they let Aaron Williams take on the roll of guarding gates. I think he's gonna step it up and shut him down if given the opportunity. With Ingram out, I really like our chances of putting up some points this week. 41-10 is a possibility. Those that are attending.....do your thing!! Get loud. Help this team win. Our fans can make a difference

i think they are going to try to contain him with AW and Searcy. If they can't do it, they will probably bracket him.

Fwiw I think Marcellus Bennett was a bigger challenge week 1. Of course they didn't shut him down, but they didn't let him dominate either. rivers is better than cutler though, so that evens it out.

At the message service last night I was informed:

The Ghost of Jerry Butler will sack EJ 3 times

Until Ralph's Ghost helps Henderson with chip blocks

Rivers is deactivated at half time for switch whipping his pet bunny and Frank Reich brings em back from 30 points down

Sammy takes the final snap and throws a hail Mary Wilson and catches it in the end zone..Bills win by a Hare!

Edited by rfk

To me, it will say a lot if we win this game. I say that because San Diego is a playoff caliber team that is likely to end the season with better than a 9-7 or 10-6 record. If memory serves through all of our dismal 6-10, 7-9 years, we rarely if ever have beaten a playoff caliber team, or team that ends up with a better than .500 record. We've been perennial "bottom feeders", only beating weak, lower tier teams. When that is all you can do you will never break .500 yourself. Beating Miami or NY, or even a questionable Chicago, does not mean nearly as much to me as being able to win games against the mid to upper echelon teams. I'm not convinced we are there yet (but remain hopeful).

To me, it will say a lot if we win this game. I say that because San Diego is a playoff caliber team that is likely to end the season with better than a 9-7 or 10-6 record. If memory serves through all of our dismal 6-10, 7-9 years, we rarely if ever have beaten a playoff caliber team, or team that ends up with a better than .500 record. We've been perennial "bottom feeders", only beating weak, lower tier teams. When that is all you can do you will never break .500 yourself. Beating Miami or NY, or even a questionable Chicago, does not mean nearly as much to me as being able to win games against the mid to upper echelon teams. I'm not convinced we are there yet (but remain hopeful).

we beat Carolina last year, who ended up 12-4.

I think beating Chicago in Chicago is harder than beating San Diego in Buffalo. I know it has been only 2 games, but it just has a different feel to it.