Is Tom Brady on the Decline - Beginning of the End ?

ganesh

8) How many rushing yards will the Patriots roll up against the Raiders? With Tom Brady struggling on deep throws (he is just 1 of 15 on passes that travel at least 20 yards in the air this season) and New England's offense sputtering (it's ranked 27th overall entering Week 3), the team could rely on the run game to exploit Oakland's porous defense. The Raiders are one of just two teams in the past five years to allow 400 yards rushing through Week 2 (not surprisingly, theirs is the lowest-ranked rushing defensein the NFL). The Patriots' Stevan Ridley had 25 rushes for 101 yards and one touchdown against the Vikings last week.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me he's clearly not the same. The Patriots made a fundamental mistake thinking Tom can just throw to anybody so just put some bodies out there. This has backfired tremendously. If they don't figure out a way to get him some high end talent at the WR position I don't think he'll ever be what he once was or could be.

The obvious example is Peyton. He's got one heck of a talented group. I think without that he'd struggle.

He has been declining for a few years. No one has mentioned it but the Pats have gone to a run heavy O the past few seasons and built their roster that way. They have been going to a Brady-manage-the-game style for some time

how much of that has to do with personnel? Their WR's have been some of the worst in football.

Who does Brady have to throw the ball to?

The Pats have been on the decline the last few years mainly bc they are just not that talented. Belichick always gets the hype for being great at the draft which is a joke since all he used to do was make a lot of trades but they certainly haven't drafted well,