Does Kyle Williams have a shot at the Hall of Fame?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we love him. I know other fans are envious of us having him.

He is 31 and has made a few pro bowls, however, sometimes as an alternate. If we assume '14-'16 as quality years in his career, meaning he hopefully makes it to the pro bowl, what are the chances or what do you think the odds are of Kyle being an NFL Hall of Famer?

EDIT: keeping in mind that as a 7 time pro-bowler and multiple year all-pro Fred Smerlas still isn't in and no longer appears ont he ballot, I believe.

We go to the playoff, absolutely possible. We go to the superbowl, the odds increase. Just think if he didn't have problems with bone spurs. He'd probably have near 7 pro bowls too.

It's really going to depend on if we can make the playoffs while he's playing, I think.

His peers respect him, always have, but playing for a loser probably taints things.

I think he's going to need a couple of Super Bowl championships in games where he plays very well.

I feel so bad for these young Bills fans, they've never seen truly elite players in Buffalo and it has them thinking Kyle Williams is HOF worthy :rolleyes:

Btw I say this as a HUGE Kyle Williams fan. I mean it in no disrespect to him because he is the man but the HOF is an entirely different level

A level with Curtis Martin and Chris Doleman in it?

I feel so bad for these young Bills fans, they've never seen truly elite players in Buffalo and it has them thinking Kyle Williams is HOF worthy :rolleyes:

Btw I say this as a HUGE Kyle Williams fan. I mean it in no disrespect to him because he is the man but the HOF is an entirely different level

Huh? Kyle Williams is better than any interior lineman (by far) during the Superbowl years and he is at least as good as Fred Smerlas.

Prior to Smerlas's era transcends my experience with the team. Are you talking about the 1960s or what?

Huh? Kyle Williams is better than any interior lineman (by far) during the Superbowl years and he is at least as good as Fred Smerlas.

Prior to Smerlas's era transcends my experience with the team. Are you talking about the 1960s or what?

Do you mean Jeff Wright? He was the only interior lineman during the Superbowl years. Yes, Williams was marginally better than Wright (who was not bad). But what about Ted Washington, Pat Williams and the afore mentioned Fred Smerlias? I would say he equal to Pat Williams and Freddie and below Washington.

Edited by vincec

Do you mean Jeff Wright? He was the only interior lineman during the Superbowl years. Yes, Williams was marginally better than Wright (who was not bad). But what about Ted Washington, Pat Williams and the afore mentioned Fred Smerlias? I would say he equal to Pat Williams and Freddie and below Washington.

Jeff Wright (undersized, not particularly effective run stopper) was not the only run stopper during the Super Bowl run. I agree with your assessments, though. I would say Kyle Williams is marginally better than all of the players you mention, but for Ted Washington, who was an unmovable object.

Anyway, maybe you meant "players in general" in terms of "elite players". I would agree that the Bills have had mostly mediocre players for the last 15 years and counting.

We are just now starting to get some quality talent on the team again.

I think we are similar; we both seem to remember very well a time when we were watching lots of Hall of Famers running around on the field.

Jeff Wright (undersized, not particularly effective run stopper) was not the only run stopper during the Super Bowl run. I agree with your assessments, though. I would say Kyle Williams is marginally better than all of the players you mention, but for Ted Washington, who was an unmovable object.

Anyway, maybe you meant "players in general" in terms of "elite players". I would agree that the Bills have had mostly mediocre players for the last 15 years and counting.

We are just now starting to get some quality talent on the team again.

I think we are similar; we both seem to remember very well a time when we were watching lots of Hall of Famers running around on the field.

I think we are generally in agreement. I was just trying to make the point that the Bills alone have had two equivalent players and one better one in the last 20-30 years and none of them are in the hall of fame, so imagine what the situation is league wide.

I think we are generally in agreement. I was just trying to make the point that the Bills alone have had two equivalent players and one better one in the last 20-30 years and none of them are in the hall of fame, so imagine what the situation is league wide.

Fair enough. Point well taken.

And as I said earlier, I don't think Kyle Williams will ever be in the HOF.

Kyle has been widely regarded as elite as his position by his peers for the better part of a decade. If the Bills become a perennial playoff team for the next five years, and Kyle remains high performing and becomes high profile, he would have a fighting chance.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The OP should have said, "After the Bills win back-to-back Super Bowls, will Kyle Williams make the HOF?"

I say yes. :beer:

Thats an interesting take that got me thinking.

You might be right .

But Kyle will always be in My Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame . :wub:

and he is one of my all time favorite players to root for.

Nobody on the Bills current roster has a shot right now IMO... I love Kyle. He's a Bills great, but he's not a Hall of Famer.

It's true. He is just a fantastic grunting meatball .

At the very least, he would have to:

Play 3-5 more years at the same level he is at right now.

Go to 2-3 more pro bowls, with at least one more All-Pro season.

Win 2 or more SB titles during that time.

A lot of things would have to work in his favor for all of that to happen.

Mario has a much better chance. 2 years younger if he can stay healthy and play into mid-30's his numbers will be legit. Also being a much higher profile player coming out of college he doesn't have to try to get noticed. A ring on either of their fingers will of course go a long way towards getting into HoF

Mario has a much better chance. 2 years younger if he can stay healthy and play into mid-30's his numbers will be legit. Also being a much higher profile player coming out of college he doesn't have to try to get noticed. A ring on either of their fingers will of course go a long way towards getting into HoF

Honestly I would say Dareus has a better chance as well... the sky's the limit for him.

I think he's going to need a couple of Super Bowl championships in games where he plays very well.

A level with Curtis Martin and Chris Doleman in it?

I don't personally feel they belong either but I can see why Curtis Martin got in.

I never said any Bills interior lineman from the Super Bowl years belongs in the HOF lmao so I have no idea what point you are trying to make there. This isn't really worth arguing, its laughable if anybody thinks Kyle Williams will be in the NFL Hall of Fame. Bills Wall of Fame worthy? Sure. Like I said I am a really big fan of KW

Honestly I would say Dareus has a better chance as well... the sky's the limit for him.

well i think he really needs to start showing it.

Strahan is in HoF. If you take out season Mario only played 5 games, he's averaging more sacks per year. And hes much better against the run. Sacks are the flashy number, but run defense should also be factored in. Mario is a very complete player. he covers a lot of area on the WS