Richard Sherman might be a little insecure

YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your definition of best obviously doesn't include being an entertainment sideshow.

Good point that you were not intentionally making. I am sure his antics and hype have got in to more than a few QB's minds and WR's, too. Some, like Kaep and Crabtree obviously view him as nothing special. Some, like Rivers just do not care who the hell he is. I actually think Manuel would be be very successful against him because Sherman is an aggressive edge player and cannot come back well, nor handle the short stuff.

Best CB outside of Corey Graham...

:thumbsup:

TJ Graham.

I just watched the first half of the all 22 Hawks / Chargers game and Sherman had a very, very, very, tough time staying on Allen. Allen was open nearly every play.

Allen is a top notch route runner. He is really good and has great hands. He actually reminds me of a cross between Woods and Sammy. However, he is not as fast as either of them. He will indeed get separation and make a catch, though.

He certainly seems to spend a lot of time telling anyone who will listen that he is the best...so, it appears he has some kind of need to convince others (or himself?) that he is the best...

I have no idea how really good he is. It would be interesting to see him play the entire field, covering the best receiver on the other team every game - without two of the best safeties in the NFL playing underneath and over top of him, and without that pass rush....

When the packers played the hawks they put Boykin on Sherman's side the whole game and didn't throw to the right for the whole game. I couldn't believe they surrendered half if the field to the guy. In his prime people didn't relinquish half the field to some of the best DBs. Can't understand why they would do this.

He certainly seems to spend a lot of time telling anyone who will listen that he is the best...so, it appears he has some kind of need to convince others (or himself?) that he is the best...

I have no idea how really good he is. It would be interesting to see him play the entire field, covering the best receiver on the other team every game - without two of the best safeties in the NFL playing underneath and over top of him, and without that pass rush....

Here's how good he was against Robert Woods in college:

12 catches, 224 yds, 3 TDs

Woods was a true freshman. Sherman was a senior.

for sake of discussion, he didnt switch to corner until his junior year.

i dont like the guy, but i feel its a fair point if mentioning freshman vs senior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGDr-e3E_iE&feature=youtu.be

That was college, not the pros. Sherman is a different player now than he was then.

He's annoying, but he's an extremely good player. I think people are letting their dislike of him cloud their judgment on his play. Opposing QBs had a collective rating of 47.3 when they threw his way last season, which was #1 in the league.

That was college, not the pros. Sherman is a different player now than he was then.

He's annoying, but he's an extremely good player. I think people are letting their dislike of him cloud their judgment on his play. Opposing QBs had a collective rating of 47.3 when they threw his way last season, which was #1 in the league.

I think he is a very good DB. I just am not sure he is an elite, shut down corner. The stat you cited would be more significant to me if (1) he did it covering the entire field one on one with the best receiver from the other team, (2) he didn't have pro bowl caliber DBs around him, and (3) he didn't play on the best overall defense in the NFL (with a ferocious pass rush) that held opposing QBs to a collective rating of 64....

i agree he is very good. I was referencing how good he was against Woods in college. Not very. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think he is a very good DB. I just am not sure he is an elite, shut down corner. The stat you cited would be more significant to me if (1) he did it covering the entire field one on one with the best receiver from the other team, (2) he didn't have pro bowl caliber DBs around him, and (3) he didn't play on the best overall defense in the NFL (with a ferocious pass rush) that held opposing QBs to a collective rating of 64....

Opposing QBs had a rating of 41.1 the year before (2012) season. He had 8 INTs in both seasons too. What does it take to be considered a shutdown corner??