Cardinals’ Dwyer in domestic violence incident: Placed on NFI List

26CornerBlitz

Whats this have to do with law? Its a fact, go Google domestic violence conviction rates and look at the statistics. How about you reply to the substance of my posts and not try to use the same old insults. Show me those low conviction rates and then explain why they are so low again because they couple "made-up"

PS: You can't because the conviction rates are high. And the BS you made up about couples making up so charges dont go through is just false. You are are the most ignorant type of person. Someone who is so stubborn with a odd viewpoint that has some truth to it, but can't understand why no one can agree with him and why everyone else is stupid. You feel like everyone else is sheep and just following the herd, while you and few others see the "truth." Its not because you are the smartest person in the room, its because you can;t communicate anything properly. Your communication skills are so poor, its as if you are you were a troll on a message board very few people agree with. I'm done with this thread, PM me more if you want, I still won't respond

You're the one that claimed you had legal credentials. And the substance of what you presented does not address that which you responded to. I guess even simple concepts are too nuanced for you.

But for my amusement, can you link the stats that differentiate between scared victims and reconciled victims and the respective conviction rates of both? If not, what was your point again?

Thanks in advance, Chester.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one that claimed you had legal credentials. And the substance of what you presented does not address that which you responded to. I guess even simple concepts are too nuanced for you.

But for my amusement, can you link the stats that differentiate between scared victims and reconciled victims and the respective conviction rates of both? If not, what was your point again?

Thanks in advance, Chester.

is crayola crayonz?

Jambalaya, he just wrote, "not that this case is fabricated". I do not interpret this to mean he feels most women are falsely claiming DV. What he points out which is part of our criminal justice system, the unfortunate claims that are not real due to dealing with bad divorces, child custody, child support and so on. I'm sure the majority of claims are real, and the offenders should be harshly punished as no one has the right to hurt a woman, or your children.

I can think of only spanking each of my three children maybe once when they did something very early and did not understand as a toddler. I'm not a big fan of even corporal punishment. The earlier post to simply let the criminal justice system make it's ruling which have all of the facts, then decide on punishment. It cuts down significantly on baseless claims as the CJ system can figure it out. If convicted, even in a pre-trial intervention, the NFL can still then make punishment which in RR case is significant.

Don't just name call when the guy was not condoning DV. He does make the point if we take knee jerk reactions and are too quick to punish before a court decision has been made has OTA's own negative implications.

No. He's just a troll who's been banned under his other name(s). He won't fess up to who he is/was. Unlike Crayonz, his comic relief is unintentional.

Iv never been banned. Hey where's those low conviction rates?

(Have you said anything true in this thread?)

Edited by Crayola64

Oh, if only I had said DV cases have low conviction rates you wouldn't look like such a fool. Run along Chester. You're embarrassing yourself.

Person A days conviction rates are low and gives a reason

You quote that person and say "it's true" and give an alternate reason (also false)

The amazing thing about writing dumb **** is you can't deny it 12 hours later when I can go back and read it. You are a mental midget sir

Person A days conviction rates are low and gives a reason

You quote that person and say "it's true" and give an alternate reason (also false)

The amazing thing about writing dumb **** is you can't deny it 12 hours later when I can go back and read it. You are a mental midget sir

Ah, to be fair I can see how you read it that way. I wasn't agreeing to the conviction rate being low, I was agreeing that it's true that there are abused women who are afraid to testify and/or call the cops, but then argued that most of the time the reason the victim doesn't testify is because she and the defendant have reconciled.

Conviction rates are misleading because they don't account for cases that are nolle prossed (charges dropped) which happens fairly often in these cases. Even if you don't let the vic choose to drop the case, there's not much you can do when her testimony is 90% of your case and her story changes the morning of trial.

Hope that clarifies things.

Edited by Rob's House

This will turn ugly for the NFL very fast...not that this case is fabricated, but when the first case of a false DV matter is discovered, everyone will scream "rush to judgment". There will be blackmailing, jilted lovers and crazy ex's lining up to get fame or fortune. (Again, I am not talking about the Rice woman , AP's kids or even this woman....but you know there will be opportunists out there).

exactly. with the rush to judgment, plus the news media finding something to keep ratings high, there will be plenty of this nonsense going around. It will turn into the boy who cried wolf (or raven).

Seems easy. Really it's what the nfl always used. With the penalty falling right around 2 games.

Then we started comparing it to 3rd strike drug offenses and talking about zero tolerance on accusations.

Really, it's wearing me out feeling like I'm somehow defending these guys, when in reality I'm just not a fan of social media mobs

Frankly, your the one way out of line. Bbf simply spoke on the state of nfl punishments in these situations and the concerns he had with the new policies teams are taking. He very explicitly did not call her a liar, and simply was wondering if "justice" as is being doled out would at some point claim someone innocent.

It's terrible that it happens in thousands of homes every night - I can't shed a tear and light a candle for every victim (simply far too many) but i can discuss fair and just ways to help the situation

I'm with you. Punish the offenders, but the social media mobs of self-righteous individuals is annoying.

Seems easy. Really it's what the nfl always used. With the penalty falling right around 2 games.

Then we started comparing it to 3rd strike drug offenses and talking about zero tolerance on accusations.

Really, it's wearing me out feeling like I'm somehow defending these guys, when in reality I'm just not a fan of social media mobs

Frankly, your the one way out of line. Bbf simply spoke on the state of nfl punishments in these situations and the concerns he had with the new policies teams are taking. He very explicitly did not call her a liar, and simply was wondering if "justice" as is being doled out would at some point claim someone innocent.

It's terrible that it happens in thousands of homes every night - I can't shed a tear and light a candle for every victim (simply far too many) but i can discuss fair and just ways to help the situation

I'm with you. Punish the offenders, but the social media mobs of self-righteous individuals is annoying.

Assaulting a woman is beyond sick dont get me wrong but assaulting a 1year old child!?!?

What a POS

CBF

if true, wtf throws a shoe at their child. That's crazy. (along with all the other bizarre accusations here). I wonder if the Steelers knew about this and let him walk? He was pretty productive w/ the Steelers and I was surprised they let him go with no interest in signing him.

Ah, to be fair I can see how you read it that way. I wasn't agreeing to the conviction rate being low, I was agreeing that it's true that there are abused women who are afraid to testify and/or call the cops, but then argued that most of the time the reason the victim doesn't testify is because she and the defendant have reconciled.

Conviction rates are misleading because they don't account for cases that are nolle prossed (charges dropped) which happens fairly often in these cases. Even if you don't let the vic choose to drop the case, there's not much you can do when her testimony is 90% of your case and her story changes the morning of trial.

Hope that clarifies things.

It does. Thanks for showing respect in the post, I'll do the same to you

Stephen A smith on first take right now sayin this is a "black thing"... God I can't stand that ****....gooooooing allll the way back to the Richie incognito incident when he was in the golf course and used a golf club to molest a female staff member (who was black) by rubbing the club on her private parts and dumping a bottle of water on her face....skip bayless is the one who brought it up and Stephen a smith said that it wasn't covered to nauseam becuAuse he was white and blahhhhhh blah ... Seriously???'!!!!

Edited by Pills -N- Bills