Favorite Beer

Canadian Bills Fan

Really depends. My everyday beer is anything from Yuengling. Black & Tan, Chesterfield Ale, Lager.

For craft beer, I have a microbrewery right in my neighborhood: White Birch. Usually bring a growler home every week. Digging their Berliner Weisse this summer.

When I want to get slammed fast: Le Fin du Monde from Unibroue. 10.5% abv.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really depends. My everyday beer is anything from Yuengling. Black & Tan, Chesterfield Ale, Lager.

For craft beer, I have a microbrewery right in my neighborhood: White Birch. Usually bring a growler home every week. Digging their Berliner Weisse this summer.

Yuengling black & tan used to me my go to about a decade ago when they dropped the price locally to about $8 a 12 pack. Then one day I had a Saranac black and tan. Since that day I've not been able to stomach Yuengling.

Hard to say. But I am very fond of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout is also excellent. And Rouge Brewery's Shakespeare Stout isn't too bad, either.

For industrial beer I tend to like Molson Stock Ale (not available in the USA). Newcastle Brown Ale is pretty good for a 4% alcohol beer.

Great beer. But I find the Unibroue beers a bit on the sweet side for me. Once in a while though....

DuckRabbit Milk Stout is good

Natty Greenes Independence or whatever its called is good - had it at the tailgate

I am in a transitional state with beer; what I used to like I just don't have the taste for anymore. I think my lapses in regular consumption have hindered my maturation of taste eloquincy.

What did R.Rich have in his big bottle? That **** was good.

DuckRabbit Milk Stout is good

Natty Greenes Independence or whatever its called is good - had it at the tailgate

I am in a transitional state with beer; what I used to like I just don't have the taste for anymore. I think my lapses in regular consumption have hindered my maturation of taste eloquincy.

What did R.Rich have in his big bottle? That **** was good.

That was Southern Tier... Not sure what kind- that's local to me so I will look into it

Tops Supermarket used to have a great ale called "Beer". It came in a white can with the letters "BEER" on the can. Of course, that was in 1985 and a case between 4 high school buddies was enough to have a good time at a party. As I have aged (slightly) I have come to appreciate Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Bells Brewery, and my favorite right now Long Trail.

This is a good go to IPA. Not overly fruity or piney and seeing they're right up the road I can pretty much get it anywhere here.

I'll stop by for a tour next time I visit SF.

Also for my CT peeps, I just discovered Two Road Brewing in Stratford. Their Lil Heaven IPA is excellent! I look forward to sampling the rest of their offerings.

I'll stop by for a tour next time I visit SF.

Also for my CT peeps, I just discovered Two Road Brewing in Stratford. Their Lil Heaven IPA is excellent! I look forward to sampling the rest of their offerings.

Let me know. I've not been there but have driven by. We can go to Russian River Brewery and down a bunch Pliny the Elder and spill some just to piss Pooj off. "Hey Pooj, we just spilt more Pliny in five minutes than you've drank in a year! Bwahahahahaha!!"