Should Terry let Jimbo buy a token share of the Bills?

NFL teams have a minimum ownership requirement (minority owners need to own something like 25% of the team). It's the rule that basically forbids another Green Bay ownership scenario. That's why JBJ could not let the Rogers bid get too high.

Given that, Jim ain't gonna be an owner.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL teams have a minimum ownership requirement (minority owners need to own something like 25% of the team). It's the rule that basically forbids another Green Bay ownership scenario. That's why JBJ could not let the Rogers bid get too high.

Look into Jimmy Buffetts ownership stake in the phins before they got sold. Minority partnerships are allowed. I believe with Bon Jovi wanting to be the majority partner in name he had to put up 30 % so that he could be that.

There may be rules about how many minority owners there can be, but the smallest amount allowed for a majority owner is 30%, so I'm pretty sure if there is a limit for minority owners it would be much lower. In any case, Jim ain't buying and Terry ain't selling.

Found this that indicates two minority owners of the Chargers together hold 4%.

Edited by Captain Caveman

There are rules about how many minority owners there can be, but the smallest amount allowed for a majority owner is 30%, so I'm pretty sure if there is a limit for minority owners it would be much lower. In any case, Jim ain't buying and Terry ain't selling.

The Dolphins have several celebrities who are minority owners.

There may be rules about how many minority owners there can be, but the smallest amount allowed for a majority owner is 30%, so I'm pretty sure if there is a limit for minority owners it would be much lower. In any case, Jim ain't buying and Terry ain't selling.

Seems like from what I find, the lowest a minority partner can own is in a range (why? maybe based on the team value) of 50-100 million, debt free.

You're right RE Majority owenership.

Regardless, why would Pegula give Kelly ownership? Pegula can (and no doubt will) hire Kelly as ambassador or whatever he does now.

Edited by John Adams

Dude paid 1.4 billion. He can do whatever he wants in my book. I love Kelly, but Terry Pegula is my current favorite Buffalo Bill.

Get away from that old crap. Start new and stay new.

Speaking of which, and I know this won't be a popular opinion, can we get something to replace the Shout song? I'm really over that.

Edited by Dr. Fong

Ownership would be useless for JK. Put up $14M to make one percent of the team profits, which would mean about $200k.

Bad business.

But JK helped us get Mario and is a great PR guy and human being on top of a local HOF'er and legend. He already has a job in that regard as long as he's still up for it.

No need to change his role.