Week 3 predictions: Chargers @ Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Week 3 picks: Broncos-Seahawks, Eagles-Redskins and more: http://www.si.com/nf...eagles-redskins

banks-nfl-week-3-picks-buf-sd.jpg

I’ve got friends who are Buffalo fans, and I know it’s difficult for them to buy in completely when it comes to their 2-0 Bills. Can you blame them? The memory of 2011 -- when Buffalo started 3-0 and was 5-2 when November arrived, only to collapse with eight losses in nine games for a 6-10 last-place finish -- is probably too fresh. But I do believe in the talent on Buffalo’s Jim Schwartz-coordinated defense this season, and if quarterback EJ Manuel can stay away from turnovers and keep distributing the ball to his playmakers, that’s a decent formula for success for Buffalo. The Chargers last week proved they can beat anyone in the league when they’re on their game, but I sense a San Diego letdown coming against a Bills team that has gotten a taste of winning and likes it.

While coming out of the huddle, Rivers sees a sign in the crowd that says "Norm from North Tonawanda"....he begins to audible, then thinks about North Tonawanda as "NT" and sees an image of Norv Turner in his head...he is flustered, his stomach churns...the center snaps the ball, Rivers' hands are sweaty, he drops it and Bradham picks it up and runs 90 yards for a TD.

Bills 28 Bolts 17

NFL Week 3 game picks: Giants finally win; Bills jump to 3-0

BUF.png 20 SD.png 17 (OT)

Key matchup: Philip Rivers' pass protection vs. the Bills' pass rush

Have you ever stood amidst a horde of 80,000 barbecue-bellied Buffalonians (full of some tasty beverages, too) screaming their heads off? That's what Philip Rivers will be doing as he tries to run the Chargers' offense. Imagine attempting to audible at the line through the howls of a Bills Mafia with three-dash-oh in its sights. If Buffalo is indeed to stay undefeated, the team must take some shots down the field. Promise was present last week via a couple of EJ Manuel- Sammy Watkins intermediate hookups. Keep in mind, though, that this San Diego defense is no pushover -- the unit did, after all, give Russell Wilson all he could handle in Week 2. #SDvsBUF

I don't think the travel affects them but I do believe our defense fires on all cylinders again and a couple of picks, the more graham plays the more confident he gets and today he will read rivers and trust his Instienks more. Bills win 35-28. Love bad weather games it brings the best out of the best and shows off the weakness of teams.