A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

Good call--thank you.

Watched that one again (the EJ near INT); he got crushed on that play. Still needs to make a better throw IMO, but I did not remember that part of it.

Why do people keep saying this? Grimes made a hell is a play, diving and grabbing Sammy's left arm. That pulled his hand off the ball, which is why he didn't hold on to it. It was a great throw, a great adjustment by Watkins to it, and an even better desperation play by Grimes.

I didn't mean to say that it was a bad play by Sammy. Whether he dropped it of his own miscue or it was broken up by the DB, I simply meant that it was the long ball that Sammy couldn't hang on to.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to say that it was a bad play by Sammy. Whether he dropped it of his own miscue or it was broken up by the DB, I simply meant that it was the long ball that Sammy couldn't hang on to.

The term "dropped" means the WR didn't hold onto a catchable ball. I guess technically that's true but I wouldn't use the term myself because the connotation is so negative.

Sammy didn't really "drop" the ball, ya know? When I think of a dropped pass, I think of Stevie not catching the game winner in OT against the Steelers. That was all on him.

lol we're in these guys heads

“I feel like we are built to beat some of the teams in the division,” linebacker Philip Wheeler acknowledged. “Take the Patriots: I think we are built to beat the Patriots."

“I think the Bills are built to beat us.”

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

It was a great game as expected. I thought it was going to be tougher than it was. Our offensive line is by far one of the very best lines in the NFL. That being said, our defense is just as good. This is scary good. I've said it this whole time and again. EJ does not have to win us games but manage them like he has been. Our team is that good. And I also called it about our special teams this week.

Next week will be a very pivotal game for us. If the Bills can take the bolts who has the only offensive line bigger than ours then we have a shot of 12-4. I'm saying it again 12-4! I predicted 10-6 or 11-5 but we can do this.

My hats off to the Bills this weekend, and it was great being at the game. Just a great time and great team to watch. I just can't wit to hear or see how many pick the Bills this weekend? How many points Vegas has us as underdogs????/

Buffalo 31-bolts 17. Yup 31-17 Bills. Rivers has a bad day! Corey don't worry about those dropped picks you could have had because you will get 2 this Sunday and Super Mario has his day! Rivers eats turf at least 5 times!!!!

The term "dropped" means the WR didn't hold onto a catchable ball. I guess technically that's true but I wouldn't use the term myself because the connotation is so negative.

Sammy didn't really "drop" the ball, ya know? When I think of a dropped pass, I think of Stevie not catching the game winner in OT against the Steelers. That was all on him.

Had I been paying more attention to terminology I probably would've done the same--admittedly, I posted that whilst taking the twins for a walk (Mrs. Bandit had them by herself today, and they were being particularly cranky--no nap, etc., so I really needed to pull daddy duty and take them out of the house). Trying to corral two 19-month old boys who think everything with wheels is a toy is a bit distracting.

Nevertheless, you're right, the term "dropped" was misused. I should've said "the deep ball that Sammy nearly came up with"...indeed though, that was a perfect throw, and I have a feeling it won't be the last time Sammy gets a shot at a pass like that :D

I don't think you can praise Watkins enough yesterday. It obviously hurts him to even breathe let alone absorb hits to the ribs and contort his body. He is downplaying how much pain he's in but you can see it. Hopefully this injury gets a chance to heal but unfortunately it may linger the whole season.

All I can say is if Sammy keeps playing like he did yesterday. well then nobody will complain about those two 2015 picks to Cleveland.

The biggest thing I saw in the game was the play calling was much better, and different formations worked well. Special team were finally very special. I was concerned about having CJ returning kick offs, as the starting RB won't be able to start in the first offensive play if its a long return. Then there is the big chance he could be injured. It paid off big yesterday, and I just hope CJ can stay healthy while doing those returns.

That defense is going to be a top ten unit this year. All this team needs is more confidence, experience from EJ and they could be in the playoffs this year.

It really is a great time to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

Is anyone thinking like I was that if EJ could hide the ball after faking to the RB that a bootleg the opposite direction was just sitting there for the opportunity? Seemed like there were about 3-5 plays towards the end that the D was reacting to the flow of the play hard and all EJ needed to do was give a good fake handoff and he had a large amount of field in front of him.

Disagree about Gilmore. Not sure how anyone could have defended that pass to Wallace in the endzone. And if you noticed, they hardly threw it his way the whole game. I'm sure everyone that is in the Bills organization knows that Gilmore is our best DB.

Disagree about Gilmore. Not sure how anyone could have defended that pass to Wallace in the endzone. And if you noticed, they hardly threw it his way the whole game. I'm sure everyone that is in the Bills organization knows that Gilmore is our best DB.

He was on Wallace like white on rice for sure, but it was a very (early) McKelvin like play. Not saying he would have defended it, but he could have turned his head around, and looked for the ball.

Yes, the Bills have struggled a bit in the red zone. But there are only 4 teams who have scored more than the Bills' 52 points so far:

58 - New Orleans

57 - Seattle

55 - Denver

53 - Cleveland!

Only 6 teams have allowed fewer points against them than the Bills' 30 so far:

29 - Baltimore

26 - Cincinnati

27 - Washington

21 - Carolina

20 - Houston

17 - Philidelphia *playing tonight

Yes, the Bills have struggled a bit in the red zone. But there are only 4 teams who have scored more than the Bills' 52 points so far:

58 - New Orleans

57 - Seattle

55 - Denver

53 - Cleveland!

29 - Baltimore

26 - Cincinnati

27 - Washington

21 - Carolina

20 - Houston

That's been the most impressive part of the 2-0 start to me. The team, and I do mean team is playing incredibly well in almost every aspect of the game.

58 - New Orleans

57 - Seattle

55 - Denver

53 - Cleveland!

29 - Baltimore

26 - Cincinnati

27 - Washington

21 - Carolina

20 - Houston

How many teams have kicked as many field goals as we have? How many teams have as many turnovers?

How many teams have kicked as many field goals as we have? How many teams have as many turnovers?

Bills have 5 take-aways: 3 INTs, 2 fumbles recovered (differential = +4)

7 - New England (+5)

6 - Carolina (+6)

6 - Houston (+5)

5 - Bills (+4)

5 - Arizona (+3)

5 - Chicago (+2)

5 - Cincinnatti (+5)

Bills: 8 FGs, 1st in NFL. the next closest are:

6 - Arizona

6 - St. Louis

6 - Cincinnatti

Bills have 5 take-aways: 3 INTs, 2 fumbles recovered (differential = +4)

7 - New England (+5)

6 - Carolina (+6)

6 - Houston (+5)

5 - Bills (+4)

5 - Arizona (+3)

5 - Chicago (+2)

5 - Cincinnatti (+5)

Bills: 8 FGs, 1st in NFL. the next closest are:

6 - Arizona

6 - St. Louis

6 - Cincinnatti

So tied for third in differential and total takeaways?

And first for field goals.