To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found marrones comment about EJ running interesting. They've told him to run out of bounds when he's flush out.

I am not sure if it is coaching or Manuel's own beliefs but something still seems off to me as far as his athletic ability showing during games. I remember last year Hackett saying he wanted EJ to Air it out surprisingly this year seems a little more reserved. And if you are going to run an option offense you have to make sure he runs the ball more.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I am not sure if it is coaching or Manuel's own beliefs but something still seems off to me as far as his athletic ability showing during games. I remember last year Hackett saying he wanted EJ to Air it out surprisingly this year seems a little more reserved. And if you are going to run an option offense you have to make sure he runs the ball more.

The option seems alright. He was referring to EJ scrambling.

Seeing as how the all 22 has been very good to EJ leading up to this game and this game is ONE OF THREE TOTAL GAMES PLAYED.......then?

if people are looking to see a bar graph showing steady improvement week to week I say.....learn football.....that does not happen in the NFL. You take the games as a whole not cherry pick them

This. So we're going to be in for some surprises because EJ showed "indecisiveness" vs. San Diego? Gimme a break. I guess we'll be in for pleasant surprises based on the times he showed absolute decisiveness in games as well.

There are two schools of thought regarding EJ: those that think he'll be a bust that have NO MEMORY of all the times he has shown EXACTLY all the qualities they claim he lacks vs. those that simply haven't seen those qualities on display on a consistent basis. I'd say the latter are a bit more intellectually honest about their argument.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I just heard a clip of EJ where he talked about how he could have got Woods for a TD on a cross in the SD game but missed it. He basically said that he needs to be more patient in the pocket and let things develop a hair longer sometimes. He said that he saw the opening before it was there but didn't wait long enough to make the play. I thought one of the issues with EJ was that the guy had to be wide open for him to throw it.

Question for those who are better at analyzing QB's than I. Is that just bs posturing or is he right in his self assessment? To my eyes it seems like he is anticipating better this year. His accuracy still leaves a lot to be desired but it doesn't seem like he's waiting on throws as much.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Found marrones comment about EJ running interesting. They've told him to run out of bounds when he's flush out.

I haven't listened to it myself yet, but I imagine that's a testament to the lack of depth at the position. Certainly earlier in the year, before Orton got here, if I were Saint Doug, I'd be wrapping EJ in bubble wrap every practice knowing I only had Thad and Jeff behind him.

I haven't listened to it myself yet, but I imagine that's a testament to the lack of depth at the position. Certainly earlier in the year, before Orton got here, if I were Saint Doug, I'd be wrapping EJ in bubble wrap every practice knowing I only had Thad and Jeff behind him.

I think it may be more a testament to EJ getting hurt 3 times last year. The last thing we needed was Jake Locker.

Wondering what happened to Sammy Watkins? EJ Manuel happened, that's what.

Buffalo quarterback EJ Manuel was startlingly bad in his team's 22-10 loss to San Diego on Sunday. Let's begin with that observation.

Manuel was just unreasonably bad by NFL standards. Weapons-grade bad. Destroy-the-evidence bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/wondering-what-happened-to-sammy-watkins--ej-manuel-happened--that-s-what-155456544.html

Wondering what happened to Sammy Watkins? EJ Manuel happened, that's what.

Buffalo quarterback EJ Manuel was startlingly bad in his team's 22-10 loss to San Diego on Sunday. Let's begin with that observation.

Manuel was just unreasonably bad by NFL standards. Weapons-grade bad. Destroy-the-evidence bad.

http://sports.yahoo....-155456544.html

From this setup, for example, Manuel threw the ball 4-5 feet behind Watkins (14) on a short crossing route:

We're obviously not talking about a degree-of-difficulty pass in the face of pressure. Simple enough concept, relatively easy throw to an open man. EJ just uncorked an uncatchable ball.

This is an example of a writer who doesn't know what he's talking about. This was a miscommunication between Sammy and EJ where Sammy is supposed to sit in the open hole as opposed to continuing to move across the field.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

More evidence that QBR is a flawed system.

EJ gets an 8.4 for his effort in SD (238 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT) and Cousins gets a 13.9 for 257 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT with a lost fumble).

:blink:

I don't think they post who does the grading, but yea, for me... it's a flawed system. Clutch factor? What the hell is that.

I don't think they post who does the grading, but yea, for me... it's a flawed system. Clutch factor? What the hell is that.

• A clutch factor is included in the rating, which assigns more weight to plays that occur when the stakes are particularly high.

Here you go Sue.

Edited by GG

More evidence that QBR is a flawed system.

EJ gets an 8.4 for his effort in SD (238 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT) and Cousins gets a 13.9 for 257 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT with a lost fumble).

:blink:

maybe that poet you like can shed some light on the QB situation.

or maybe QBR takes into account when a QB isn't smart enough to avoid a sack by unloading the ball because he can't make his reads fast enough, turns around and loses yards via a sack trying to escape pressure.

btw, both 8.4 and 13.9 suck

Edited by papazoid

maybe that poet you like can shed some light on the QB situation.

or maybe QBR takes into account when a QB isn't smart enough to avoid a sack by unloading the ball because he can't make his reads fast enough, turns around and loses yards via a sack trying to escape pressure.

EJ sucks. Just add it to your signature already. Broken record.