To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same people who defend EJ today were also apologists for Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Green, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc. Arguments are futile. Better to just express opinions and move along than get bogged down in a circular game of "show me indisputable evidence to prove opinions formed by watching with your own two eyes."

What's truly unfortunate is that apparently posters are expected to pick a side and identify with it, vis-a-vis, you're either a "realist" (which is what someone that has had their mind made up that EJ sucks calls themselves) or an "apologist" (someone that apparently believes EJ is great no matter what).

I can tell you for certain that some of the QBs on your list I expected to be good (Losman), while others I did not (Collins, Fitzpatrick). Many of us, despite how you choose to characterize your (apparent) fellow fans, are perfectly capable of watching the game, forming an opinion that is different from yours while still quite valid, and defending it with accurate information.

Personally, I haven't at all written off EJ. I think Buffalo can win with him based on the fact that they're 6-7 in games that he's started, and could easily have a better record than that if a few bounces went their way. That doesn't mean that I don't recognize his flaws, and it certainly doesn't make me an apologist.

He's played 2 solid games this year and 1 terrible game. The team is 2-1 and tied for the lead in the AFC East...the rush to jettison the guy is considerably more absurd and emotionally driven than the wait-and-see approach. How anyone would deny that is beyond me.

What's truly unfortunate is that apparently posters are expected to pick a side and identify with it, vis-a-vis, you're either a "realist" (which is what someone that has had their mind made up that EJ sucks calls themselves) or an "apologist" (someone that apparently believes EJ is great no matter what).

I can tell you for certain that some of the QBs on your list I expected to be good (Losman), while others I did not (Collins, Fitzpatrick). Many of us, despite how you choose to characterize your (apparent) fellow fans, are perfectly capable of watching the game, forming an opinion that is different from yours while still quite valid, and defending it with accurate information.

Personally, I haven't at all written off EJ. I think Buffalo can win with him based on the fact that they're 6-7 in games that he's started, and could easily have a better record than that if a few bounces went their way. That doesn't mean that I don't recognize his flaws, and it certainly doesn't make me an apologist.

He's played 2 solid games this year and 1 terrible game. The team is 2-1 and tied for the lead in the AFC East...the rush to jettison the guy is considerably more absurd and emotionally driven than the wait-and-see approach. How anyone would deny that is beyond me.

Very well said.

The rush to make a change that maybe will win a couple more games this season at the expense of seeing if the first round young QB actually has what it takes to be the teams QB for many years is absurd to me as well. Instant gratification can be a heartless B word I guess.

The rush to make a change that maybe will win a couple more games this season at the expense of seeing if the first round young QB actually has what it takes to be the teams QB for many years is absurd to me as well. Instant gratification can be a heartless B word I guess.

Assuming this imaginary new player would already know the offense, have chemistry with the WRs, etc.

Sure, bring in this Superman.

Shannon Sharpe loves to tell stories about him always yelling at Elway for not getting him the ball when he was open (on every single play). Oh, the disdain he must have had for his QB!

Are you intentionally misconstruing my words to make a point?

There are actually 3 positions to take and surprisingly not many are interest in the other. Which is that EJ may be to guy but needs time to develop. I am an advocate for letting him sit, learn, refine before putting him back out there. I fail to see why anyone thinks that is not a worthy option. I would not suggest what happened with JP the yoyo that he faced was unfair, but sit EJ and teach him what he needs. Yes he has had good games and bad. Every QB does. But if we are being honest about it most are less than average performances.

Please link to this stuff.

And please demonstrate that the stuff you're referring to is in no way shape or form commonplace in the relationships between QB's and receivers.

As I said before, you can choose to believe that all is well inside OBD. Good for you.

As I said before, you can choose to believe that all is well inside OBD. Good for you.

Has someone actually reported this? I honestly don't know and would love to see who did. Right now I don't see anything outside of the ordinary frustrations during and after a loss. It's also fair to note that both Woods and Watkins were both at less than full speed last Sunday. I think that negatively impacted their production as well as EJ missing them a few times. Especially Woods whose limited reps last week certainly effected his timing.

GO BILLS!!!

In the same breath...

"Forming different opinions after watching the game is completely valid."

"
Opinions other than mine are absurd and emotionally driven. Denying that is beyond me
."

Love it. :lol:

This, right here, is called intentionally misreading in order to make a straw man argument. I'll go ahead and quote that for you again just to make sure you read it properly:

So you believe that the rush to jettison a QB that is 2-1 on the season is more valid (and not emotionally-driven) than the wait and see approach? I would love to hear the justification for that.

There isn't one. At all. That's not an opinion statement, and if you believe it is, please show me one example--in the history of the NFL--where a team benches a QB in game 3 of the NFL season when he's 2-1.

Well, that's my opinion as you've given it to me.

But even if it were, is it just that you refuse to acknowledge the existence of a reality somewhere between it and what you're purporting to be true?

Yet one fan will be celebrating his team's success.

The other is a 'fan' celebrating the team's failure.

I'll happily be that hypocrite.

This argument is damn near baseless. Virtually everyone here wants the same thing. We want the Bills to be successful. If that includes EJ Manuel then fantastic. I don't care about the person inside the jersey as much as I care about the jersey itself. I don't think that I'm unique in this.

If you feel differently then please find me a thread celebrating the team's failure.