To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how one predicts a past event but still, given he was in the midst of having his delivery completely rebuilt, I'd say it's likely Rodgers would have struggled early on.

And thanks for the snarky shot.

No snark intended. You seem very in tune with the position. (the point of the post was that it's impossible to predict yet...that's what people here are doing)

Same people who defend EJ today were also apologists for Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Green, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc. Arguments are futile. Better to just express opinions and move along than get bogged down in a circular game of "show me indisputable evidence to prove opinions formed by watching with your own two eyes."

the Green years were the worst.

Can't talk. Busy researching the history of the NFL to find out if there has ever been a time fans suspected a QB to be a bust after 13 starts. I mean, a message board poster totally dared me to, and all.

Way to step up and respond to the subject matter after misrepresenting my statement.

No snark intended. You seem very in tune with the position. (the point of the post was that it's impossible to predict yet...that's what people here are doing)

the Green years were the worst.

Ha!! Green would've been a godsend compared to Edwards. My bad.

Has someone actually reported this? I honestly don't know and would love to see who did. Right now I don't see anything outside of the ordinary frustrations during and after a loss. It's also fair to note that both Woods and Watkins were both at less than full speed last Sunday. I think that negatively impacted their production as well as EJ missing them a few times. Especially Woods whose limited reps last week certainly effected his timing.

GO BILLS!!!

Not reported, but some of the back chatter. Yes, they're frustrated, but it's very visible on the field and is definitely translating to their play.

This team quit on Marrone at the end of last season, and looked to be on the verge of exploding in the summer. The two wins brought them back from the brink, but I don't have a good feeling of how this is going to play itself out.

I am not familiar with many NFL teams where the receivers' disdain is directed at the QB at the completion of a play. If it happens, it's usually an isolated incident, not separate reactions from the entire receiving corps

That one play is horrific on many levels, Hackett calls a great play, where SD bites on play action, 3 Bills' receivers are open in the same planar view for EJ. He pump fakes to an open Chandler, while Big Mike clearly gets behind the double coverage. Yet EJ inexplicably pulls the ball down and in between deciding to run or pass, dumps off a wild throw that misses Woods by a mile who's only a couple of yards away from him. To me Woods' reaction at the end of the play was very telling. It wasn't just anger at the missed pass, but also, why were you throwing to me in the first place?

If that play doesn't bring back memories of JP and Josh Reed, I don't know what does.

You dont know that WAS directed at the QB to begin with.....your guessing

EJ had a bad game.......he didnt make some plays that were available to him......

in....this.....one......game

Not reported, but some of the back chatter. Yes, they're frustrated, but it's very visible on the field and is definitely translating to their play.

This team quit on Marrone at the end of last season, and looked to be on the verge of exploding in the summer. The two wins brought them back from the brink, but I don't have a good feeling of how this is going to play itself out.

And this is precisely why I've challenged your (now admittedly) unsubstantiated claims to this situation.

If you repeat it enough, people begin to believe it.

The team did not quit on Marrone at the end of last season. That. Is. False.

They quit on Marrone while winning 2 of their final 3 games and putting up quite a fight against NE on the road in Week 17 with a PS QB?

That's news to me.

Total Hogwash!

And this is precisely why I've challenged your (now admittedly) unsubstantiated claims to this situation.

If you repeat it enough, people begin to believe it.

The team did not quit on Marrone at the end of last season. That. Is. False.

2,000 yards given up to Blount say otherwise.

DId it? I thought the topic had turned to how the coach was going down with the EJ Manuel ship.....which is definately still on topic of EJ Manuel

Marrone's future is fully correlated to how much production he gets from the QB position

I don't consider myself an EJ basher or hater, but I am a skeptic. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he shows progress, & I expect the occasional bad game. But nothing makes me want to brew up a fresh pot of EJ sucks like others being scapegoated for his flaws.

I'm not sure they quit on him at the end of last year. I didn't see any blatant run for the bus moments and Blounts explosion was just a continuation of what we saw all season.

As for the blowups in the summer, that can be attributed to the longest training camp in the league and Marrone's seeming inability to gauge when he needs to take the foot of the gas. He worked them hard. Very Parcells and Coughlin like which is no surprise considering.

If there was any carry over from the long pre-season, I think it would have manifested after Chicago wasted no time in going up 7-0 after their first possession. Instead, we answered with a masterful long drive which featured some nice plays by EJ where he actually threw the ball more than the 2.3 yards everyone says he does. They flat out dominated Miami. And I can't pretend I haven't seen let down after huge emotional buildups to key wins the week after. We were caught flat against a superior team with a great QB. It was almost predictable.

While everyone seems to wants to dwell on last Sunday, the most important aspect of that game is how we respond going forward. Houston should teach us a few things. If there are current undertones of animosity between EJ and the rest of his offense, it will be seen on the field rather early in the game I think. In many ways, the Houston game is more of a barometer than San Diego.

GO BILLS!!!