Red Zone

bowery4

The game was great and not trying to be down on this team at all. But we need to do something about the red zone problem. First is it the play calling, lack of push in the middle, somehow Ej's fault? What do you think guys. We can't always count on STs and D to win us ever game. How do we score inside the 20?

BTW, THAT WAS A EFFIN AWESOME GAME ANYHOW!

Edited by bowery4

Red Zone offense definitely needs to improve if we are going to make the playoffs.

Everything has been good enough so far through 2 games against non-playoff opponents. No complaints.

But we will eventually need more than what we have shown, unless we are all content to go 7-9 or 8-8 and say "Well, it was an improvement."

To hell with that noise.

But we do have time to improve! And the D has been and should be solid all the way through.

I liked the way EJ played today, but TDs were there to be had if he had thrown the ball more accurately. That was the main issue today.

Bad news: He needs to play better in order for the Bills to be able to beat the better teams in the NFL.

Good news: EJ did not turn the ball over - only a couple of close calls, but overall some good choices and 0 turnovers - and the rest of the team played well enough to beat the Dolphins... by quite a bit.

7 vs 3 obviously matters a lot in a league where the margins are usually thin. But redzone play like turnovers, is something where past performance isn't as predictive as a lot of other things. So I guess I'm not really worried about it. Moving the ball and getting in the redzone is the biggest thing good offenses do more than lousy ones.

I liked the way EJ played today, but TDs were there to be had if he had thrown the ball more accurately. That was the main issue today.

yes. There were at least 2. I know we don't have a pro bowl QB and this is his 12th game so I guess these things are expected. He didn't turn the ball over and managed the game effectively so I am happy. He can improve on the plays he missed after he watches the film. He also wasn't sacked. Nice game by EJ.

i was really upset with the lack of aggression from the coaching staff. i would have rather seen ej slinging it a bit more down there rather than running straight into the teeth of a defense that knew the run was coming. at some point, they are going to have to let ej spray the ball around a bit.

The long bomb to Watkins was perfectly thrown, the defender made a great play to knock it out.

Overall, I believe EJ played great today...no need to nit-pick. The offense as a whole needs to do better in the red zone....including play-calling.

yes. There were at least 2. I know we don't have a pro bowl QB and this is his 12th game so I guess these things are expected. He didn't turn the ball over and managed the game effectively so I am happy. He can improve on the plays he missed after he watches the film. He also wasn't sacked. Nice game by EJ.

Seems everyone's on the same page here. Amazing defensive performance and great team win overall. O needs to find a way to get 7 in the redzone and EJ is still improving. These first two games have to be doing wonders for his confidence though. Sooner rather than later we'll find ourselves in a shootout, and we'll need him to be the QB who can score and win it. I'm much more encouraged that he could be that after these first two games.

I agree. EJ is playing exactly how you want your young, second year QB to play. Sure he misses some passes, and he'll make some mistakes; but he's managing the game really well.

I still think Hackett needs to get more creative in the red zone to help him out.

i was really upset with the lack of aggression from the coaching staff. i would have rather seen ej slinging it a bit more down there rather than running straight into the teeth of a defense that knew the run was coming. at some point, they are going to have to let ej spray the ball around a bit.

I agree 100%

I think Nate Hackett really sucks! Bills basically traded 21 points for 9 in the first half by all the running up the middle in red zone. Inexcusable.

I agree 100%

I think Nate Hackett really sucks! Bills basically traded 21 points for 9 in the first half by all the running up the middle in red zone. Inexcusable.

i would not say that hackett sucks, i think he is still kinda finding his way. but i would definitely say i would like to see him get more aggressive and try to put the dagger into these teams and put them away. the important thing is that they are winning so this point right now is moot. hopefully it stays that way.