Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

YoloinOhio

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the real world, there's a difference between "swat," "hit," and "beat." In the modern "zero tolerance" justice system, not so much.

In a world where kids get suspended for biting their Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun, I wouldn't be surprised if Peterson was indicted for giving his son a really, really, really stern look.

I love the sentiments here casting doubt on the validity of the crime.

It's like the default assumption on the part of many here is to assume the child is at fault, or Rice's girlfriend was at fault. She must have made Rice hit her.

Nevermind the animal knocking her out or the child abuser beating the child to the point where criminal charges are being brought.

You people are kind of sickening.

Meatheads.

It's like the default assumption on the part of many here is to assume the child is at fault, or Rice's girlfriend was at fault. She must have made Rice hit her.

Nevermind the animal knocking her out or the child abuser beating the child to the point where criminal charges are being brought.

Meatheads.

Tbh yours is just as bad. Nobody knows what happened just that charges were filed. My reaction is wow I wonder what happened. I haven't seen anyone in this thread blame the child here...

A switch is a thin tree branch, like from a willow tree. Hurts like a B word by the way and leaves marks. Personal experience.

Yup it's an old school one for sure. Pick your switch was the worst. Small ones hurt bc they move fast big ones hurt bc they're big. Learn your lesson quick though lol.

Meatheads.

I have a pretty solid and secure definition for what I consider "child abuse." "Hit with a switch" isn't necessarily it, no matter what a grand jury says. It's simply not enough for me to go on.

I don't automatically bow to the justice system for my own determination of right and wrong. I wait for the facts and judge for myself. If you chose to be an overreactive crybaby incapable of independent thought, then I suggest with no pretense of humility or politeness that you're the problem, not me.

I have a pretty solid and secure definition for what I consider "child abuse." "Hit with a switch" isn't necessarily it, no matter what a grand jury says. It's simply not enough for me to go on.

I don't automatically bow to the justice system for my own determination of right and wrong. I wait for the facts and judge for myself. If you chose to be an overreactive crybaby incapable of independent thought, then I suggest with no pretense of humility or politeness that you're the problem, not me.

Bravo

No. Rice is a predator. Peterson is just an idiot. He thought he was disciplining his kid...but if you're breaking the skin, you're doing it very, very wrong.

Whatever, they are both disgusting excuses of a human being.

Edited by Pneumonic

No. Rice is a predator. Peterson is just an idiot. He thought he was disciplining his kid...but if you're breaking the skin, you're doing it very, very wrong.

He's an idiot because the kid is four. This wouldn't be a case if the kid was 11.

Also, are we allowed to ask what the kid did? As far as I know, Texas legal code allows the hitting of the child to reprimand and promote their welfare. Maybe he did something really bad.

Edit: Does anyone remember when we were outraged by Incognito bullying? Seems like a far-cry from the issues now, huh?

Edited by FireChan

He's an idiot because the kid is four. This wouldn't be a case if the kid was 11.

Also, are we allowed to ask what the kid did? As far as I know, Texas legal code allows the hitting of the child to reprimand and promote their welfare. Maybe he did something really bad.

Pushed another kid away from a video game.

He's an idiot because if you hit a kid to inflict pain, you've gone overboard. At 4 years old, kids don't respond to reason, they respond to positive and negative reinforcement. To enforce discipline, you sometimes do have to give a 4 year old a swat on the behind to provide physical reinforcement of the discipline. But when that "swat" inflicts actual pain, or even injury, you've gone beyond mere discipline.

The reason Pneumonic's wrong in equating him to Rice is because intent actually matters. Rice intended to abuse a woman. Peterson didn't intend to abuse a kid, he intended to discipline the kid.

You know what else is probably going to happen? Peterson injured the kid's scrotum. I don't know about Texas, but in many jurisdictions, that means he's now a registered sex offender - in some jurisdictions, even if he's cleared of all charges.