Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

YoloinOhio

Perhaps the ones I was responding to?

Maybe you didn't read the post I quoted in your race to be snarky.

No, I read that post, it was very good and contained nothing untrue. Your ridiculous "but he apologized" response demanded little more than snark.

But don't let me get in the way of your need to keep apologizing for Peterson.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

I come from an old school family who's momma and poppa used to deal out the "whoopin's" with a wooden spoon. Never, EVER, on my parents' worst day did they ever leave marks like this. This is a textbook case of child abuse. There's disciplining your child and beating your kid into the hospital.

AP is done.

I love the sentiments here casting doubt on the validity of the crime.

It's like the default assumption on the part of many here is to assume the child is at fault, or Rice's girlfriend was at fault. She must have made Rice hit her.

Nevermind the animal knocking her out or the child abuser beating the child to the point where criminal charges are being brought.

You people are kind of sickening.

Meatheads.

Don't let the fact that no one said any of that interfere with your feelings about them saying it. I'm highly offended by all those posters who think it's okay for men to molest little boys.

The more I read about this, the more I think this is on the par if not worse than the Ray Rice situation. There is a difference between discipline and a beating.

Giving a four-year a four minute tine out is discipline. Giving a four-year a light open palmed swat on a fully clothed behind to get his attention without physically hurting him is discipline.

A 217 pound man repeatedly striking a defenseless four-year with a switch (some reports state over 20 times) on his bare behind including his scrotum is a beating. This conclusion is re-inforced when you look at the photos of the child that reportedly were taken a week later.

Adrian Peterson should know better - especially in light of what happened to one of his other sons about a year ago.

Don't let the fact that no one said any of that interfere with your feelings about them saying it. I'm highly offended by all those posters who think it's okay for men to molest little boys.

Aren't you the guy who was asking for underage pics a few days ago? Someones a little preoccupied on something...

The more I read about this, the more I think this is on the par if not worse than the Ray Rice situation. There is a difference between discipline and a beating.

Giving a four-year a four minute tine out is discipline. Giving a four-year a light open palmed swat on a fully clothed behind to get his attention without physically hurting him is discipline.

A 217 pound man repeatedly striking a defenseless four-year with a switch (some reports state over 20 times) on his bare behind including his scrotum is a beating. This conclusion is re-inforced when you look at the photos of the child that reportedly were taken a week later.

Adrian Peterson should know better - especially in light of what happened to one of his other sons about a year ago.

I agree completely. If those reports are true and it were up to me I wouldn't hesitate to prosecute the case and ask for jail time. I don't really care what the kid did. He's 4.

Aren't you the guy who was asking for underage pics a few days ago? Someones a little preoccupied on something...

Hey Chester, I thought I felt something gnawing on my sac.

I agree completely. If those reports are true and it were up to me I wouldn't hesitate to prosecute the case and ask for jail time. I don't really care what the kid did. He's 4.

Hey Chester, I thought I felt something gnawing on my sac.

Unfortunately it's not an underager

I come from an old school family who's momma and poppa used to deal out the "whoopin's" with a wooden spoon. Never, EVER, on my parents' worst day did they ever leave marks like this. This is a textbook case of child abuse. There's disciplining your child and beating your kid into the hospital.

AP is done.

Well...the pediatrician's office anyway.

This^^^

Wouldn't know it from your posts.

Sorry to excite you, but im legal ;)

Just so everyone knows, im referring to when Rob asked for underage pics to the disgust of the father. Sorry to derail the thread, but I noticed him bring up underage kids again and felt obligated

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170763-has-roger-goodells-handling-of-ray-rice-incident-devalued-the-nfl/#entry3248921

Edited by Crayola64

AP is done.

Those pics are a week after the incident, and they still look that bad...,also, those are just the marks on his legs. Little man also had open wounds on his back, butt and SCROTUM. Have a nice year off scumbag.

Tom, in NY this is a felony (Assault 2) if there is a visible physical injury because the "switch" is a weapon. In NY objects are seen as weapons. I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, nor why the mother deemed fit to seek medical attention for her child.

That said, please keep in mind that AP is a professional football player. I say this in terms of his strength. I hope that the child isn't seriously injured.

Let me add that if you personally did this in NY, you would be in a world of chit. When AP got jammed up in a bar, Jim Miller was on Sirius blaming "over-zealous off duty cops." My guess is that AP is just another pampered scumbag. If that kid is injured, I hope that he does lots of jail time.

This case does strike a nerve with me. I have seen things in my life that human eyes were not meant to see, but there is nothing worse than child abuse.

Nothing.

Supposedly the child already had a scheduled doctor appointment (checkup/unrelated issue).

No, I read that post, it was very good and contained nothing untrue. Your ridiculous "but he apologized" response demanded little more than snark.

But don't let me get in the way of your need to keep apologizing for Peterson.

I believe it was edited.

He hit his kid in the balls with a switch. And he doesn't think he did anything wrong. That's enough for me.

This post was another one that contained errors.

I find it funny that you are taking such a black and white stance on this. If AP really was raised this way, and had similar "marks," that means nothing to you?

Do you think AP's child was in danger of dying?

Edited by FireChan

Tom, in NY this is a felony (Assault 2) if there is a visible physical injury because the "switch" is a weapon. In NY objects are seen as weapons. I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, nor why the mother deemed fit to seek medical attention for her child.

That said, please keep in mind that AP is a professional football player. I say this in terms of his strength. I hope that the child isn't seriously injured.

Let me add that if you personally did this in NY, you would be in a world of chit. When AP got jammed up in a bar, Jim Miller was on Sirius blaming "over-zealous off duty cops." My guess is that AP is just another pampered scumbag. If that kid is injured, I hope that he does lots of jail time.

This case does strike a nerve with me. I have seen things in my life that human eyes were not meant to see, but there is nothing worse than child abuse.

Nothing.

Keep in mind that when I posted that, it was before any details were published. The ONLY thing to go on was the initial story of "hit with a switch," with absolutely no indication of severity.

Honestly, this is the reason so many child abuse cases are pursued by prosecutors, including really thin ones. They produce automatic visceral reactions by people, as they should. A lot of times it turns out later that the allegations and evidence have a lot of problems or questions, but by that time public opinion is already firmly against the defendant.

I am not defending AP; but at the same time, I wonder if there is more here to this, especially since the grand jury didn't indict him the first time.

Yep, the court of public opinion is very easy to sway.

Honestly, I guess I am defending AP. Clearly, it's something he shouldn't have done, and it's something I never have done. But I won't pretend that I wouldn't use the ways my parents raised me to raise my own children, and AP himself said that's the way he was raised. I won't demonize AP to a child-beating POS just yet. Going on Twitter, it seems like a cultural thing, a lot of southern blacks are saying, "AP arrested? My mom and Grandma would be doing time, too." All in all, it's important to take a step back and try to actually understand the issues.

Edited by FireChan

Well, like Roddy White, my biggest concern this weekend is that it has killed my fantasy team, this weekend!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/roddy-white-thinks-his-fantasy-team-is-the-real-victim-of-the-adrian-peterson-case/

Seriously though, hitting your kids to the point of damage like this is disgusting. From my experience as a child, the mere act of your parent hitting you was negative reinforcement enough, and was more important than any pain inflicted. But as a man who has never been a parent, and therefore an expert!, I see hitting a child as a last resort--when you've really run out of options. And of course, for the protection of the child. For instance if the moron runs into the street, keeps trying to stick his/her hand into a fire, etc.

And, Tom is right, intention definitely matters. While ignorance isn't an excuse for abuse, it is a mitigating factor, IMO. For some people, it's all they know,. As long as they don't really enjoy it, they might be able to be retrained.

I'd hate to be Goodell on this one. He has enough crazy s#hit on his plate (much of it his own fault).

really? recall how many times this guy http://en.wikipedia....Jerramy_Stevens got the benefit of the doubt. i believe, in general, professional athletes have gotten preferential treatment under the law, not the other way around.

Yep. Jerramy Stevens. Ray Rice's story is nothing compared to his, and he got away scot free for ages.