Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

YoloinOhio

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. Is this stemming from the death of the boy last year? Or is this a current child?

Looks like a different child. The death last year was in South Dakota; this indictment is from Texas.

I suppose it could somehow be the same incident...but I don't see how.

This is getting out of control. The NFL needs to set a policy and stick with it.

Either

A) You let them play until the court/legal system is done before suspending a player

or

B) You suspend them with pay once an indictment comes down, and re-address a suspension after the court/legal system is done.

The NFL is trying to be the judge and jury AS SOON as evidence comes out because the public pressure is too great. This invariably leads to huge errors. They need to figure out a way to let the legal system proceed with the process, and then react to the outcome.

I wouldn't dare make light of this situation, but it's amazing that this happens this week when the Vikes play the Pats....

Sadly, that was the second thing that I thought of after being concerned about what happened to the child.

I am sure there will be some sensational indictment, which is largely exaggerated and unsupported.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel for prosecutors-- defending kids, going after high profile atheletes.

really? recall how many times this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerramy_Stevens got the benefit of the doubt. i believe, in general, professional athletes have gotten preferential treatment under the law, not the other way around.

This is getting out of control. The NFL needs to set a policy and stick with it.

Either

A) You let them play until the court/legal system is done before suspending a player

or

B) You suspend them with pay once an indictment comes down, and re-address a suspension after the court/legal system is done.

The NFL is trying to be the judge and jury AS SOON as evidence comes out because the public pressure is too great. This invariably leads to huge errors. They need to figure out a way to let the legal system proceed with the process, and then react to the outcome.

Even if it doesn't lead to huge errors, it leads to the perception of huge errors.

The NFL really needs to put in place an objective disciplinary system, if they're going to have one at all. And Goodell's not the person to do it, at this point.