Eagles player leaves 20 cent tip at restaurant

No, he doesn't need to leave a large tip. Just an appropriate one. It's not tough to imagine McCoy being in the wrong here, given his usual attitude and immaturity.

Except he has a history of both eating there and tipping well when he does. I'm happy to repeat this as many times as it takes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he doesn't need to leave a large tip. Just an appropriate one. It's not tough to imagine McCoy being in the wrong here, given his usual attitude and immaturity.

Care to elaborate on the bolded?

These are the two links I found when googling LeSean McCoy trouble:

Baby Mamma Drama where she comes off looking way worse than he does

Party Bus incident where she later admitted that he didn't touch her

I have never heard anything about him being trouble or in trouble so please explain.

Not necessarily, some people are just stiffs.

Maybe so, but let's assume the service was lousy and they didn't deserve the tip. Now the owner of the place spreads the word that you didn't tip properly, and it goes viral and is all over the news..

Fair? Of course not.If that restaurant were one of my usuals, it'd be off my list. And this is coming from a guy who started waiting tables at the age of 11, and worked in food service all the way through college.

What the owner did was stupid. Though I'm sure he'll have his fans.

The interwebs seems to think he has a history of poor tipping about town. I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

So does Kevin Garnett what does it really mean? What does it matter? Who honestly cares what he tipped?

Maybe so, but let's assume the service was lousy and they didn't deserve the tip. Now the owner of the place spreads the word that you didn't tip properly, and it goes viral and is all over the news..

Fair? Of course not.If that restaurant were one of my usuals, it'd be off my list. And this is coming from a guy who started waiting tables at the age of 11, and worked in food service all the way through college.

Yup as I stated earlier in the thread there were multiple ways to handle this appropriately and he chose the douchiest way possible.

He looked pretty immature with the baby mama drama IMO. Ask a 120k Philly fans to attack your ex via social media. Of course they did.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2013/01/28/lesean-mccoy-twitter-apology-mother-son/1872405/

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/663334-the-real-lesean-mccoy-exposed-on-social-media/

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingnews/status/455730023274524674

Yeah, he's the poster child for maturity and professionalism. Give me a break...

Edited by SmokinES3

I will only be properly outraged when I see the video of this...

Good one.

Or the service was good and he's a stiff. And this coming from a guy that started waiting tables in college, bartended, managed and owned restaurants.

I over tip in places I frequent. People never understand how I can walk up to a bar that is two deep and get service immediately or get a table in a very busy place with no reservation. Really not very complicated.

Or the service was good and he's a stiff. And this coming from a guy that started waiting tables in college, bartended, managed and owned restaurants.

Still out of line by the owner. There were a number of better ways to handle this. The owner took the most humiliating one, most probably for the publicity. Heaven forbid he kept his yap shut, threw a few schneckles to the waiter who got stiffed, and then addressed McCoy the next time he comes into the restaurant.

But no. We must humiliate.

He looked pretty immature with the baby mama drama IMO. Ask a 120k Philly fans to attack your ex via social media. Of course they did.

http://www.usatoday....er-son/1872405/

http://boards.philad...n-social-media/

http://www.reddit.co..._mccoy_tweeted/

https://mobile.twitt...730023274524674

Yeah, he's the poster child for maturity and professionalism. Give me a break...

Yeah I referenced that upthread. Did you perhaps see what she said/did? Or does it only matter what he did because he is famous? He definitely didn't handle himself well in this situation, just like the owner of the restaurant didn't handle himself well in this situation. Why is it not okay for LeSean to sick social media on someone trashing him on social media but it is okay for the owner to sick social media on McCoy? What is the difference in this situation?

Still out of line by the owner. There were a number of better ways to handle this. The owner took the most humiliating one, most probably for the publicity. Heaven forbid he kept his yap shut, threw a few schneckles to the waiter who got stiffed, and then addressed McCoy the next time he comes into the restaurant.

:thumbsup:

A life time ago I managed a club in the Hamptons. It was frequented by a number of swells, privileged spoiled brats really. I had a problem with bounced checks, so I made blown up copies and posted them in the entrance way. It was amazing how quickly people made good on those checks.

I ran a very high profile restaurant in NYC, four stars from the NY Times also written up in the Times as the best service in the US. It was frequented by celebrities, masters of the universe, politicians and even royalty. If someone was a notorious bad tipper and it didn't matter who they were, we did not accept their reservation. You have an obligation to your staff. They need to know you have their back and are not going to let customers abuse them.

I personally don't like the whole concept of tipping.

People in the service industry (Wait Staff/Bartenders, etc) should be paid a decent wage to do their job. If they do it well, they keep their job and get raises. If not, they get canned.

Customers should not have to decide whether or not a tip is earned.

"I don't normally tip .... I don't believe in it" Mr. Pink

"Never mind what you normally would do, just cough in a buck like everybody else" Joe

A life time ago I managed a club in the Hamptons. It was frequented by a number of swells, privileged spoiled brats really. I had a problem with bounced checks, so I made blown up copies and posted them in the entrance way. It was amazing how quickly people made good on those checks.

I ran a very high profile restaurant in NYC, four stars from the NY Times also written up in the Times as the best service in the US. It was frequented by celebrities, masters of the universe, politicians and even royalty. If someone was a notorious bad tipper and it didn't matter who they were, we did not accept their reservation. You have an obligation to your staff. They need to know you have their back and are not going to let customers abuse them.

In neither instance did you employ a strategy to even potentially shame them in front millions of people.

Time to crank up the social media outrage machine to correct this wrong.

Yeah... I am all for it. Until @ least they get a decent wage straight up... And of course all the prices go up too. So what's the problem? Why should apathy reign supreme. What goes around does NOT come around and there in lies the problem. There is no other recourse than to do what the owner did. Shame the dude.

You see this all the time people working their server like a dog and then giving a lousy tip. Everybody thinks they can game the system and just walk away without any consequences.

What do you think should be done? The price of food is cheap because labor is cheap. NEWSFLASH: Your service gets calculated into the coast of your food... Almost always 15-20%. What was he trying to prove with $.20. If he didn't believe in tipping, he'd give nothing... That's not the case.

Just pay help 20 bucks an hour and be done with... Eliminate tips and absorb the cost into the menu price or whatever...

Who cares?

The wait staff everywhere?

Agree LA... But do you think that would actually be effective? "address McCoy..." He'd probably start a fight.

Your first point is irrelevant to this topic because that is money owed to the restaurant for services rendered. But I agree with that practice because it was faster than any other option to remedy the situation.

The second point is exactly what I'm talking about. All of that could have been done in this case without the owner calling attention to this for the world to see.

Agree LA... But do you think that would actually be effective? "address McCoy..." He'd probably start a fight.

Addressing McCoy is step two, which follows step one; make sure you have easy access to your firearm.

If you followed the link it was a ****ty tipper not lousy service.

How do you know it wasn't lousy service? I generally tip 20%, even if the service is mediocre but I've had some horrible service where I purposely left a few pennies to show my displeasure. Can we be sure this isn't what happened here?