Dolphins fans planning mafia take over of the Ralph on Sunday

Martifal

The best option for getting tickets at a reasonable price requires a bit of patience. Wait until about 5 minutes after kickoff and go to a scalper...you can usually get them for $30 or so. Although you'll miss kickoff and be who-knows-where in the stadium.

interesting strategy, thanks! might give that a shot. for sold out games like this do you think scalpers will still be offering decent seats for $80-$100 or so per ticket?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live here in South Fla and go to bills game every yr... I always sit around 50, 10-20 rows up and am usually surrounded by alot of Bills fans but i would assume lots of Bills fan like to sit on visitors sideline... But crowd is still very vocal when Bills make a play and Phins fan have VERY little passion. I try to go to 1 Bills home game a yr and when i do, if u cheer for opposing team, u get smacked talked and "bullied"!!

I can be as roudy and obnoxious as i want and Phins fan are still pretty tame. Only time they get on my nerves is when they play "fins up" which is lamest and most juvenile fans rant EVER!

Bills make me wanna SHOUT!!!

The only time I've ever been physically accosted at a game, was at a Bills, Dolphins game in Miami. It was a drunk Bills fan that thought I was a Dolphins fan.

interesting strategy, thanks! might give that a shot. for sold out games like this do you think scalpers will still be offering decent seats for $80-$100 or so per ticket?

Depends...timing is everything. The further you are from kickoff the worse you'll get gouged. Find a guy that doesn't look confident and catch him closer to game time and you can get a reasonable price.

You need to be able to read people though

Haha yeah, I read the Takeover post on finheaven also. In reality it's just a couple dozen Fin fans getting together beforehand and then dispersing themselves randomly throughout the stadium.

But what I'm most excited for with this game is the relevancy factor. I can't recall the last time the Fins and Bills played and it was actually one of the week's more exciting matchups. Hope there's many more to come like this while the Pats and Jets watch in misery.

I suppose I'd rather see the Fins atop the AFCE rankings than the Pats. But I still hope we whip you by 30 this weekend.

Depends...timing is everything. The further you are from kickoff the worse you'll get gouged. Find a guy that doesn't look confident and catch him closer to game time and you can get a reasonable price.

You need to be able to read people though

Knowing me I will give them the Larry David suspicious stare down for 5 minutes before deciding upon the least honest guy.

http://gifsoup.com/view/239473/stare-down.html

Knowing me I will give them the Larry David suspicious stare down for 5 minutes before deciding upon the least honest guy.

http://gifsoup.com/view/239473/stare-down.html

That is so funny!! I love Larry David.

Bandit is right that scalpers are traditionally the best route in Buffalo. One other piece of advice is to buy from scalpers closer to the stadium. I worked in ticketing for a long time and the shady characters stay as far from the stadium as they can to avoid reprecussions. The people that you start seeing closer to the stadium (within a couple of blocks) are typically your best bet.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That is so funny!! I love Larry David.

Bandit is right that scalpels are traditionally the best route in Buffalo. One other piece of advice is to buy from scalpels closer to the stadium. I worked in ticketing for a long time and the shady characters stay as far from the stadium as they can to avoid reprecussions. The people that you start seeing closer to the stadium (within a couple of blocks) are typically your best bet.

thank you for that advice!

I would advise against wearing an opposing team's apparel. I once went to a Bills game at the Meadowlands during their SB years wearing a Bills shirt. Nothing happened thankfully, but I looked back and thought it was stupid of me.

I went in 2004. It was the year both teams finished 4-12. I wore my Bills gear proudly and received a little flack after the Giants scored a td. The Bills won big (24-7 or something like that) and I enjoyed celebrating throughout the day. Nobody bothered me in the least. I was the only guy in my section and I was celebrating with a guy in the next section over. Giants fans were harder on their team than either of us were.

The best option for getting tickets at a reasonable price requires a bit of patience. Wait until about 5 minutes after kickoff and go to a scalper...you can usually get them for $30 or so. Although you'll miss kickoff and be who-knows-where in the stadium.

The scalper I know has a waiting list for fans looking for tickets. Good Luck

I went in 2004. It was the year both teams finished 4-12. I wore my Bills gear proudly and received a little flack after the Giants scored a td. The Bills won big (24-7 or something like that) and I enjoyed celebrating throughout the day. Nobody bothered me in the least. I was the only guy in my section and I was celebrating with a guy in the next section over. Giants fans were harder on their team than either of us were.

Sorry, I just realized I didn't specify that the team was the Jets. Huge difference in fan bases.

Unfortunately, you take your chances at any game, if you're an opposing fan. While being respectful won't ensure you are left alone, being a jerk will surely get you unwanted attention.

I often go to games in Miami with my brother he has an old Norwood jersey it's funny he wears that and all of the ribbing is good natured, without the jersey it can be ugly.

Some interesting stats mentioned on WGR just now. Apparently the website seatgeek.com compiles stats on ticket prices shown on various ticket sales websites (the legit ones like stubhub, etc). Seatgeek is reporting that the cheapest tickets for the Bills opener are the highest-priced "cheap seats" for any NFL game this weekend.

That is almost unbelievable considering that the San Fran stadium is hosting it's first regular season game this weekend.

Good luck with that takeover thing.

Edited by BillnutinHouston