Dolphins fans planning mafia take over of the Ralph on Sunday

Martifal

Ha ha, this is cute. I've been to numerous games in Miami where there were 10k+ Bills fans. I am not even sure that there were 10K Dolphins fans!! There will be 3 dozen of them this weekend making their presence felt as intoxicated Canadians wale away on them.

They shouldn't try to travel because it's embarrassing for them. They just need to start filling their own stadium before they worry about bringing 36 folks on the road. Pathetic

I'll be there with my Fredex Jersey on for the TR night game. Should be fun. Funny as I'm driving down with a good friend who is a Fish fan. We actually just call him Fish at the gym as he always has a Dolphins hat on.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell fish to wear a regular shirt instead of fins gear. Ain't saying its right but i watched people throw beer bottles at guys wearing marino jerseys after a WIN.

Always gonna be a handful of people that can't handle their liquor.

I go the the Bills game in Miami often and there is always a ton of Bills fans there. Hopefully I can go this year.

Miami fans are my least favorite and there's a good reason for that. As a kid I would sit in my basement by the fire trying to get warm at 4:00pm as it was getting dark outside and I watched those fickle phans in their tee shirts and flip flops. I lived in FL for 18 years, and while I wish I could go back, I do NOT forgive the phans who really barely care about their team. The whole Oh for the seventies thing doesn't help, but it's much more than that.

Man you guys can be harsh. Going to the Bills game is the only chance I usually have to see the Dolphins. I just wish I didn't feel like I was going to get jumped every time I walk through the tailgate section.

There are plenty of good Fin fans out there too. I also get annoyed seeing our stadium half empty at games.

Edited by finfanfromrochester

Man you guys can be harsh. Going to the Bills game is the only chance I usually have to see the Dolphins. I just wish I didn't feel like I was going to get jumped every time I walk through the tailgate section.

There are plenty of good Fin fans out there too. I also get annoyed seeing our stadium half empty at games.

Unfortunately, you take your chances at any game, if you're an opposing fan. While being respectful won't ensure you are left alone, being a jerk will surely get you unwanted attention.

Unfortunately, you take your chances at any game, if you're an opposing fan. While being respectful won't ensure you are left alone, being a jerk will surely get you unwanted attention.

Yeah, I'm definitely never flashy or a jerk, but simply wearing a Dolphins jersey in the past has been more than enough to get stuff thrown at me, and even ganged up on before.

Buffalo can be especially tough (worst stadium in the league) for opposing fans. It's pretty embarrassing. I have been to lots of road games and good natured ribbing is fine but in Buffalo it can be nasty. If you are a respectful fan the masses will eventually turn on the A-hole, drunk Bills fan that is the instigator. They give us all a bad name.

In terms of the Dolphins fan base the reason that some of us are so dismissive is that we have seen them in action. It's ironic to talk about a "hostile takeover" when there are 25,000 empty seats in your home stadium. If you were Pittsburgh it would be one thing but the Dolphins fan base has such little respect around the league compared to other groups. I would be pretty dismissive too if I heard a bunch of Jags, Falcons, Panthers or Titans fans were planning a "hostile takeover." It's like the movie 300 if the 300 were just totally overwhelmed and destroyed.

You guys have an improved football team (the Bills and Jets do too) and it should be a good year. I think that we are finally at a point where the rest of the division is closing the gap with New England. Those other 3 should be pretty close.

Buffalo can be especially tough (worst stadium in the league) for opposing fans. It's pretty embarrassing. I have been to lots of road games and good natured ribbing is fine but in Buffalo it can be nasty. If you are a respectful fan the masses will eventually turn on the A-hole, drunk Bills fan that is the instigator. They give us all a bad name.

In terms of the Dolphins fan base the reason that some of us are so dismissive is that we have seen them in action. It's ironic to talk about a "hostile takeover" when there are 25,000 empty seats in your home stadium. If you were Pittsburgh it would be one thing but the Dolphins fan base has such little respect around the league compared to other groups. I would be pretty dismissive too if I heard a bunch of Jags, Falcons, Panthers or Titans fans were planning a "hostile takeover." It's like the movie 300 if the 300 were just totally overwhelmed and destroyed.

You guys have an improved football team (the Bills and Jets do too) and it should be a good year. I think that we are finally at a point where the rest of the division is closing the gap with New England. Those other 3 should be pretty close.

Haha yeah, I read the Takeover post on finheaven also. In reality it's just a couple dozen Fin fans getting together beforehand and then dispersing themselves randomly throughout the stadium.

But what I'm most excited for with this game is the relevancy factor. I can't recall the last time the Fins and Bills played and it was actually one of the week's more exciting matchups. Hope there's many more to come like this while the Pats and Jets watch in misery.

Haha yeah, I read the Takeover post on finheaven also. In reality it's just a couple dozen Fin fans getting together beforehand and then dispersing themselves randomly throughout the stadium.

But what I'm most excited for with this game is the relevancy factor. I can't recall the last time the Fins and Bills played and it was actually one of the week's more exciting matchups. Hope there's many more to come like this while the Pats and Jets watch in misery.

It's certainly a welcome change. When I was a kid these games were the best. Everyone looked forward to that rivalry and it feels like we are both heading in the right direction. I can't wait for Sunday!

Yeah, I'm definitely never flashy or a jerk, but simply wearing a Dolphins jersey in the past has been more than enough to get stuff thrown at me, and even ganged up on before.

Don't let that happen; on your way into the stadium, take note of the fan alert text number and use it if you have to.

Most of the time though, as Kirby said, if you're friendly and fun people won't be too bad.

I would advise against wearing an opposing team's apparel. I once went to a Bills game at the Meadowlands during their SB years wearing a Bills shirt. Nothing happened thankfully, but I looked back and thought it was stupid of me.

Sadly being respectful absolutely is not enough at the Ralph. Women, children, no one is safe which is very embarrassing and sad particularly when you hear of Bills fans experiences on the road when they go to road games. The best thing is not to paint a target on your head by wearing any phish gear.

If they are just getting started they are in for a surprise since the game is sold out. They probably assumed RWS would be half-empty like all Dolphin home games are.

I live here in South Fla and go to bills game every yr... I always sit around 50, 10-20 rows up and am usually surrounded by alot of Bills fans but i would assume lots of Bills fan like to sit on visitors sideline... But crowd is still very vocal when Bills make a play and Phins fan have VERY little passion. I try to go to 1 Bills home game a yr and when i do, if u cheer for opposing team, u get smacked talked and "bullied"!!

I can be as roudy and obnoxious as i want and Phins fan are still pretty tame. Only time they get on my nerves is when they play "fins up" which is lamest and most juvenile fans rant EVER!

Bills make me wanna SHOUT!!!

Sadly being respectful absolutely is not enough at the Ralph. Women, children, no one is safe which is very embarrassing and sad particularly when you hear of Bills fans experiences on the road when they go to road games. The best thing is not to paint a target on your head by wearing any phish gear.

Its a lottery. Maybe 2% of people there will cross the line and/or be physically aggressive. Its easy to placate people around you by being cool, poking fun at your own team, buying someone a beer... but at some point you have to roll the dice with the masses and get a burger, go to the bathroom, or leave the stadium. Its just not worth it in a 'rabid' stadium.

Somewhere with a rabid following going to a place like Arizona or Jax or Miami is fine because you have sheer numbers

Speaking of Fin fans attending the game this week.

If I did decide to make a last minute decision to attend this one, what would be my best option for getting some decent tickets? Craigslist? Scalpers?

The best option for getting tickets at a reasonable price requires a bit of patience. Wait until about 5 minutes after kickoff and go to a scalper...you can usually get them for $30 or so. Although you'll miss kickoff and be who-knows-where in the stadium.