Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Bills owners Kim, Terry Pegula thinking downtown stadium

In his weekly Monday Morning Quarterback column published on Monday, Peter King included the following blurb regarding the stadium rhetoric in NFL circles:

He’s buying the Bills for $1.4 billion, almost $500 million more than their appraised value, and word on the NFL street is he’d like to oversee construction of a new stadium in downtown Buffalo, near the hockey arena where his Sabres - he owns them too - play.

Your hopes are about to be dashed.

There's a little irony in that there are 30 other owners in that room plus Russ and Mark Murphy (Packers) (CEOs that have filled ownership roles). I would venture to say that Russ wouldn't leave that room tomorrow without a job offer or 10. He will be here for a while I think but certainly through the year.

So true. Russ gets a lot of hate on here but he's very good at what he does. He's not going anywhere quite yet.

I'm gonna laugh when El Pegual does the "Russ ain't goin' anywhere" number like he did with Lindy Ruff when he bought the Sabres.

Of course, it hinges on how we do the rest of the way this year, but Pegula has good reason to want to maintain some continuity as he learns the organization.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Im sorry.....why would we even get rid of Russ Brandon?

Because he's a MARKETER! A MARKETER!

Sure he's a marketer that's smart enough to surround himself with smart football people. A marketer that's been with the organization a long time, learned the business inside out, had success at his job, rose through the ranks, and made good. Some might actually think that's an old-school success story way of doing it.

But he's a MARKETER! A MARKETER!

GO BILLS!!!