O-line play

ny33

Did anyone watch the o-line closely? Glenn had some great blocks, particularly the pull to the left that gave Spiller room to run despite the latter's hesitation to move upfield on the play. I thought that Wood was weak, which didn't help Spiller; that's in addition to his poor snap to E.J. on a failed pass attempt midway through the game.

If anyone watched the guards closely, I'd love some input.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seantrel had a couple of inopportune holds today, but I guess that's to be expected of a rookie

Willie Young is a very underrated rusher IMO. very tough matchup for his first "real" NFL game

i thought our offensive line did not run block well but we had 193 yards rushing

i thought pass protection was fine

Overall they didn't run block that well, two big runs at the end of each half pushed the total up a bit plus EJs runs.

Obviously they need to be better and hope they improve now that they finally have 5 that will be playing together after the merry go round in the preseason.

I don't understand why this offense has so much trouble with screens

Edited by Max997

Cordy Glenn is elite.

I am still certain there will be a thread saying we should move him to guard for to RT. Christ! This guy is an elite LT and DW needs to lock him up pronto!

I am still certain there will be a thread saying we should move him to guard or to RT. Christ! This guy is an elite LT and DW needs to lock him up pronto!

i thought our offensive line did not run block well but we had 193 yards rushing

i thought pass protection was fine

Agreed. Despite the stats, it seemed there were too few holes.

Sometimes I wonder if Hackett is the bigger problem. Spiller's yard per carry has tanked since Hackett took over. I'm not sure Hackett knows how to draw up plays that create space for the backs without the offensive linemen winning every one-on-one battle.

I need to see better play from both Guards.

absolutely!

The thing is, i don't think that Bears D is anywhere near as good as it was under Lovie. The line gave EJ lots of time on lots of plays today. I still don't like the 3rd and one passing plays.

Some good play calling , and some of last years crappy play calling mixed in. Next the smelly fish...who just beat up the Patriots!

I am still certain there will be a thread saying we should move him to guard for to RT. Christ! This guy is an elite LT and DW needs to lock him up pronto!

He is in his 3rd season, which means he cannot be extended till next year.