Good article on EJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read. I have not given up on him at all, he has played 9.5 games. I think he is a great fit for this team and I love his approach.

With an awful LG that isn't in the league anymore, a feature back with a high ankle sprain all year, OC with no NFL experience, and two injuries including one that kept him out of training camp for a significant amount of time.

Its odd how many people have written this kid off because of a weak preseason.

Its odd how many people have written this kid off because of a weak preseason.

Incredibly odd. Of course, you also have all of the national draftniks just waiting to declare "BUST!" so they can say they were right a year ago.

I'm not writing this kid off yet. Let's judge him in the regular season not preseason or practices... He deserves that. As for Chicago this Sunday, EJ cannot have similar games as last years Pittsburgh and Tampa. I mean the guy has got to look competent and get the Bills into the end zone a couple times... I don't want to see that deer in headlights look and bouncing passes or throwing over guys heads on 3rd down. Let's see the new and improved EJ,

I'm rooting for you EJ. I think we all are. You have to realize that you're only going to be given so much time to show what you can do. People's jobs are on the line.

Be confident and just let it all hang out. Do be afraid to make mistakes. if you make more big plays than poor ones people will remember the big plays.

He must have pretty poor peripheral vision...he didn't even notice there was a ball under his left hand.manuel-workout-story.jpg

:D GO EJ!!! You the man!! Can't wait for Sunday.

Ah another guy who wants to be good, but just isn't. Its not like EJ, JP, RJ, Trent, Fitz wanted to be bad...they didn't. Problem is they just were

Don't you have some old lady to kick down the stairs somewhere?? Edited by BringBackFergy

Ah another guy who wants to be good, but just isn't. Its not like EJ, JP, RJ, Trent, Fitz wanted to be bad...they didn't. Problem is they just were

Can't believe I'm responding to you, but compare the college resumes and achievements of JP, RJ, Trent, and Fitz to that of EJ. They're not in the same stratosphere -- only RJ even comes close.

He can be a franchise QB with the right coaching. Losing Thad , Dixon and demoting Tuel after 1 year with this playbook and seeing EJ struggle this preseason. What the heck did this new QB coach do ?

With the OL settled down for now and 1st string WRs it should be a lot better here out. The good thing is no major injuries and a proven backup QB to give him advice.

Good read. I have not given up on him at all, he has played 9.5 games. I think he is a great fit for this team and I love his approach.

Yolo, I agree. EJ is still going through growing pains this season. There's going to be some ugly moments, yes, but there's going to be some great play from him also. That's just a natural fact. For me, I gotta just keep this in mind as the season goes along. Go Bills.

I'll bite.

I’d get excited if Mike Mayock wrote this. But a Chris Brown PR/puff-piece explaining all the ways EJ has gotten better? While the entire 2nd preseason body of work tells me differently?

I really don’t want EJ to fail. But I am in the camp of highly skeptical observers of EJ’s supposed “development” – he makes a lot of football 101 mistakes that should not be made. Like don't run out of bounds and etch an 8-yard loss in stone, especially near the red zone - chuck it at the feet of the nearest Bills receiver!!!

I know he played 10 NFL games, but he played plenty in a major college program and he still does not:

• do a good job of freezing safeties … he stares guys down & pulls the trigger as everyone breaks on his motion. Doesn’t often work in the big leagues.
  • fire the ball in there. Too many timid floaters. No confidence.
  • have a good pocket presence. Don’t abort the mission as soon as you feel someone’s paw grabbing at you. To sack a Roethlisberger, you’d better get ready to wrestle that bear down to the ground, and he still might fling it on the way to the ground. Big Ben is in a class by himself in this way, but EJ wilts.
  • get rid of it quickly, and make the defense pay for the heat they bring. He’s still calculating, and there are two guys swallowing him up for an overload pressure sack.

I guess if Chris Brown doesn’t put this piece out now, he may never get a chance to. But I’ll pass on this Kool-Aid … and do a double shot of Jack when Orton takes the controls, please.

It has been 14 years now. How about “win now” mode for a change.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp