Police issued 33 citations for open containers

of alcohol in public areas (sidewalks, right of way, roads) during the preseason Bucs vs Bills game. I just don't understand why people have to have a beer in hand when they walk to the game. The Bills have recently added 55 ($9.00) beer only lines to take care of your drinking needs!

Edited by Hammered a Lot

of alcohol in public areas (sidewalks, right of way, roads) during the preseason Bucs vs Bills game. I just don't understand why people have to have a beer in hand when they walk to the game. The Bills have recently added 55 ($9.00) beer only lines to take care of your drinking needs!

Well we all know the reason. People think that everything around RWS is "Tailgate-land," the drinking amusement park.

Funny, at the Dolphins game last year we all walked to the stadium with beers in hand. Walked by several police officers too, and no one ever said anything to us. Have to be more careful this year I guess.

Same here but add to that every home game since the policy went into effect.

I said it last year and I will say it again; If you're some random person walking across the street from one lot to another with a beer in your hand, you're probably not amongst those who will get cited.

They are most likely looking for people who are out-of-their-minds drunk or those causing a disturbance.

Think you answered your own question..... 55 places to get a warm crappy beer for the price I'd pay for a sixer of something actually worth $9 is why. Sad you go to a Pats game and can get a Sam Adams for less than a Coors Light at RWS. Or that you can grab a killer bloody mary a block from the Super Dome and walk to the game.... for less than the price inside the stadium. Not agreeing with people walking with a beer shouldn't make you not understand why they do it.

I said it last year and I will say it again; If you're some random person walking across the street from one lot to another with a beer in your hand, you're probably not amongst those who will get cited.

They are most likely looking for people who are out-of-their-minds drunk or those causing a disturbance.

Last year I saw a guy walk around a van took one step in to the public area, "KABOYA" , he got a ticket. He was not drunk or causing problems.

Well we all know the reason. People think that everything around RWS is "Tailgate-land," the drinking amusement park.

It's amazing the little things I get to take for granted. Drinking in public isn't special here, and I think that's a good thing.

You answered your own question ... $9.00 beers in the stadium.

I got stopped by 2 cops in a stadium lot just before going into the game, for having a bottle of beer. No glass on stadium lots now. They were more than cool about it. Told me to finish it up and toss it in the bin (30 feet away), but just remember for next time.

Last year I saw a guy walk around a van took one step in to the public area, "KABOYA" , he got a ticket. He was not drunk or causing problems.

Well, I am thinking anyone parking in your lot is just an idiot, as do the cops.....hence the ticket.

Seriously, what is the actual rule? We park in ECC , cross Abbott to the stadium. I always have two beers on my way to the stadium( I like to stop and talk to drunks).Last year right in front of gates I had a question for a cop, talked to him for 5 minutes all the while finishing my Genny...not a peep.

Edited by plenzmd1

Because the "beer" inside SUCKS. The two beers that were palatable were removed (Guinness & Smithwicks) - at least in pre-season. Ralph Wilson Jr. Stadium has to be the only professional stadium in the USA that doesn't have at least a few craft beer selections. It's a joke, actually.