Bills Eric Wood goes off on Espn about Rams Michael Sams

17 Josh Allen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there's something else going on. No other team wants a marginally talented player for the price of having a horde of media idiots constantly harassing their team.

Marginally talented? The guy was the co-defensive MVP of the freakin' SEC. And Herm Edwards rap on him, that he was strictly a 4-3 edge rusher is itself bizarre as one of the most sought after positions is an effective edge rusher. He may be limited but he's not marginally talented. Two different things.

ESPN like most media outlets don't report news anymore. They drive an agenda.

And pray tell, what agenda is ESPN driving? My opinion is that their agenda is to make money, they think people are interested in the Michael Sam story and guess what, here we are on page 3 of this thread.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Around here if a thread mentions a name all posts have to be funneled into that thread.

That's too bad.

Didn't Sam have 2-3 sacks this preseason (admittedly against scrubs, but he can't control who he plays against) in limited time? Wouldn't you think that would normally mean the guy would either make the team or at least PS somewhere in the League?

Personally, I think Eric is right, which is too bad for Sam who, despite what his haters (and yes, that is what at least some of his critics are) say, apparently did everything right during camp wrt the media (ie, no separate interviews, for ex.). He can't control what the media does, unfortunately.

How did Cohen look in preseason?

That's too bad.

How did Cohen look in preseason?

Great--which is why folks were also puzzled by his release. One difference between Sam and Cohen, however, is that Cohen's bounced around the League for 6 or 7 years. You kind of know what you might have with him (ie, much less likely to be a true diamond in the rough). Sam, in contrast, was an SEC co-defensive player of the year (those don't grow on trees or get handed out easily) who also looked good in limited preseason game action. Wouldn't you think there'd be a fairly large market for THAT player? I would....

Great--which is why folks were also puzzled by his release. One difference between Sam and Cohen, however, is that Cohen's bounced around the League for 6 or 7 years. You kind of know what you might have with him (ie, much less likely to be a true diamond in the rough). Sam, in contrast, was an SEC co-defensive player of the year (those don't grow on trees or get handed out easily) who also looked good in limited preseason game action. Wouldn't you think there'd be a fairly large market for THAT player? I would....

Great against whom? Many other former players. I don't like how ESPN has covered this, but, they don't (IMO) get the blame for his release. Matter of fact, there's really no blame here. Hope he's able to catch on somewhere.

Great against whom? Many other former players. I don't like how ESPN has covered this, but, they don't (IMO) get the blame for his release. Matter of fact, there's really no blame here. Hope he's able to catch on somewhere.

Sam shares some of the blame for the amount of attention the media and ESPN dedicate to him. He had, in May, signed up for a reality t.v. show. If he wanted to make a team at all costs and downplay his "celebrity," he wouldn't have considered such a venture.

I am surprised that he isn't on a practice squad from a football perspective and agree with the post suggesting a C.F.L. career as the next step for Sam. Without the distractions, he should be a practice squad player at the least.

Edited by ny33

The media has made out to be a circus show, can you imagine.

ESPN reports 1st openly gay player to play in a regular season game,

ESPN reports 1st openly gay player to have a tackle,

ESPN reports 1st openly gay player to recover a fumble,

ESPN reports 1st openly gay player to get a sack,

ESPN reports 1st openly gay player to score a defensive TD,

ESPN reports 1st openly gay player to get an interception,

I mean how much can a team put up with that crap, really.

If Sam was straight, he would be Aaron Maybin. But since he is gay, he has some homoerotic super power that makes him Bruce Smith or Reggie White in the eyes of the media. He played against 2s and 3s. Should the Pats cut Brady? I saw Garappolo tearing it up against the 2s. Maybe he should "come out of the closet" if he wants to start.

Is there any reason why this guy is not on OUR practice squad?

Talent is talent

i don't disagree but are you willing to create a distraction for the 51 st guy in the roster? ThIs isn't TO

If Sam was straight, he would be Aaron Maybin. But since he is gay, he has some homoerotic super power that makes him Bruce Smith or Reggie White in the eyes of the media. He played against 2s and 3s. Should the Pats cut Brady? I saw Garappolo tearing it up against the 2s. Maybe he should "come out of the closet" if he wants to start.

This is close to the most ignorant thing I've ever read on this board

Your comparison to Maybin may be apt, but I do not remember any preseason where Maybin had 3 sacks. This fact alone would seem to me enough for somebody to put him on a practice squad.