Predictions for Best, Worst and Most Likely Outcome for Bills

IronyAbounds

Once Orton starts carving up defenses, we will be 10-6 with a wildcard birth. GO BILLS! :beer:

What's interesting is the following:

Does EJ progress and was just trying too hard in pre-season, and starts to play loose?

Does EJ play terribly in chicago, and Marrone realizes he'll lose his job if he doesn't make a change so Orton comes in against the Dolphins, plays well and the Orton era starts?

Line 2 happens, but Orton plays as bad as EJ as he has no chemistry with his WR and now Marrone doesn't know what to do.

Bottom line is it's almost impossible to predict given how the team has performed. I'm not a negative nancy, but this line and EJ have played so bad, it's hard to be optimistic with this team.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....It's really very simple; people who are ornery and negative make a choice to be that way.

I think that this view is not correct. I am not a psychologist, but I'm sure there is a lot of nurture(upbringing, experiences, education) and nature(genetics) that would effect how people react to things. With some people it might be a bit like saying that they chose to be unhappy(if they suffer from depression).

Even a bad headache can get me being quite ornery and negative.....and trust me, it isn't a choice.

Perhaps if you run under the assumption that it generally isn't a choice by other people......you might be a little less irritated when you encounter it.

Best - 8-8

Worst - 3-13

Most likely - 5-11

A subpar, immature offensive coordinator + a young QB who is not taking any steps forward = another long Bills season and the end of the Marrone era.

Regrettably, this is probably about right.

In the NFL, without a strong OC and a strong QB you won't win but 1 out of 3 against a league that has plenty of both.

Pegs would have cleaned house anyway, this will just accelerate it. Likely starting all over again next year, but with committed long term ownership hiring quality FO and coaching staff willing to join a long term committed owner. We shall see.

That's an odd statement. It's really very simple; people who are ornery and negative make a choice to be that way.

Unfortunately, the facts of the matter continue to support the ornery negative people who have followed the Bills for years. Seminars and bonding classes don't quite erase those pesky facts.

I think that this view is not correct. I am not a psychologist, but I'm sure there is a lot of nurture(upbringing, experiences, education) and nature(genetics) that would effect how people react to things. With some people it might be a bit like saying that they chose to be unhappy(if they suffer from depression).

Even a bad headache can get me being quite ornery and negative.....and trust me, it isn't a choice.

Perhaps if you run under the assumption that it generally isn't a choice by other people......you might be a little less irritated when you encounter it.

I'm not going to debate this with you here -- not the appropriate forum -- but I wholeheartedly disagree.

8-8

0-16 (I can see this happening).

4-12

After two years of the offense getting off to slow starts in almost every game, this preseason did nothing to make me feel better.

This offseason will mark some changes in the staff as well with the new owner. Even if my best case scenario comes to fruition I don't see Hackett surviving. Only way I see Marrone surviving is if he willingly fires Hackett. Most likely though Jim Schwartz will be our next head coach. Those are my predictions.

it is 100% a choice, you are just weak and rationalizing it

classic victim "i cant help it" mindset

I, too, was reactionary and I apologize. This was your 1st post but it echoed the view of so many derogatory posts against members that are truly concerned about the QB and how poor play from that position will derail yet another season where we otherwise have finally amassed enough talent to contend. Around here, it seems, you either have blind faith EJ will succeed or you 'want him to fail'.

Again, I apologize. Welcome to the Board!

Thank you sir! I gladly accept your olive branch and appreciate your comments!

May it be an entertaining season!

Before the preseason games I was thinking 9-7 was an achievable goal, and now after watching how poorly the offense has preformed I'm not so sure.

Now I'm thinking 7-9 tops, 4-12 bottom, and 6-10 again a real possibility.

No worries tho, as new ownership takes over if their is another losing season I suspect regime changes to be made.

Right, and people putting money up represent a much more objective and better researched audience than the biased perceptions of a die hard fan base.

Best 16-0. Super Bowl victory

Worst 0-16, heroes to the Cleveland Browns

Most Likely, 8-8 you win some, you lose some.

^This. Enjoy the season folks

How can you not be ornery if you've been around that long?

Sometimes that's all an old person has...is to be a sumbitch.

All the same, after 14 years of constant losing I can understand the frustration of it all. The Bills didn't beat the Miami Dolphins the entire decade of the 70's, and here I thought that was a tough road.

27 losing seasons, and only the Lions 31, and Cardinals 32 have more.