The Bills are not your problem.

If you paid money to attend a preseason game, and before it even starts, while the high school drum corps is playing on the field, you say you "can't wait to see EJ throw his first pick"?

If you can't be bothered to stand up and cheer, when your team, the Buffalo Bills, take their home field for the first time this season?

If you start calling out pass patterns you "know" they are going to run, EJ throws a pick, and you declare yourself "right", and self-congratulate....before realizing that Chandler fell down on a timing pattern, that the ball was thrown exactly where it should have been, and the pattern you "called" isn't even close to being right? (ahem, yes, I'm talking to you, Mr. Y-stick :lol:)

If you are so gullible/affected that I can show you a box score from 4 years ago :lol:, that shows the Bills throwing for 10 first downs :lol: in the 1st Qtr, and believe me? (my expert trolling ability aside)

You have a WGR-->nonsense analytics affectation disorder, and, the Bills are not your problem. You believed me because: "data". :lol: My "experiment" shows 1 obvious result: You have become a Pavlovian tool that will believe anything on the internet, especially if it has "analytics" or "data" on the page.

But, I don't blame you. There is entirely too much amateur analytics going on in sports today. They know not what they do. They are exactly like children messing about with loaded weapons. Those of us who have been doing this job for years? We do this job for real, but we do it every day. Refuting these amatuerish "analytics conclusions" is a full time job. I have posted when I've had time, and when the "conclusion" (such as "road wins against playoff teams") was egregious. But I can't chase down the entire internet's amatuer "master statisticians".

The Bills are not their problem, or your problem.

If 5 minutes before half time, you say "you can't wait to hear the rain of boos coming down from the stadium"?

Why in the Sam hell would you buy season tickets to something you hate so much? Not only are the Bills not your problem, you're an unmitigated moron. I hear the PGA is looking for fans. Perhaps it's time to admit that your too old for this stuff? When all I can distill from your moronic utterances is the equivalent of "Get off my lawn"?

It's time to hang it up. Don't worry, as a fan base, we'll be just fine without your "I knew football in 1985", sorry ass.

In closing: things are changing. I know change is difficult. I should know, as I have been bringing change to organizations for quite a few years. Thus, I know that a choice confronts you:delude yourself into believing that this is the team you've seen for the last 10 years, or, embrace the change that is obvious to any objective observer. Only you can make that choice.

All I can do? Tell you something I hope is insightful: I made a bet with another Bills fan in my family. I would do 10 pushups for every 3 WR/bubble/pick(3 WR close to each other on one side of the field) formations the Bills ran in the preaseason(and I was right: the one time the did it, they ran the ball the other way out of it!). He has to do 1 pushup for every time they do it in the regular season.

I've done my ten pushups, because they did it 1(one) time, last game. I WILL collect on his 100+ pushups this year. :lol:

And, if you don't understand that bet?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

All I can do? Tell you something I hope is insightful: I made a bet with another Bills fan in my family. I would do 10 pushups for every 3 WR/bubble/pick(3 WR close to each other on one side of the field) formations the Bills ran in the preaseason(and I was right: the one time the did it, they ran the ball the other way out of it!). He has to do 1 pushup for every time they do it in the regular season.

I've done my ten pushups, because they did it 1(one) time, last game. I WILL collect on his 100+ pushups this year. :lol:

fa9.jpg

If you paid money to attend a preseason game, and before it even starts, while the high school drum corps is playing on the field, you say you "can't wait to see EJ throw his first pick"?

If you can't be bothered to stand up and cheer, when your team, the Buffalo Bills, take their home field for the first time this season?

If you start calling out pass patterns you "know" they are going to run, EJ throws a pick, and you declare yourself "right", and self-congratulate....before realizing that Chandler fell down on a timing pattern, that the ball was thrown exactly where it should have been, and the pattern you "called" isn't even close to being right? (ahem, yes, I'm talking to you, Mr. Y-stick :lol:)

If you are so gullible/affected that I can show you a box score from 4 years ago :lol:, that shows the Bills throwing for 10 first downs :lol: in the 1st Qtr, and believe me? (my expert trolling ability aside)

You have a WGR-->nonsense analytics affectation disorder, and, the Bills are not your problem. You believed me because: "data". :lol: My "experiment" shows 1 obvious result: You have become a Pavlovian tool that will believe anything on the internet, especially if it has "analytics" or "data" on the page.

But, I don't blame you. There is entirely too much amateur analytics going on in sports today. They know not what they do. They are exactly like children messing about with loaded weapons. Those of us who have been doing this job for years? We do this job for real, but we do it every day. Refuting these amatuerish "analytics conclusions" is a full time job. I have posted when I've had time, and when the "conclusion" (such as "road wins against playoff teams") was egregious. But I can't chase down the entire internet's amatuer "master statisticians".

If 5 minutes before half time, you say "you can't wait to hear the rain of boos coming down from the stadium"?

Why in the Sam hell would you buy season tickets to something you hate so much? Not only are the Bills not your problem, you're an unmitigated moron. I hear the PGA is looking for fans. Perhaps it's time to admit that your too old for this stuff? When all I can distill from your moronic utterances is the equivalent of "Get off my lawn"?

It's time to hang it up. Don't worry, as a fan base, we'll be just fine without your "I knew football in 1985", sorry ass.

In closing: things are changing. I know change is difficult. I should know, as I have been bringing change to organizations for quite a few years. Thus, I know that a choice confronts you:delude yourself into believing that this is the team you've seen for the last 10 years, or, embrace the change that is obvious to any objective observer. Only you can make that choice.

+1, and well said, I have no inside info, I just don't think you can judge offenses or defenses in preseason, the individual players, if you know the play call yes

Somehow the majorities narrative changed to EJ sucks without the season starting. Hopefully crow will be served.

EJ is going to suck some and he's going to have some success. It's what young QBs do. That won't be good enough for the masses though.

The funny thing is that many complain about not having a 1st round pick next year to get another QB. As if they were going to give THAT new QB a chance to grow into the position. The only thing that would have made these fans happy is getting Peyton or Brees type veteran.

let me add

If you are expecting the Bills to be 5-0 in preseason with a QB with a rating of 100+ and enjoying the full complement of the offense's playbook plays....

...the bills are not your problem

No matter what it's termed, or how it's termed, 14 consecutive years of losing without a single playoff appearance is not pretty no matter what color bow choice is placed on the packaging. Until this culture of losing is addressed, The Bills are a problem, especially when devoted fans pour out their hard earned money to support them faithfully on any given Sunday afternoon/evening...it's way pass time for some soul-searching and giving the fans what they deserve, play every down like it's their last, and stop accepting losing as a way of life. Mere words, catchy phrases like "Lead the Charge" or "This is our time", don't win ball games; a thick playbook doesn't win ball games; and, certainly being so predictable as the Bills are and have been don't lead to anything else but another 3 & Out series...sadly, over-coaching doesn't win ball games either...let these men play with the natural gifts and talents they possess, and stop over-coaching them to the point of robotic movements instead of trusting their natural instincts out there on the playing surface. When the opposing team's DC knows what your OC is going to call for his next play, the outcome has less to do with the athleticism of the Bill's players than w/over-coaching to the point of being roboticly predictable.

No matter what it's termed, or how it's termed, 14 consecutive years of losing without a single playoff appearance is not pretty no matter what color bow choice is placed on the packaging. Until this culture of losing is addressed, The Bills are a problem, especially when devoted fans pour out their hard earned money to support them faithfully on any given Sunday afternoon/evening...it's way pass time for some soul-searching and giving the fans what they deserve, play every down like it's their last, and stop accepting losing as a way of life. Mere words, catchy phrases like "Lead the Charge" or "This is our time", don't win ball games; a thick playbook doesn't win ball games; and, certainly being so predictable as the Bills are and have been don't lead to anything else but another 3 & Out series...sadly, over-coaching doesn't win ball games either...let these men play with the natural gifts and talents they possess, and stop over-coaching them to the point of robotic movements instead of trusting their natural instincts out there on the playing surface. When the opposing team's DC knows what your OC is going to call for his next play, the outcome has less to do with the athleticism of the Bill's players than w/over-coaching to the point of being roboticly predictable.

Kinda making the OP's point...

EJ is going to suck some and he's going to have some success. It's what young QBs do. That won't be good enough for the masses though.

The funny thing is that many complain about not having a 1st round pick next year to get another QB. As if they were going to give THAT new QB a chance to grow into the position. The only thing that would have made these fans happy is getting Peyton or Brees type veteran.

+1

I know that EJ has not looked good in the preseason - nor has the entire offense. But I do believe that he needs some time - at least this year to see whether he can be a good NFL starter. I still believe it is ridiculous to declare after so few games that he is a bust. Those saying it can't wait for the next new QB - and shortly after the next guy gets here, they'll start running him out of town, too.

Good post.

If you sent an email talking **** about the Bills to the aholes who write "why your team sucks". You are an ahole too The Bills are not your problem (even if I did think it was kind of funny) :bag: . Cheers OCinBflo good post.

Edited by bowery4

That's a very 2005 take on a 2014 problem.

And to the OP.........if you think you know what the Bills are thinking because you have a strong feeling about what they should do........the Bills are not your problem. :lol:

Somehow the majorities narrative changed to EJ sucks without the season starting. Hopefully crow will be served.

So true.

IMO, with the 24/7 barrage of Buffalo Bills coverage here over a prolonged 5 game preseason which included hundreds of linked stories and twitter feeds and commentary...it actually feels like the Bills have already played half of the real 2014 season. It has been kind of mentally draining in a way, seeing drip by drip, the hope turn to despair over these last 6 weeks.

I truly don't think our brains were built for the kind of micro over-analysis this training camp and these preseason games have provided. I will be very happy, but also be laughing my ass off if the Bills roll over the Bears. I don't blame the pessimism, just observing the extreme downward mood change without a real game being played.

Edited by 1billsfan

The funny thing is that many complain about not having a 1st round pick next year to get another QB. As if they were going to give THAT new QB a chance to grow into the position.

Great irony I hadn't considered. Pissed about dealing away the first round pick we should use next year on a QB which won't be given more than a few games to reach all pro status before too being declared a failure of "the eyeball test".

Outstanding connection. We should call this the naysayers paradox or something.

So true.

IMO, with the 24/7 barrage of Buffalo Bills coverage here over a prolonged 5 game preseason which included hundreds of linked stories and twitter feeds and commentary...it actually feels like the Bills have already played half of the real 2014 season. It has been king of mentally draining in a way, seeing drip by drip, the hope turn to despair over these last 6 weeks.

I truly don't think our brains were built for the kind of micro over-analysis this training camp and these preseason games have provided. I will be very happy, but also be laughing my ass off if the Bills roll over the Bears. I don't blame the pessimism, just observing the extreme downward mood change without a real game being played.

I think the inability to throw passes at a professional level in what amounts to a lot of playing time in preseason games has been what has people discouraged.

We are always told not to put any stock into preseason but EJ is not throwing balls 3-4 feet off the mark routinely to disguise what they are actually going to do in the regular season.

Now let's hope they come out with a creative gameplan and turn a terrible preseason into a blowout victory like Gailey did in that opener in Arrowhead against the Chiefs.

These first few games are more than likely their BEST shots at being successful without improving on what they've been able to do in the passing game in the preseason.

When you have significant flaws......more tape is bad.

Not just young QBs. EJ has been highly erratic going back to FSU. It's who he is. Perhaps when you don't see meaningful improvement by year's end you'll start to get it.

Edited by Stopthepain

Not just young QBs. EJ has been highly erratic going back to FSU. It's who he is. Perhaps when you don't see meaningful improvement by year's end you'll start to get it.

That's like saying that CJ Spiller isn't going to rush for 2,000 yards because he hasn't proven he could even rush for 1300 in any of the previous 8 years, counting Clemson.

Very likely true......but some people don't want to hear it. Every year is a fresh start to them.

I like EJ to hang around the NFL for a long time and eventually become a good player.....whether as a Phil Simms type who can win opposite great talent or as a backup in the Todd Collins mold.

That's not what the Bills have sold EJ as. Apologists keep talking about how he was viewed as a project and the GM and HC are expecting him to save their jobs with a good season so obviously they don't see it the same way as those apologists.