Bills' Cuts to the 53 Man Roster Limit

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more important issues but why does Moorman stay?

It's pretty important when you take field position into account. Moorman's propensity to get off poor punts is going to cost the Bills if they decide to keep him. It's time to move on from him.

It's pretty important when you take field position into account. Moorman's propensity to get off poor punts is going to cost the Bills if they decide to keep him. It's time to move on from him.

The issue here may be the availability of good punters. Gay is not the solution, but Moorman is long past being the answer as well. I scanned other rosters for possible cuts and the best I could come up with is 40 year old Sav Rocca....not a pretty list. Maybe there's a rookie or camp fodder with promise I missed?

Every time we try we get someone worse.

Speaking of Moorman, and I'm asking a serious question. Was Powell truly that bad, or was there something else behind him being cut?

He shanked a lot of punts. Booming leg, but directionally he was poor. That's what I remember.

He was bad. Like really bad

He shanked a lot of punts. Booming leg, but directionally he was poor. That's what I remember.

That would make sense. I'm just tired of watching a bad punt and then Moorman ripping off his chinstrap in disgust

Moorman must be trying to overcomensate for lost power. I suspect if he dialed it back 10% the shanks would go away. A 28 yard punt is an absolute killer. That takes away from three 50 yard bombs.

Another screw up by Whaley/Marrone. They brought in no one to truly compete with him or the back-up QB's.

If this was anyone but Rodhack I might give OT weight. But if you read his observations on players and his talent evals youll see his basis for the picks is horribly off. This isn't a hard roster to trim. Its like a .99¢ filet.

I disagree, worst day is when the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention.

I just call that day September.

Every time we try we get someone worse.

Aye....there lies the rub......

As last year proved, Moorman is much tougher to replace than you would logically expect. There really aren't that many talented punters out there. We were spoiled for years with his above average punting skills. He should have been retired last year. But he hangs on because we simply can't find a better replacement. As long as we don't have a lot of 3 and outs, hopefully this won't be too big of an issue.

Something is definitely strange about the Moorman loyalty. After a disastrous couple of punts in the first half last night, both he and Gay were punting prior to the start of the 3rd quarter. Gay's punts landed easily ten yards further, with substantially more hang time than Moorman's, and Gay looked like he was casually chipping before a round of 18, while Moorman appeared to be putting every ounce of leg strength into each kick. It was like watching Fitzpatrick throw a deep out.

I don't get why Marrone said, post-game, that Gay wasn't ready to handle the punting duties yet. What is there to handle, really? If he can kickoff and punt, that frees Moorman's spot up for a reserve lineman or a 7th receiver. The whole thing strikes me as very queer.