Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree.. all the intrigue could have been avoided.. that being said, who cares now.. if it all works out in the end.. all the sale scenerios have been gone over i e: selling to a local buyer before he died.. that would have made it easier if in the end, the price was close, based on the way this has been conducted, he may have gotten more!

As I said in an earlier post ... certain people with connections said all along there was a plan, the fans and media just wrote them off.

Is there anybody on this board that still believes that the Bills will (or even may) end up in Toronto?

NFN Kirby, but you could shout from rooftops in every corner of the city, and there still will be doubt. We can't help it, as we are Bills fans and we have seen victory snatched from the jaws of defeat even in a SB when we are the heavy favorites. Then their started QB was sidelined due to an injury, and their backup QB was to start. An easy victory right....

I acknowledge that you have become the new NGU, and could be the original one for all we know. :worthy:

The reason for all this paranoia is simple, as its why didn't the owner lock a non relocation agreement with the sale of the team instead of the stadium. I know I'll carry this concern that a Larry Page type will swoop in and offer 1.5B and move the team wherever he wants in a few years. So, until the deal is done, and TP is the owner...I'll worry.

And after we'll most likely find something new to worry about. perhaps the stadium but more likely something from left field.

Probably something similar to Jerry world. You can tailgate, but all the food and booze must be provided from the stadium.

NFN Kirby, but you could shout from rooftops in every corner of the city, and there still will be doubt. We can't help it, as we are Bills fans and we have seen victory snatched from the jaws of defeat even in a SB when we are the heavy favorites. Then their started QB was sidelined due to an injury, and their backup QB was to start. An easy victory right....

I acknowledge that you have become the new NGU, and could be the original one for all we know. :worthy:

The reason for all this paranoia is simple, as its why didn't the owner lock a non relocation agreement with the sale of the team instead of the stadium. I know I'll carry this concern that a Larry Page type will swoop in and offer 1.5B and move the team wherever he wants in a few years. So, until the deal is done, and TP is the owner...I'll worry.

You certainly can make that choice. And, trust me, as a Bills fan I understand. But seriously, why worry? In general, why worry? Worry accomplishes nothing---except for perhaps exacerbating a heart attach or nervous breakdown. Now, for things you can control, that's a different story. Pay attention to detail, anticipate, learn from mistakes, etc. But none of us have a lick of influence one way or another in this deal. So, my suggestion is, as ridiculous as it may sound, is don't worry.

"Worry is interest paid on a debt, not yet incurred."--William Ralph Inge

OK, I'm a little stoned.

You certainly can make that choice. And, trust me, as a Bills fan I understand. But seriously, why worry? In general, why worry? Worry accomplishes nothing---except for perhaps exacerbating a heart attach or nervous breakdown. Now, for things you can control, that's a different story. Pay attention to detail, anticipate, learn from mistakes, etc. But none of us have a lick of influence one way or another in this deal. So, my suggestion is, as ridiculous as it may sound, is don't worry.

"Worry is interest paid on a debt, not yet incurred."--William Ralph Inge

OK, I'm a little stoned.

I like that quote very much, nice one.

Pegula's liquid worth is roughly 3 to 4 billion.

That's cash on hand.

His over all worth is far greater. He has sole or partner contracts in 3 of the 5 largest NG fields in NA. Those mineral rights, from what I understand, are worth in excess of 4 billion as of the beginning of this year. These are of course, rounded numbers, since no one that has signed a contract with Pegula or a partnership he is in can speak on the arrangements, as many of those areas have not yet been touched by production facilities.

He's considered one of the top 10 in NG in NA. His holdings are both back here in the east as well as out out west, specifically the Niabrafa shale field. But his largest holdings that are worth the most do to market viability are right here in NY state.

To suggest that he will liquidate those arrangements to buy a football team, I don't see it happening. This last sale he did with the small partnership group is the largest you will most likely see from him via the mineral rights sales.

No one in the right mind is going to give up those mineral rights in those larger gas fields, they are worth quite a bit in the long term.

Edited by HopefulFuture

Pegula's liquid worth is roughly 3 to 4 billion.

That's cash on hand.

His over all worth is far greater. He has sole or partner contracts in 3 of the 5 largest NG fields in NA. Those mineral rights, from what I understand, are worth in excess of 4 billion as of the beginning of this year. These are of course, rounded numbers, since no one that has signed a contract with Pegula or a partnership he is in can speak on the arrangements, as many of those areas have not yet been touched by production facilities.

He's considered one of the top 10 in NG in NA. His holdings are both back here in the east as well as out out west, specifically the Niabrafa shale field. But his largest holdings that are worth the most do to market viability are right here in NY state.

To suggest that he will liquidate those arrangements to buy a football team, I don't see it happening. This last sale he did with the small partnership group is the largest you will most likely see from him via the mineral rights sales.

No one in the right mind is going to give up those mineral rights in those larger gas fields, they are worth quite a bit in the long term.

With $3-4B in cash on hand, he won't need to liquidate anything.

Maybe Pegula knows something about that market that we don't. Here is a report from Forbes that paints a less than optimistic picture of the future of shale gas:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billpowers/2014/09/03/the-popping-of-the-shale-gas-bubble/

It very well may be that Pegula is being quite astute cashing out $1.75 Billion that now needs to be spent to avoid Capital Gains taxes.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Even if it's not explicitly in the trust, you can surmise that with Mary Wilson, Mary Owen, Jeff Littman, & Eugene Driker as the trustees, they will follow RW's wishes to sell to a buyer who will keep the team in WNY. If that were not the case, you can rest assured the sale process would be handled much, much differently.

They almost certainly would not, since that could expose the trustees to liability in a suit brought by the beneficiaries of the trust for breaches of their respective fiduciary duties.

That being said, it seems more likely than not from all we know that the governing documents of the trust contain some conditions related to keeping the team in Buffalo.