Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

Anyone know anything about Pegula's oldest children and their mother? What is the long term family history?

Google is your friend: "Pegula lives in Boca Raton, Florida along with his wife, Kim Pegula, a graduate of Houghton College. They have five children: Michael, Laura, Jessica (Jessie), Kelly and Matthew."

Pegula has said that the teams he owns will stay in his family and get passed down to his children. If he buys the Bills then they will be in Buffalo forever

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google is your friend: "Pegula lives in Boca Raton, Florida along with his wife, Kim Pegula, a graduate of Houghton College. They have five children: Michael, Laura, Jessica (Jessie), Kelly and Matthew."

Pegula has said that the teams he owns will stay in his family and get passed down to his children. If he buys the Bills then they will be in Buffalo forever

*sniff*

*wipes tear from eye*

I love you Pegula!!!!

CBF

Well, at least for our lifetimes, which is all we should care about. Cool.

Kim is in her 40's and a huge sports fan, she has donated to Houghton College athletic department. They are just a big sports family, daughter a professional tennis player. Some think Kim may run the show for the Bills.

This is Kim Pegula's father, who still lives in WNY.

Dr. Ralph P. Kerr retired in 2004 after 26 years in public education in New York State. Beginning as a classroom teacher in Fairport, NY, Ralph spent the last 18 years of his career as a Superintendent of Schools in three school districts in the Southern Tier of Western New York.

Since 1997 Dr. Kerr has also been an Adjunct Faculty Member at both SUNY Cortland and SUNY Brockport teaching various graduate level courses in Educational Administration. Dr. Kerr serves regularly as a guest lecturer at Houghton College and SUNY Fredonia.

Ralph earned his Doctorate in Educational Administration from Syracuse University in 1986. Kerr also holds a B.S. and M.S. in Education from SUNY Brockport.

Dr. Kerr has been married for over 43 years, to the same woman, Marilyn, they have three married children and nine grandchildren.

As a direct result of this lifelong commitment to public education, in retirement Ralph has formed TLI Inc. also know as the “Teaching and Learning Institute” and serves as President.

http://www.teachingandlearninginstitute.org/rkerr.htm

That Benigni guy knows zilch. He placed sources on both sides of Golisano's bid and then just said "conflicting reports." Awful journalist.

Well, unless he has specific information, or knows one source is full of crap, what is he to say? There may, indeed, but conflicting reports. What am I missing here?

That Benigni guy knows zilch. He placed sources on both sides of Golisano's bid and then just said "conflicting reports." Awful journalist.

It's not that he knows zilch, but rather than he has a modicum of skin in the game. His former boss, Ed Kilgore, now works for Pegula at HarborCenter, and is probably his source for a lot of the sale information he's getting.

Benigni is actually pretty good.

Unless you have kids. Who may also have kids someday.

As painful as it has been to be a Bills fan, I think it's cool to pass on the legacy of Bills football to the next generation.

I almost feel bad for my little ones; they are only 18 months and already have fallen hard for the Bills. They can say "Go Bills", "touchdown", "football", and they LOVE the Shout song (they even do arm pumps and yell "shout").

More on Kim Pegula's father...Looks like he is a big sports guy also.

Ralph P. Kerr

Owner and General Manager

Ralph P. Kerr is the Owner and General Manager of the Genesee Rapids. He is a retired public school superintendent who has been involved in the education of young men and women for 28 years. Ralph holds a Doctorate in Educational Administration from Syracuse University and a Masters in Education – Counseling from SUNY Brockport. In his capacity as superintendent Ralph and his wife followed high school sports team all over New York State for many years.

He became interested in establishing a franchise in the NYCBL in Houghton, NY after watching his grandson thoroughly enjoy playing last summer for the Niagara Power in the league. Ralph played an important role in obtaining the funding for new baseball and softball stadiums along with a 107,000 square foot field house at Houghton College in Houghton, NY where the team will play.

Ralph says, “We want to give young men with outstanding character and good baseball skills the opportunity to develop themselves further in both of these areas. Our affiliation with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes provides the experience and stability we need to venture into this exciting opportunity.”

http://geneseerapidsbaseball.com/Staff.html

Unless you have kids. Who may also have kids someday.

As painful as it has been to be a Bills fan, I think it's cool to pass on the legacy of Bills football to the next generation.

I do have kids, but they don't care about sports. To be fair, I also didn't, until I went to college.

But what I was trying to say was, who knows what Pegs' kids or grandkids do with all his money? And there's the death tax thing.

Actually Michael and Laura are children from Terry Pegula's First Marriage.

Michael lives in So. Cal. He is a former Marine and has a daughter. His twitter profile picture is him wearing a Thurman Jersey and this was posted long before the Pegula's interest in buying the team was known.

Laura is married and works for her Dad at East Resources.

Well, at least for our lifetimes, which is all we should care about. Cool.

All the info on an owner ofa major Buffalo sports franchise, the Sabres is greatly appreciated and particularly when it appears he will also become owner of the Bills. However, the thing which many folks don't seem to get is that who owns the Bills and whether the franchise stays in Buffalo are two different issues.

They obviously are intensely related, but the simple facts of the case (in terms of the legal contractual agreements and also in terms of the driving reality of where the money is) is that the Bills will almost certainly remain in Buffalo.

This is true in my analysis because the ultimate decision-maker and contractually with agreement from Ralph (and thus the trust which controls the transfer of his assets to his heirs) is that the Bills contractually agreed to give the NFL the ability to veto any sale to a new owner that cannot attract the voting approval of 75% of the current owners.

The past cases (the CBA agreement in the late 80s, theCBA renewal a few years later and even in the most recent CBA renewal is that the individual team owners are motivated by what makes them the most $.

Again, the simple fact is that individual team owners make more $ in a fiscal system based on a collaborative social compact between the team owners and players than they do under a traditional competitive free market system.

Under the agreements between the individual team owners and labor (embodied in the NFLPA) the owners have demonstrated several times that they realize that they make higher profits in a system which allows them to collect billions of $ from the TV networks. The TV nets will not spend their billions on a product that is unstable, uncertain, and subject to repeated battles between the workers and team owners.

The team owners have demonstrated time and again that they are quite willing to give up total control of the business in order to receive less than a majority share ($39.5% in the last CBA)of an even larger amount of money than they produced under the pseudo free market structure of the 80s.

The Bills are incredibly likely to remain in Buffalo because the NFL tends not to leave money on the table. There is little financial reason for them to simply give away the 100s of millions from WNY/southern Ontario season ticket holders, 20,000 + likely individual ricket buyers , 100s of millions of dollars from WNY commercial buyers, and 100s of millions of $ in corporate welfare from WNY governments which will simply go away and need to be replaced if the franchise moves.

Yes, it is true that these revenue streams would likely be replaced y rabid fan ticket buyers, new local businesses and corporate welfare from new local governments.

However, the NFL team owners (the ultimate decision-maker by past practice and contractually) have not shown any desire as a group to give away their share of the Bills profits when they don't have to merely to mine profits from Toronto or a new municipal franchise.

Its a great presentation to the local fan base to have an owner family that is clearly vested in and tied to WNY. However, the real deal here is that the Bills make a lot more $ for the current NFL team owners who by contract have a veto over a new owner by the team staying in Buffalo than they would from allowing the new owner to pull an Art Modell and run to where the individual new owners gets the best deal.

The simple fact is that the current NFL team owners make more $ operating in a fiscal system which allows them to guarantee a product they can sell to the real market (the TV networks) than they would make simply selling their team to local ticket buyers.

The Bills will stay in Buffalo and you can pretty much bank on this whether the owners are Wilson's. Pegula.s, Bill Gates who whoever!

All the info on an owner ofa major Buffalo sports franchise, the Sabres is greatly appreciated and particularly when it appears he will also become owner of the Bills. However, the thing which many folks don't seem to get is that who owns the Bills and whether the franchise stays in Buffalo are two different issues.

They obviously are intensely related, but the simple facts of the case (in terms of the legal contractual agreements and also in terms of the driving reality of where the money is) is that the Bills will almost certainly remain in Buffalo.

This is true in my analysis because the ultimate decision-maker and contractually with agreement from Ralph (and thus the trust which controls the transfer of his assets to his heirs) is that the Bills contractually agreed to give the NFL the ability to veto any sale to a new owner that cannot attract the voting approval of 75% of the current owners.

The past cases (the CBA agreement in the late 80s, theCBA renewal a few years later and even in the most recent CBA renewal is that the individual team owners are motivated by what makes them the most $.

Again, the simple fact is that individual team owners make more $ in a fiscal system based on a collaborative social compact between the team owners and players than they do under a traditional competitive free market system.

Under the agreements between the individual team owners and labor (embodied in the NFLPA) the owners have demonstrated several times that they realize that they make higher profits in a system which allows them to collect billions of $ from the TV networks. The TV nets will not spend their billions on a product that is unstable, uncertain, and subject to repeated battles between the workers and team owners.

The team owners have demonstrated time and again that they are quite willing to give up total control of the business in order to receive less than a majority share ($39.5% in the last CBA)of an even larger amount of money than they produced under the pseudo free market structure of the 80s.

The Bills are incredibly likely to remain in Buffalo because the NFL tends not to leave money on the table. There is little financial reason for them to simply give away the 100s of millions from WNY/southern Ontario season ticket holders, 20,000 + likely individual ricket buyers , 100s of millions of dollars from WNY commercial buyers, and 100s of millions of $ in corporate welfare from WNY governments which will simply go away and need to be replaced if the franchise moves.

Yes, it is true that these revenue streams would likely be replaced y rabid fan ticket buyers, new local businesses and corporate welfare from new local governments.

However, the NFL team owners (the ultimate decision-maker by past practice and contractually) have not shown any desire as a group to give away their share of the Bills profits when they don't have to merely to mine profits from Toronto or a new municipal franchise.

Its a great presentation to the local fan base to have an owner family that is clearly vested in and tied to WNY. However, the real deal here is that the Bills make a lot more $ for the current NFL team owners who by contract have a veto over a new owner by the team staying in Buffalo than they would from allowing the new owner to pull an Art Modell and run to where the individual new owners gets the best deal.

The simple fact is that the current NFL team owners make more $ operating in a fiscal system which allows them to guarantee a product they can sell to the real market (the TV networks) than they would make simply selling their team to local ticket buyers.

The Bills will stay in Buffalo and you can pretty much bank on this whether the owners are Wilson's. Pegula.s, Bill Gates who whoever!

Great post!

:thumbsup:

CBF

@BuffRumblings

John Wawrow spoke with us about the #Bills sale. Watch his thoughts. http://www.buffaloru...g-camp …

@Forbes

Why Tom Golisano didn't bid for the Buffalo Bills: http://onforb.es/Wbir78

Ozanian must think pretty highly of his sources: "In a little while I will let you know how much the three groups...are preparing to submit for their binding offers". I wonder why it took him until 9/30 to note that Golisano didn't submit a bid?

@BuffRumblings

John Wawrow spoke with us about the #Bills sale. Watch his thoughts. http://www.buffaloru...g-camp …

@Forbes

Why Tom Golisano didn't bid for the Buffalo Bills: http://onforb.es/Wbir78

I wonder if Pegula already submitted his binding bid and the powers that be told Golisano his services were no longer required?

Ozanian must think pretty highly of his sources: "In a little while I will let you know how much the three groups...are preparing to submit for their binding offers". I wonder why it took him until 9/30 to note that Golisano didn't submit a bid?

That, along with his smug picture, makes me want to give him a free ticket to the upper level end zone seats at the Ralph for a night game.

That, along with his smug picture, makes me want to give him a free ticket to the upper level end zone seats at the Ralph for a night game.

I actually meant to mention the picture, then forgot. That is one creepy looking character.

Why wait "a little while"? Why not tell us now. What a joke this guy is, do people actually believe his dribble because it's in Forbes - so it must be true.