Anybody hear John Clayton's comments this morning?

eball

I saw a tweet from Sal Cappacio this morning that Clayton apparently said the Bills (and I'm paraphrasing) "have just as many good players as the Pats* and will compete for a WC if EJ progresses."

That was the first I've heard one of the national guys touting the Bills' overall talent. Did anyone else hear more?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think thats a pretty standard assessment..... we have a good team that hinges on QB and coaching.

It's the first I've heard someone in the national media actually say the talent level on the Bills is up to par with a team like the Pats*. I've heard "they have some talent" and "they have some good players in certain places" but nothing that direct.

It's 100% true. The difference between us and the Pats is Brady. It's been that way for the last 5 years. We get 6 to 7 wins starting Lewis, Fitz, Edwards, & Losman. They get double digits because of one guy. It's really that simple.

Flip it this way. Imagine if Brady had our Wrs. That said, we also can't lose games where we score more than 24 points, which happened twice last year.

It's the first I've heard someone in the national media actually say the talent level on the Bills is up to par with a team like the Pats*. I've heard "they have some talent" and "they have some good players in certain places" but nothing that direct.

Besides qb, where are the Pats better than us? Oline used to be but now that's a question mark for them. I guess you could say their lbs, DBS, & TE. But I'd favor the Bills in dline, Wrs, & rbs.

It's 100% true. The difference between us and the Pats is Brady.

I agree with your premise but I would add Belichick as well. The culture he has created there breeds confidence, accountability and success. There has been little to none of that here for a long time.

I agree with your premise but I would add Belichick as well. The culture he has created there breeds confidence, accountability and success. There has been little to none of that here for a long time.

What did Belichick do without Brady? Nada. He became a great coach after Brady. His specialty, defense, has helped hold NE back for a while now.

I know we hate him but what if Edwards became a good qb? Guess who suddenly is a great coach? Dick Jauron. Great Qbs make great coaches. IMO, the best coaches in the NFL are Carroll and Harbaugh because they can win no matter who the qb is.

What did Belichick do without Brady? Nada. He became a great coach after Brady. His specialty, defense, has helped hold NE back for a while now.

I know we hate him but what if Edwards became a good qb? Guess who suddenly is a great coach? Dick Jauron. Great Qbs make great coaches. IMO, the best coaches in the NFL are Carroll and Harbaugh because they can win no matter who the qb is.

You can't argue that belichick's teams are always prepared, rarely lay an egg (atleast compared to other teams- there is an exception to every rule) and nothing less than winning is ever acceptable. That has nothing to do with Brady.

The Bills usual lay a couple eggs every year and it seems like losing is acceptable because it has been the norm for so long. It's a brutal cycle to break out of. Hopefully they break out of it soon.

Belichick's a cheater and he probably cheated with the Browns and Giants too. His drafting Brady in 2000 was pure luck and he's, frankly, cheated and lucked his way into 3 SB wins and 2 more appearances as a HC. And Bob Kraft is a bad owner because he wants a team in London and L.A

After all, Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey, and Marrone would have the same record with Brady. No question.

;)

The fellas at NFL Network have been saying this for a while--that The Bills have 21 starters that are as good or better than the Patriots'* but the 22nd will make all the difference.

Belichick's a cheater and he probably cheated with the Browns and Giants too. His drafting Brady in 2000 was pure luck and he's, frankly, cheated and lucked his way into 3 SB wins and 2 more appearances as a HC. And Bob Kraft is a bad owner because he wants a team in London and L.A

After all, Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey, and Marrone would have the same record with Brady. No question.

;)

He should have cheated better with the Browns.

You can't argue that belichick's teams are always prepared, rarely lay an egg (atleast compared to other teams- there is an exception to every rule) and nothing less than winning is ever acceptable. That has nothing to do with Brady.

The Bills usual lay a couple eggs every year and it seems like losing is acceptable because it has been the norm for so long. It's a brutal cycle to break out of. Hopefully they break out of it soon.

All teams look better when you have a great qb. Jim Caldwell went 15-1 as a coach. When you have a great qb and he is your hardest working player, it holds every single other player more accountable.

Every other qb under Belichick sucked besides Brady.

Pete Carroll couldn't win couldn't win with boomer or whitehurst though.... Jus sayin.

He should have cheated better with the Browns.

All teams look better when you have a great qb. Jim Caldwell went 15-1 as a coach. When you have a great qb and he is your hardest working player, it holds every single other player more accountable.

Every other qb under Belichick sucked besides Brady.

Didn't Cassell go 11-5 the year Brady got hurt and play great?

Leading up to the draft, if you read a lot of medias take on whom buffalo should take they typically opened with "buffalo doesn't have many holes..."

Which is true for the most part, buffalo has finally hit on some picks and have been able to bring in some free agents. If the coaching is there and EJ develops we can compete.

It's 100% true. The difference between us and the Pats is Brady. It's been that way for the last 5 years. We get 6 to 7 wins starting Lewis, Fitz, Edwards, & Losman. They get double digits because of one guy. It's really that simple.

Flip it this way. Imagine if Brady had our Wrs. That said, we also can't lose games where we score more than 24 points, which happened twice last year.

Besides qb, where are the Pats better than us? Oline used to be but now that's a question mark for them. I guess you could say their lbs, DBS, & TE. But I'd favor the Bills in dline, Wrs, & rbs.

If we had Brady we would be talked about as SB contenders w/ this roster.

IDK guys. we may have more big name players like CJ Spiller and Mario Williams, but the Pats get no-name guys like Shane Vereen or the little white dude from a few years ago to out perform our guys.

They cut a guy like Spikes and he is out best FA signing.

I think our roster is better than theres on a Madden video game but not likely in real life. If we switched coaches maybe, but...