Listening to Doug Marrone is like listening to nothing at all

I'm not sure if he's just not capable of answering questions or he does not want to give out any information. When asked about the benefit of the new QB coming from Chicago, he acted as if it never occurred to him that might be of benefit. He dodges questions, looks sincere, then looks upset, then bewildered. Either he's brilliant, or he's a dope. Which is it?

I'm not a fan of the Offensive Coordinator. With all these weapons you might expect to see a few big plays once in a while. Granted, it is preseason, but we're not seeing much outta these guys. Ask Doug about it and he will blame it on the execution and not the players.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and you for one can easily reconginze HC material. That's why you're posting on a message board.

If the new owner is TP, think you're going to be real disapointed. Likely the end of this year the only change I see coming if the Bills don't show improvment is they dump Hackert and bring in a new OC. Unles the new owner has a hand picked guy he's real close with doubt either RB or DW go anywhere and likely Marrone will be given at least one more year. And likely thye'll blame any lack of improvement by EJ on the OC too, so doubt they'd give up on a #1 pick after two seasons. Probably would see a new OC and bring in an experienced backup and have a competition for the job.

I love the guy, actually love his entire staff -it's the best position to win we've been in 15 years. This time of the year is tough because we want to base opinions off the pre season and you can't fairly do it. He's a younger Parcels and we will win this year - mark it down and relax.

Coaches giving only the most superficial answers or being evasive is pretty alarming. Harbaugh and Belichek spill their guts in pressers and have the utmost patience for any manner of repetitive question. Thats the mark of a winner.

Edited by Jauronimo

I'm not sure if he's just not capable of answering questions or he does not want to give out any information. When asked about the benefit of the new QB coming from Chicago, he acted as if it never occurred to him that might be of benefit. He dodges questions, looks sincere, then looks upset, then bewildered. Either he's brilliant, or he's a dope. Which is it?

I'm not a fan of the Offensive Coordinator. With all these weapons you might expect to see a few big plays once in a while. Granted, it is preseason, but we're not seeing much outta these guys. Ask Doug about it and he will blame it on the execution and not the players.

Honest to freakin' god what do you expect to hear? It's a press conference...a SPORTS press conference. The point is to say as much with as little meaning as possible. :doh:

Coaches giving only the most superficial answers or being evasive is pretty alarming. Harbaugh and Belichek spill their guts in pressers and have the utmost patience for any manner of repetitive question. Thats the mark of a winner.

My thinking exactly. :doh: Edited by BillnutinHouston

I could care less what is said in an interview, I personally like the way he coaches and think he gets it. If the Bills keep changing coaches every two years they will never build a winner. I think DM and DW are to the point where they have the good players in key spots to fulfill their vision. The big question is the QB

"Great football coaches have the vision to see, the faith to believe, the courage to do... and 25 great players." - Marv Levy

I love the guy, actually love his entire staff -it's the best position to win we've been in 15 years. This time of the year is tough because we want to base opinions off the pre season and you can't fairly do it. He's a younger Parcels and we will win this year - mark it down and relax.

I loved the guy last year, as another under the radar Chip Kelly type. Then all the miscues, mistakes, and in particular the mishandling of the replacement for LG Andy Levitre. Marrone was a supposed O line guru! Just like Chan Gailey was a supposed QB guru.

Quite frankly I'm sick of supposed hires, and want a coaching staff that can field a winning team. I don't envision a winning season with this staff. Just a fans opinion.

He isnt HC material, but our asses are stuck with him until the new owner cleans house

If only we had your brilliant mind running the team as it's obvious you can spot QB and coaching talent a light year away.

Thank You, be careful making sense around here though.