Cutler annoyed with Bills’ signing of QB Jordan Palmer

HOUSE

“It’s not exactly what you want,” Cutler said. “He can give them things I’m sure. He knows snap counts, some of the stuff we do with our checks, what plays we like. But they still have to defend it. So we won’t change much if anything, maybe a few tweaks here and there. But we’ll just have to go play football and see how it goes.”

doesn't sound annoyed. just a practical response. disappointing too, since I was hoping signing of palmer had added benefit of getting inside his head

I agree

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler didn't take a shot at the Bills. The guy who wrote the article did..."The good news is that even if Palmer is able to give them an inside scoop, the Bills still have an inherent disadvantage to overcome in being the Buffalo Bills."

That is absolutely hilarious, if you ask me.

Palmer for sure has a lot of info on what the Bears D is game planning. Belichek has been doing this kind of stuff to the Bills for years....great move.

And this is all the signing was. Info on Chicago.

He will be cut after the game Thursday night and we will have our true #2 QB Sat morning.

Cutler is annoyed by everything. just look at his face, he just seems permanently annoyed at life. he is the biggest cry baby in the NFL.

having said that, i don't think his comments were that bad. but he's still a pansy

you read that and thought he needed to get a grip?

That's fair. Get a grip might be a bit much but it does sound like a preemptive excuse to me....for something that happens to many teams throughout the season. Whiny maybe? It could be just me but that's how I read it. His 'we'll just have to see how it goes' sounds a bit Eeyore-ish to me.

No one reads anymore.

False.

I think coaches and players look at film all the time to try and figure out how to play an opponent. As as earlier post said, players are cut and signed by teams all the time. I doubt there is a huge advantage in this.

This is way overblown by some fans. Has there ever been a player or coach that has explained in retrospect, some kind of pivotal advantage that was gained from this kind of signing? (I can believe it has happened randomly, but not very often).

I suppose the Bears will sign Thad Lewis now? I doubt it.

I think they would have signed Palmer even if he hadn't been cut by a team on the schedule. I think they like the idea of having a player/coach-type guy as the 3rd QB.

Cutler is one of the whiniest players in the league.

That wasn't an annoyed Cutler, just a guy answering some questions from the press. An annoyed Cutler freaks out. It is a "clickbait" headline.

That wasn't an annoyed Cutler, just a guy answering some questions from the press. An annoyed Cutler freaks out. It is a "clickbait" headline.

True. But he is almost always whiny, even in answering every day questions from the press. Or at least that is the way he comes across after hearing him whine so many times.