USC senior hurt jumping from 2nd story to save drowning nephew

FluffHead

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if police were looking for someone who jumped off of a balcony, why would he create a fake story about jumping off a balcony and share it with the public? Didn't really think that one through, did you, Josh?

So if police were looking for someone who jumped off of a balcony, why would he create a fake story about jumping off a balcony and share it with the public? Didn't really think that one through, did you, Josh?

I don't think he shared it with the public, I think his coach/AD did.

I don't think he shared it with the public, I think his coach/AD did.

If that's the case, he still responded to the media almost immediately about it. The quote about how he'd do it again for any kid was probably the first thing I heard. The recent update to the story really sheds new light on that comment though, doesn't it.

If that's the case, he still responded to the media almost immediately about it. The quote about how he'd do it again for any kid was probably the first thing I heard. The recent update to the story really sheds new light on that comment though, doesn't it.

No doubt the kid is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but once it went public he got caught up his lie. We see Governors and even Presidents try to keep lies going so not that surprising that a relatively dumb 20 year didn't handle the situation very well.

Now we just need to know for sure why exactly he did jump off a balcony.

The bad stuff always gets reported about these guys....here's a good story. Bravo kid

http://www.latimes.c...0825-story.html

Alright, this is the point where somebody links a good story about a football player and saves this thread.

Or, somebody can just pipe in here with better lies that the guy could have told in order not to have gotten caught. Either way, thread saved!

This story is something out of an 80's sit com. I could see DJ Tanner or Theo Huxtable pulling a stunt like this. A little white lie blows up into a media story, and you have to come clean.

Lesson learned; cue a Uncle Jesse hug and slow piano theme.

I don't know that this was a little white lie. Maybe if he said he hurt himself falling down some stairs. But jumping from a balcony to save a drowning child? And then say the kid is your sister's child?

There's nothing little nor white about that lie.

I don't know that this was a little white lie. Maybe if he said he hurt himself falling down some stairs. But jumping from a balcony to save a drowning child? And then say the kid is your sister's child?

There's nothing little nor white about that lie.

"Save a drowning child"-- that is a very sit-comish excuse, IMO. I can see Beaver Cleaver making that one up.

This story is something out of an 80's sit com. I could see DJ Tanner or Theo Huxtable pulling a stunt like this. A little white lie blows up into a media story, and you have to come clean.

Lesson learned; cue a Uncle Jesse hug and slow piano theme.

That's more of a George Costanza moment.

Alright, this is the point where somebody links a good story about a football player and saves this thread.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26382809/walker-wilbanks-saves-lives

Here you go. The 'donor' can't be thanked but it's still a great story and legacy. Kudos to his family as well. As a dad who had a child on a heart transplant list....these are great stories.