After 100 Votes it Is Yes for Incognito

Gugny

193 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Pursue Incognito?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We gave him a chance before when the Rams got rid of him & teams were afraid to sign him because he was a head case. However he & his girlfriend bad mouthed Buffalo & he jump shipped as soon as he could & went to South Beach where things were more exciting. Screw this POS psycho.

When Pears-Williams gets their a33es handed to them a few times, and it results in more holding calls, sacks, broken run plays and overall bad play. Then most of the fans will be complaining why didn't we fix the OG position. I have no faith that Marrone knows what he is doing after allowing Chris Williams to be signed, and keeping Legursky on the team. Pears to RG is a desperation move, and a band aid that will come off the very first good team the bills play.

At this point the OL in a perfect world would have developed chemistry where because they have played together enough they not only make the same calls when they see how the opposing team is addressing the play they called, but they know how their teammates on the OL and entire O are likely to react. This is called chemistry.

Not only would the addition of a possible (if not likely) starting talent would actually be a setback for this team for awhile (2 games, 6 games, 10 games, season) that it makes little sense in terms simply on field performance.

AND then you add to this the off-field disruption as the entire team needs to decide how they are going to react and interact and simply find out the truth about what happened in Miami.

AND then you add to this the uncertainty of what the impact of the year off (positive or negative or both) the year off has had on Incognito as a player.

In general, a pick-up of Incognito now would essentially be an admission by Merrone et al. that he is pretty confident that their current players cannot cut it. Essentially this pretty much writes off the season before it starts and draws into serious question the first season of team building by Merrone/Whaley.

Can someone describe to me how this is even supposed to make things better?

Okay... so the guy "you can win with" has been on how many teams with winning records in his 8/9 year career in the NFL? I'll give you clue... it's a round number. You need harmony ans professionalism as well as talent to win. Winning teams don't need the likes of Incognito.

We gave him a chance before when the Rams got rid of him & teams were afraid to sign him because he was a head case. However he & his girlfriend bad mouthed Buffalo & he jump shipped as soon as he could & went to South Beach where things were more exciting. Screw this POS psycho.

he did not "jump ship" the Bills never made him an offer. There is a big difference.

This is incorrect. We claimed him off waivers before anybody could sign him.

Other than everything in this post being incorrect and untrue, it's very factual.

If you want to "win now," Incognito can be the difference. If you don't want to see EJ end up a bust, Incognito can be the difference. Put harsh criticisms of his character aside because you WANT an A-hole on your O-line! He harasses people? GOOD! That's a quality Guard's job. Pick up the phone, Whaley!

Okay, we didn't want a reformed dog fighter but we'd take a known bully! At least Vick admitted his mistake, Incognito still denies any wrongdoing.

I think the term "bully" gets checked in at the door of an NFL practice facility. Seriously. It's not like he was harassing the place kicker, for God's sake.

And I think your comparison to Vick is off.

If Incongnito tortured, maimed, and murdered dogs, I think the voting would be different. But, alas, Incognito called another gigantic adult male some names. Not even close.

The number of apologists for Richie Incognito on this board is astonishing. His behaviour cannot be excused and should not be trivialised. St Louis decided he was no good for their locker room due to his lack of discipline, the Bills clearly saw something they didn't like last time he was here and then the bullying of a fellow professional in Miami. No team he has ever been on has had a winning record. You don't win with people like Incognito in your locker room. It is as simple as that.

The number of apologists for Richie Incognito on this board is astonishing. His behaviour cannot be excused and should not be trivialised. St Louis decided he was no good for their locker room due to his lack of discipline, the Bills clearly saw something they didn't like last time he was here and then the bullying of a fellow professional in Miami. No team he has ever been on has had a winning record. You don't win with people like Incognito in your locker room. It is as simple as that.

But you do win with Ray Rice and Big Ben, Riley Cooper, Mike Vick, Leveon Bell etc etc.

You can say you don't think he is good and his talent level is not good enough to be considered a replacement, but c'mon the whole thing is being so overplayed?

Edited by CountDorkula

Guys who get in trouble with the law (whilst clealry a serious societal problem) are less of an issue in the dressing room if they are a good teammate and engage in the correct locker room culture. Their problems are outside of that door. Incognito is not a good teammate and has in the past tried to fight his Head Coach and forced a teammate out of the league with his "banter". I don't believe that is goog for your locker room and as someone who has coached sport, albeit soccer not football, at a semi-professional level I will tell you this for nothing - if your locker room is divided you are sunk before you even step foot on the field.

What Incognito did in Miami didn't just divide a locker room it smashed one to pieces. So in answer, no, I don't think it was one bit underplayed. Indeed, I think if Incognito does get thrown an NFL lifeline by some team he has gotten away pretty lightly.

Guys who get in trouble with the law (whilst clealry a serious societal problem) are less of an issue in the dressing room if they are a good teammate and engage in the correct locker room culture. Their problems are outside of that door. Incognito is not a good teammate and has in the past tried to fight his Head Coach and forced a teammate out of the league with his "banter". I don't believe that is goog for your locker room and as someone who has coached sport, albeit soccer not football, at a semi-professional level I will tell you this for nothing - if your locker room is divided you are sunk before you even step foot on the field.

What Incognito did in Miami didn't just divide a locker room it smashed one to pieces. So in answer, no, I don't think it was one bit underplayed. Indeed, I think if Incognito does get thrown an NFL lifeline by some team he has gotten away pretty lightly.

Do you have any evidence to back this up, if not it is just wild accusations. IIRC, many were placing the blame on Martin for not standing up for himself.

I have no idea why on a team with dwindling cap space, you'd invest vet minimum money PLUS, on a problem-child who thinks he's never done anything wrong, when you have Cyril Richardson in the fold being groomed as a long-term starter, and other serviceable options. I think moving Pears inside could really work out, Henderson should be able to hold it down at RT, and this is while seeing nothing from Kouandijo, Urbik struggling but probably OK depth, Hairston in the fold, etc.

Wheeling in a powder-keg on the eve of opening day, to play as part of a unit where continuity is key? Sign us up, sounds like another classic, stupid Bills move!

At this point the OL in a perfect world would have developed chemistry where because they have played together enough they not only make the same calls when they see how the opposing team is addressing the play they called, but they know how their teammates on the OL and entire O are likely to react. This is called chemistry.

Not only would the addition of a possible (if not likely) starting talent would actually be a setback for this team for awhile (2 games, 6 games, 10 games, season) that it makes little sense in terms simply on field performance.

AND then you add to this the off-field disruption as the entire team needs to decide how they are going to react and interact and simply find out the truth about what happened in Miami.

AND then you add to this the uncertainty of what the impact of the year off (positive or negative or both) the year off has had on Incognito as a player.

In general, a pick-up of Incognito now would essentially be an admission by Merrone et al. that he is pretty confident that their current players cannot cut it. Essentially this pretty much writes off the season before it starts and draws into serious question the first season of team building by Merrone/Whaley.

Great post. You changed my mind on the topic :thumbsup:

So do you just like to ignore the fact that incognito and Martin were friends for the whole previous year?

Read the report. Jonathan Martin was in a position that he couldn't control and didn't understand. If you honestly think after reading the report that the relationship between the two could rightly be described as a friendship then it was, at very best, a highly dysfunctional one. I don't want to redo the arguments on this issue because there was a thread pages and pages long on the issue where my feelings and what conclusions of the report those feelings were based on are all set out.

I simply repeat the fact that this a highly dysfunctional character, the evidence of his career is that he causes issues in locker rooms and he has never been in the locker room of a team that has had a winning record in 8/9 years in the league. Now we all agree he is probably an above average guard in the league so why has no winning team ever taken him on? You don't win with dysfunctional teammates like Richie Incognito in your locker room I'm afraid. That is whay I don't want him in Buffalo - because whilst I think he is probably a better guard than the two we are likely to start with, I think the overall package of what he brings to the locker room will counter balance that and he will not be someone who helps us win.

While I was in the camp of not bringing in this guy, and stated many reasons for it. I've since changed my mind as I watched Pears get owned at RG by the Bucs, and graded (-4.2). Even the rookies at LG Richardson, and RT Henderson graded better then he did!

Then LG Chris Williams who has been out with a back injury graded a horrid (-21.8) last year with the Rams, and was graded as the weak link on that St Louis line.

Richie Incognito graded slightly better then Andy Levitre did at OG (+17.3), and would be an instant improvement at OG over any of the current players on the roster. I want to see the team win the line of scrimmage battle every game, and more importantly win games. I just don't see it with the current players.

Either Incognito or trade the 49ers for holdout OG Alex Boone, who would also be an upgrade over any of the current guards on the team.

While I was in the camp of not bringing in this guy, and stated many reasons for it. I've since changed my mind as I watched Pears get owned at RG by the Bucs, and graded (-4.2). Even the rookies at LG Richardson, and RT Henderson graded better then he did!

Then LG Chris Williams who has been out with a back injury graded a horrid (-21.8) last year with the Rams, and was graded as the weak link on that St Louis line.

Richie Incognito graded slightly better then Andy Levitre did at OG (+17.3), and would be an instant improvement at OG over any of the current players on the roster. I want to see the team win the line of scrimmage battle every game, and more importantly win games. I just don't see it with the current players.

Either Incognito or trade the 49ers for holdout OG Alex Boone, who would also be an upgrade over any of the current guards on the team.

:thumbsup:

Did we throw in the towel when we signed Jordan Palmer?

Signing instant upgrades is just that. I don't understand why so many fans are against signing players who are better than the ones we have. We don't have to start every draft pick or else they're a failure. Richardson can be our guard in 2 years when he improves, we aren't throwing in the towel if he isn't ready this year.

But sure, let's watch our O-line get rocked on the goal line 20 times this season, and then we'll decide the O-line should've been improved.

Although, this post is hilarious. It's more important for Marrone and co. to keep their pride than improve the football team. Thank god they're all gone.

Edited by FireChan

I also need to see a link to believe these claims.

I mean, the mere thought that Incognito had female companionship is LUDICROUS.

But you do win with Ray Rice and Big Ben, Riley Cooper, Mike Vick, Leveon Bell etc etc.

You can say you don't think he is good and his talent level is not good enough to be considered a replacement, but c'mon the whole thing is being so overplayed?

Well, Riley will always been known as a racist, Vick a dog killer, rice a woman beater, & Big Ben a rapist. No matter what they do they will all be remember as that.

I think it comes down to RI isn't that great as folks here think. He is slightly above average at best. He was a POS before the Martin thing. He's a moron and takes stupid penalties.

So why go to all that trouble for at best a slightly above average g who hasn't had played in almost a year?