Bills First Half vs. Bucs--broken down

Big Blitz

For the sake of your health, do not hold your breath waiting for this to be posted.

:lol: I know,.

The way he posts it's like he's on/off meds of some sort. There are other less flattering explanations, of course. I have a suspicion this particular poster used to go under a different username, but I can't quite pinpoint it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. That is how I saw it but reality is lost in the post game hysteria around here. One small quibble: the pass did not bounce of Spillers hands - he caught it and fumbled. Clear possession.

The offense clearly needs work but I do not blame the first half on EJ as most seem to do. Maybe it is just me, but I expect there will be inconsistencies and mistakes in his play in what amounts to the second half of his rookie year. If he can stay on the field and gain experience we should start to see more consistency. There are positive signs. We will know what we have by the end of the year.

My biggest concern is the erratic play of the OL which is hopefully due to lack of continuity with all the position changes and will improve. If not, long year for everyone. I am anxious to see the entire offense, including Watkins and the real play book in Chicago.

Wow. I am absolutely stunned by the positivity in this thread. I watched the game live and came away thinking this is going to be another very long season. The offense in the first half was absolutely putrid. The reasons for not making plays do not matter much to me. Make the damned plays! I'm usaually pretty optimistic and don't panic in the pre-season, but this was really bad. Mistake after mistake after mistake. If this team plays anything like they have in the pre-season, then this season will be a step backwards and there certainly will be no playoffs again. They have a very long way to go to even be competitive IMO.

To not want to understand why the offense wasnt making plays is kinda horse blinder mentality doncha think?

For the sake of your health, do not hold your breath waiting for this to be posted.

True.....this particular poster has EJ in his ironsites.....and nothing is going to change that. EVERYTHING is EJ's fault.

This thread makes me feel better.

For what it's worth, when I watched it live I wasn't happy with EJ, but I was more unhappy with everybody else, particularly the offensive line. Just a bad game overall for that unit.

fair enough.

but the point remains. the ball was thrown slightly behind, but spiller did a bad job reeling it in, and i'm putting the main blame on him rather than ej.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap3000000382475/Pre-Wk-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Foster-wins-in-pinball

Watch the video again. EJ hit CJ square. He made the catch, turned around, and had the ball knocked out. EJ didn't throw behind him.

This thread makes me feel better.

For what it's worth, when I watched it live I wasn't happy with EJ, but I was more unhappy with everybody else, particularly the offensive line. Just a bad game overall for that unit.

Yeah, EJ made some mistakes but the whole offense did too.

Hopefully Hackett has something other than vanilla for the regular season as well as our players executing it better.

http://www.nfl.com/v...wins-in-pinball

Watch the video again. EJ hit CJ square. He made the catch, turned around, and had the ball knocked out. EJ didn't throw behind him.

Yeah, that was only a fumble because the defense made a solid hit on the ball with his helmet.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think EJ's fumble in the first half is the reason he ran out of bounds taking a loss on the play before the TD.

I think he was scared of fumbling again and took the loss instead.

That first half was some of the worst football I've seen a team play since last years Bills.

Great post Blitz.

The INT was not EJ's fault, Chandler was victim to the turf monster. We prolly get the first down if he didn't fall.

Pears to me didnt look comfy yet at RG and it showed. Way to much movement on the OL for any sort of jelling. This is gonna be a problem for a few weeks into the season IMO.

I only watched the 1st half but it seems to me the EJ really should not be running a no-huddle offense at this stage of his career. That to me is a huge coaching mistake. They maybe are putting to much on EJ's plate. Think he would be much better served huddling up.

But with that being said it unfair to judge EJ on some preseason games. I'll wait until the regular season for that.

That 20-yard pass to Woods looks like an easy play from above. From the QB's viewpoint, only a handful of QB's would have been able to make that play. Maybe. Thankfully EJ didn't get hurt standing in there and taking it.

I am of the opinion that he lost his grip on the ball just prior to release. It was fluttering almost immediately and was way under powered. This thing happens but it still bugs me that Fitz had two like this in 2012 that were ruled fumbles (Cle and Titans?) Sir Isaac Newton says no way.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap3000000382475/Pre-Wk-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Foster-wins-in-pinball

i'm at your work, so i'll take your word for it ptr.

again i'm defending ej overall, which is more than you can say about the o-line saturday. i only saw one or two bad throws, and a lot of the rest was many of his skills players letting him down,and bad penalties.i'm hoping some time with everyone back on the o-line helps them gel by week 1.

I am of the opinion that he lost his grip on the ball just prior to release. It was fluttering almost immediately and was way under powered. This thing happens but it still bugs me that Fitz had two like this in 2012 that were ruled fumbles (Cle and Titans?) Sir Isaac Newton says no way.

I would be surprised if the ball came out a little wobbly, considering he got whalloped on the play.

i'm at your work, so i'll take your word for it ptr.

again i'm defending ej overall, which is more than you can say about the o-line saturday. i only saw one or two bad throws, and a lot of the rest was many of his skills players letting him down,and bad penalties.i'm hoping some time with everyone back on the o-line helps them gel by week 1.

EJ certainly made some bad plays Saturday. Just not every play like some here are painting. He played like a rookie when things were breaking down.

My biggest concern is the erratic play of the OL which is hopefully due to lack of continuity with all the position changes and will improve. If not, long year for everyone. I am anxious to see the entire offense, including Watkins and the real play book in Chicago.

This is my feeling as well. It's a shame that they had to wait so long into the preseason to get this combination of linemen to play together(technically, the starting 5 still hasn't played together as LG Williams did not play).

Marrone tried to play it off that OL continuity in preseason does not matter, but that was just coachspeak. It will take a few weeks of playing together before the OL will be at its peak performance.