Goodwin's tweet about fans booing

Kevin

I guess Twitter has given the players the chance to say what they would have said any old time. Nobody likes being booed off the field.

The Bills fans are awesome. Even when the team sucks, the people show up and are loud as hell. In regular season. It's been 14 years. We have been great fans through a lot of misery.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure the fans were booing any one particular player. The entire first half performance was worthy of scorn coming on the heels of an underwhelming off season and addition of a lot of overall talent. If said talent doesn't show up in the team's performance on the field, then something stinks

Not sure the fans were booing any one particular player. The entire first half performance was worthy of scorn coming on the heels of an underwhelming off season and addition of a lot of overall talent. If said talent doesn't show up in the team's performance on the field, then something stinks

They were booing EJ. And they have a right to. If players are too sensitive then go play golf

They were booing the whole damn team, coaches players and management who have let the fans sit in that stadium for nearly 15 years while the team gets its sorry ass kicked from one end of the field to the other. They were booing because it's the start of another season, and it looks like another year of frustration and embarrassment over a lousy record. And they were booing themselves for being such chumps and actually believing once again that the Bills might start showing some talent and stop being a football joke.

That 1st half performance by the offense deserved every boo they received. It was THAT bad.

Bang you are totally right......and frankly I dont care if there are bills players that were upset at the booing.....it was deserved.....

but to nail this down to one player is absurd...it is not that simple (unless certain fans are simpletons which is entirely possible)

- The QB gets the lionshare of the blame on losses and more credit then they deserve on wins......EJ played poorly.........right up to the start of the 2nd half. He is one of those QBs that is going to NEED for others to play well in order for him to play well......at least right now

- Our offensive play calling in first half was predictable and thats why we couldnt run the ball.....and for some damn reason our OL cant block for a screen pass to save their lives.....this is evidenced by the turnaround in the 2nd half...yes it was against 2nd stringers but it DID happen......

- Penalties killed some very good offensive plays for us even in the 1st half

Bang you are totally right......and frankly I dont care if there are bills players that were upset at the booing.....it was deserved.....

but to nail this down to one player is absurd...it is not that simple (unless certain fans are simpletons which is entirely possible)

- The QB gets the lionshare of the blame on losses and more credit then they deserve on wins......EJ played poorly.........right up to the start of the 2nd half. He is one of those QBs that is going to NEED for others to play well in order for him to play well......at least right now

- Our offensive play calling in first half was predictable and thats why we couldnt run the ball.....and for some damn reason our OL cant block for a screen pass to save their lives.....this is evidenced by the turnaround in the 2nd half...yes it was against 2nd stringers but it DID happen......

- Penalties killed some very good offensive plays for us even in the 1st half

The penalties are unacceptable. Somehow this OL is worse than it has been for a few years....

The RBs and WRs didn't really deserve the boos, but the OL and QB sure did - they were dreadful

How can anyone argue that the fans can say anything that they want, in this case booing, but that the players like Goodwin cannot say anything they want (as long as it's not hurting anyone or other obvious verboten kinds of things). I could really care less that Goodwin called out the fans. We, as a whole, called out them (I would never boo a preseason game but I understand it). He will eventually love the fans here. We played like crap, we were pissed, he was pissed. End of story for me.

I would never bother to boo a preseason game. Of course, I would never bother to go to a preseason game either.

It's funny about the 14 years of crap football. How many of the players were Bills fans during that time? Goodwin was probably a Cowboys fan, and here he has the gall to question the loyalty of a SOLD OUT stadium of fans at a preseason game.

He will be fine and get over it, but I gotta question his mental toughness.

How can anyone argue that the fans can say anything that they want, in this case booing, but that the players like Goodwin cannot say anything they want (as long as it's not hurting anyone or other obvious verboten kinds of things). I could really care less that Goodwin called out the fans. We, as a whole, called out them (I would never boo a preseason game but I understand it). He will eventually love the fans here. We played like crap, we were pissed, he was pissed. End of story for me.

Just like preseason, you're taking Goodwin's comments too lightly or as they say in preseason, very "vanilla". He basically said that the ones who were boo'ing aren't fans and the ones that didn't BOO are the "real fans".

He said the stadium wasn't loud (as if there was a reason to be) and called the BOO'ers "bandwagon fans".

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Just like preseason, you're taking Goodwin's comments too lightly or as they say in preseason, very "vanilla". He basically said that the ones who were boo'ing aren't fans and the ones that didn't BOO are the "real fans".

So he is exercising his rights to say whatever the hell he wants in preseason while bozos who are booing preseason are exercising their rights to say whatever the hell they want. It's hypocritical. You can disagree with what he says as a guy because you think he is wrong to call out fans. But you're calling him out beforehand.

I don't agree with what he said at all. But it's an opinion he gave about the fan's support. The same way the fans were giving their opinions about the team's play. Why shouldn't he call you guys out if you are calling him out?

He said the stadium wasn't loud (as if there was a reason to be) and called the BOO'ers "bandwagon fans".

I wonder if he tweeted this before or after he hobbled off the field with yet another injury.

Edited by Bill from NYC

The penalties are unacceptable. Somehow this OL is worse than it has been for a few years....

The RBs and WRs didn't really deserve the boos, but the OL and QB sure did - they were dreadful

The OL actually isn't worse. IMO it's better. We have 3 secure spots instead if just 2 last year. The "locks" IMO are Glenn at LT, Henderson at RT and Wood at C... The LG and RG positions need consistency and hopefully Marrone will plug two guys in there and stick with them instead of switching them everyday.

So he is exercising his rights to say whatever the hell he wants in preseason while bozos who are booing preseason are exercising their rights to say whatever the hell they want. It's hypocritical. You can disagree with what he says as a guy because you think he is wrong to call out fans. But you're calling him out beforehand.

I don't agree with what he said at all. But it's an opinion he gave about the fan's support. The same way the fans were giving their opinions about the team's play. Why shouldn't he call you guys out if you are calling him out?

If it's justifiable then sure he can call us as fans out. If I shove you, I deserve a shove back or at worst a fist to the face if I start cursing at you on top of it. But if I shove you and you pull out a gun and shoot me, we're not exercising the same type of behavior. Yours would be considered extreme and very punishable. Goodwin took it to the extreme. Of course this is as they say, my opinion.