Goodwin's tweet about fans booing

Kevin

From Boobie Dixons twitter:

@Boobie24Dixon: My Statement to #BillsMafia was a challenge,I'm enjoying playing in this Buffalo Blue,I've played in 90 plus straight games in my career...

@Boobie24Dixon: Never once have I attack anyone of those games different,When I go to battle I fight with everything I have,not holding anything back....

@Boobie24Dixon: As long as I'm in uniform that will always be my mentality,I promise to Attack,Attack and Attack again All In All Out!!

@Boobie24Dixon: No matter the score,No matter the conditions,no matter others opinionated comments I will fight to finish!! Live or Die...I choose to Live!!

@Boobie24Dixon: #BillsMafia let's be different,let's break this 14 year drought we are in this together,We are leaders not followers,a different breed...

@Boobie24Dixon: We will be better this next battle,We will bring the Pain,Yall bring the Noise #WeAreOne #BillsMafia

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People taking this personally need to seriously adjust their perspective on life. Stat.

Bills fans are a microcosm of America. There are 300 million Americans, 10 percent of which is like 30 million he's calling out.

Since America stands for freedom, you could say this kid basically hates freedom.

#goodwinhatesfreedom

From Boobie Dixons twitter:

@Boobie24Dixon: My Statement to #BillsMafia was a challenge,I'm enjoying playing in this Buffalo Blue,I've played in 90 plus straight games in my career...

@Boobie24Dixon: Never once have I attack anyone of those games different,When I go to battle I fight with everything I have,not holding anything back....

@Boobie24Dixon: As long as I'm in uniform that will always be my mentality,I promise to Attack,Attack and Attack again All In All Out!!

@Boobie24Dixon: No matter the score,No matter the conditions,no matter others opinionated comments I will fight to finish!! Live or Die...I choose to Live!!

@Boobie24Dixon: #BillsMafia let's be different,let's break this 14 year drought we are in this together,We are leaders not followers,a different breed...

@Boobie24Dixon: We will be better this next battle,We will bring the Pain,Yall bring the Noise #WeAreOne #BillsMafia

I had the same idea...didn't want to bury it in here lol

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170027-straight-from-the-boobiehehe/

Even my 2 year old daughter was booing.

That was how bad of a performance it was.

Historically Bad!!

We may be witnessing history here, folks:

1. Historically The Worse team in history.

2. Historically The Worse GM in History.

3. Historically The Worse Coach in History.

4. Historically The Worse QB in History.

I think it may be time for a new owner.

IMO

Dude were you around in the early to mid 80's?

I'm going to drop the whole boo'ing topic for a second cuz you just shocked me with your response. So basically you're saying that that WASN'T the starting O linemen on the field? Isn't the 3rd game of preseason the so called "dress rehearsal"? Also, don't bring KW into this because he's on defense and the defense did their job the first couple of series until they got exhausted.

Sammy would of played if he was cleared. The kid needs reps before week 1 and this game would of only helped him not hurt him. If you know the real starting lineup on the OL though please share cuz Marrone hasn't told us anything.

My point was you were framing game 3 as real serious business, and we don't know what was going on with some of the decisions. I don't know the starting OL and I'm not sure if marrone has any certainty in the decision yet. I don't know what their theory on playcalling was. I don't know that Sammy couldn't play or if it was deemed an unneeded risk.

You seem to know all of this. You also seem to know last night was a strong reflection of what to expect. No wonder you were so mad. I still have no idea why your taking goodwins tweet as such a cut to the core of your character.

My point was you were framing game 3 as real serious business, and we don't know what was going on with some of the decisions. I don't know the starting OL and I'm not sure if marrone has any certainty in the decision yet. I don't know what their theory on playcalling was. I don't know that Sammy couldn't play or if it was deemed an unneeded risk.

You seem to know all of this. You also seem to know last night was a strong reflection of what to expect. No wonder you were so mad. I still have no idea why your taking goodwins tweet as such a cut to the core of your character.

Nope. Not me bruh. Not once did I say, oh the season is doomed or, oh this is what the season is going to look like based on the last game. Check my posts if you like. I'm not THAT guy. As far as being "mad" about Goodwin's tweet, dude I'm living my life man. I got a daughter, gf, two dogs, a job and rent to pay. You think I'm losing sleep over Goodwin's tweet?

Was what he said wrong? Of course (IMO). Did I tweet him? No (I don't have twitter nor do I have time for that). So basically I'm not mad. I was just discussing my opinion on how I thought what he said was wrong. I'm going to be at the home opener against the Dolphins. Am I going to boo him when he comes running out the tunnel pregame? No! Will I boo if the offense looks the way they did last game? Of course!

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I would never bother to boo a preseason game. Of course, I would never bother to go to a preseason game either.

It's funny about the 14 years of crap football. How many of the players were Bills fans during that time? Goodwin was probably a Cowboys fan, and here he has the gall to question the loyalty of a SOLD OUT stadium of fans at a preseason game.

He will be fine and get over it, but I gotta question his mental toughness.

This.

I didn’t mind the booing so much this time because it was a preseason game. But during the regular season, I shake my head when fans are booing their losing team. When you boo your losing team you are just driving another nail in your team’s coffin for that game. Booing during the game, before it is over, is not a way to help your team win. If you want them to turn it around you have to stop kicking the guy while he is down. When the regular season comes around and you actually care whether the team wins or loses, I think you would be wise to hold your boos till the end of the game.

I didn’t mind the booing so much this time because it was a preseason game. But during the regular season, I shake my head when fans are booing their losing team. When you boo your losing team you are just driving another nail in your team’s coffin for that game. Booing during the game, before it is over, is not a way to help your team win. If you want them to turn it around you have to stop kicking the guy while he is down. When the regular season comes around and you actually care whether the team wins or loses, I think you would be wise to hold your boos till the end of the game.

Disagree. These guys are professionals. If the team is giving a poor effort, they deserve to be boo'ed. If they aren't mentally tough enough, they should pick a different profession. Regardless if it was against 2nd stringers, I think the boo'ing woke up Manuel and for the 1st time I saw him finally cutting it loose.

If you had read the thread (or knew your Buffalo Bills history), you would know that this argument was completely dismantled.

During The Comeback, the Bills were booed off the field...'nuff said.

no offense, but i want to boo this post.

I'm not a big fan of booing a team. That being said, the Bills are a rock solid passionate fan base. We've been filling that stadium for 13 years without winning. Jacksonville would BEG to have fans show up to boo. Cincinnati would love to have passionate fans.

Bills players don't get to complain about booing.

I'm not a big fan of booing a team. That being said, the Bills are a rock solid passionate fan base. We've been filling that stadium for 13 years without winning. Jacksonville would BEG to have fans show up to boo. Cincinnati would love to have passionate fans.

Bills players don't get to complain about booing.

So we have the right to voice our displeasure but players don't have that right. Got it.

Did I kill your dog or something?

I have no idea who you are. I just respond to posts that I read. You said Bills players have no right to complain and implied that fans have ever right to complain with booing. I sincerely question that logic. In what way is that right or fair? In my POV, it's hypocritical. But everyone has a right to say what they want, including you, me, the players and the fans.

I have no idea who you are. I just respond to posts that I read. You said Bills players have no right to complain and implied that fans have ever right to complain with booing. I sincerely question that logic. In what way is that right or fair? In my POV, it's hypocritical. But everyone has a right to say what they want, including you, me, the players and the fans.

Bills are a product, fans are consumers. I'm not talking about free speech. The Bills should not complain about their customers. Especially considering their loyalty despite a poor product.

I think the difference is that the booing is caused by the players. Some fans are arguing that if the players just did their job and did it well, they wouldn't have to deal with boo's.

I liken it to complaining that your boss yelled at you when you screwed up. The only solution is to stop screwing up, not tell your boss to be patient and stop being mean.

You guys forget that they are people..... I'd be pissed too. Thank god the first game is an away game.

they are professional football players. There is no job where it is acceptable to publicly bash your customers. He needs to keep his cool. How about being pissed off that he is on the worst offense in the NFL.

this one was removed. what did it say?

I think the recent decades performances have warranted a good solid booing from the fans perspectives. I think that anyone that pays the price of the ticket has the right to stand and cheer or in this case jeer their team.

Look at it this way. If I performed as poorly in my job as the Bills have done for the past decade where would I be? Unemployed. I would receive a verbal warning that my performance was sub standard, then a written warning, then an official write up, then a final write up, then termination. It's up to me to do a good job, not my boss, not my coworkers, but ME.

My issue with Goodwin is he questioned the loyalty of the fans. He called us bandwagon fans. Goodwin didn't have a bad performance, but his team did. He is a part of that team. If anyone on that team (other than the defense) can look at the scoreboard and say that they did a good job then they are lying to themselves plain and simple.

Now, back to the bandwagon fans. It'd be nice to see the Bills have some bandwagon fans because that would mean the team is winning. Also it would be nice because merchandise sales would go up, ticket sales would go up, there would be more fans at away games. Winning=win/win for all involved players and fans.

they are professional football players. There is no job where it is acceptable to publicly bash your customers. He needs to keep his cool. How about being pissed off that he is on the worst offense in the NFL.

this one was removed. what did it say?

Called booing fans bandwagon fans.

Bills are a product, fans are consumers. I'm not talking about free speech. The Bills should not complain about their customers. Especially considering their loyalty despite a poor product.

Fair enough. And I can easily understand and appreciate the logic. I just don't agree with it. At all. But that's okay.

Social media, and stuff like twitter, allow fans an insight into players personal lives and feelings more than ever. Some people love Twitter, and some hate it and some just don't get it. My problem is that, like a lot of stuff, the general public is not willing to do a fair trade off. They only want good stuff to happen to them. They are unwilling to take the good with the bad, and then decide, after seeing both sides, if it is worth it or not.

Fans only want to see players say great stuff about them on Twitter. And always be so cool and friendly. But they are just people like everyone else. And you're going to get some unflattering stuff when you get a peek into people's heads and private lives. Goodwin got pissed when some people expressed their very public opinion by booing in a preseason game, and he went to his outlet, in this case twitter, to voice his displeasure. He wasn't speaking for the team or the league. He was pissed about the booing and he called people out on his platform. And, as usual, people IMO overreact. They don't want to take the downside of getting into someone's feelings at a certain time and moment, which is what twitter is.