Goodwin's tweet about fans booing

Kevin

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodwin needs to get educated about how Buffalo hasn't sniffed the playoffs since 19 - oh my jesus and that the franchise reached in the first round and put all stock in a QB who is so clueless, that he didn't even realize when the 1st quarter ended tonight.

Maybe the foolish fans should stop demanding first and second year players be perfect or the next HOF player and give them time to learn not to suck.

I think maybe having been through this drill with JP then Trent then Fitz has made people tired of paying for the same sorry results. Maybe if we were given a rebate for the waiting period there would be more patience.

It's like a restaurant that puts out bad food and people complain. They change cooks but the food still sucks. You think the customer is just supposed to shut up and eat the food anyway in hopes the food will be better year?

Edited by WotAGuy

Can you please tell me what EJ, Sammy, Mario, Goodwin, Gilmore, etc etc have to do with the past 14 years? Many of them didn't even know how to ride a bike yet, let alone play football 14 years ago.

They are NOT responsible for your 14 years of misery...maybe, just maybe, this fan base needs to not take out their frustrations of the previous regimes on this young group of prospects, which is probably the most raw talent this team has had in the last 14 years overall. Maybe, just maybe showing these young players support will help them get over the hump...and just maybe, showing them support will make them want to stay when their contracts are up and we can stop losing young talent after their rookie contracts.

You have an issue with the last 14 years, then go boo them and complain about them. Stop taking it out on the young talent trying to change the losing culture and support them through their growth to help get there.

Couldn't disagree more. When you join a company and have been a part of the culture for 1-4 years and take the money they offer you it does matter. When you don't produce you're going to hear it, either by fans or media. You take the check, you put the helmet on and take the good and the bad. Today was baaaaad. I am a glass half full guy when it comes to this team. But literally nothing went right today. Pro sports isn't like any other form of employment. You're constantly in front of the world and people outside of your family give a damn about how you progress. Booing doesn't do any good but either does crying about it. How will they respond is the best question.

Yeah, thats the mentality they want to see from the fans when they have to decide to resign here or not *sarcasm*. Bills fans have become some of the worst in football to their players. All teams deal with parts of the fan base that just moan, boo and complain constantly...but now thats become such a big part of this fan base.

Look I get it, 14 years of sucking will do that. But those 14 years have nothing to do with Goodwin, EJ, etc. Look at EJ...people want to win so bad, that they just hate him because he wasn't the guy they wanted or believe in. They don't even want to give him a chance...and don't reply with crap about todays game because the hate has been going on by the same people since his draft night.

Bills now demand every new player to be their savior, and if they aren't or aren't their yet, they just bash and hate them regardless if they still have potential or not. Why would anyone of them want to resign when their contracts up if they do become a good player? Fans didn't support them during the growing process, now all of a sudden want to jump on their band wagon once they develop.

This fan base has gotten out of control with its demands of players the last few years...I understand on one hand, but its still ridiculous.

Maybe the foolish fans should stop demanding first and second year players be perfect or the next HOF player and give them time to learn not to suck.

Every year there are new players added to the team. Every single year. So basically what you're saying is, if we don't make it to the playoffs for 300 years straight, if we lived to be over 300 years old, you want us as fans to be patient because the players who are on the team, are not the same players as the year before and the year before that and the year before that.

Think bro think. Did EJ get BOO'ed in a preseason game this bad last year? No. He earned those BOOs today and not just him. Chandler slipping which led to EJ throwing an INT, the O-line allowing the D to penetrate, EJ looking scared and fumbling then lying saying he was down when clearly he wasn't, did I mention O-line not blocking?

All I can say about you is, may God Bless your soul and Bless all of us with the same patience you have. But don't be shocked when you hear people Boo the players cuz they're not as patient as you are.

Best quote for this guy to read... and nothing more needs to be said.

Khari Wyatt@BuffaloGypsy 3h

@flashgoodwin 14 years of no playoffs, fans still show up, even for a preseason game. The Bills' have to show up too, Flash. #toughlove

The bottom line is this guy hasn't done anything to warrant him doing anything more than farting on the field so he sure as hell doesn't have room to say anything off of it. He is a good player and can make a difference but he doesn't need to worry about the fans because we are not their for him, we are their for the team.

I can't believe fans were booing when they should be cheering on their team. Chandler falls, EJ throws an interception, "YAAAAAYYYY!. Spiller fumbles, "YAAAAAYYY!!". EJ sacked, fumble, Tampa Bay touchdown, "YAAAAAAYYY!!!". C Glenn illegal use of hands makes it 1st and 20, E Pears holding 1st and 30, F Jackson run up the middle for loss of 5 to make it 2nd and 35, EJ Manuel illegal pass, 3rd and 40, short pass and punt, "YAAAAAAYYY!!!!". The fans need to support their team. :rolleyes: Give me a break.

In Goodwin's twitter profile he describes himself as "God's Prodigy"

I am pretty sure that means he might be a bit self-centered. He must think that the reason we have a sold out preseason game is that after 14 years of no playoffs the Bills jumped onto the Flash Goodwin's God's Prodigy bandwagon, and then I guess jumped off mid-way through the game.

he's lucky the starting offense wasn't arrested for impersonating a NFL team at the half.

Funny. Some of you all make me laugh out loud.

Best quote for this guy to read... and nothing more needs to be said.

The bottom line is this guy hasn't done anything to warrant him doing anything more than farting on the field so he sure as hell doesn't have room to say anything off of it. He is a good player and can make a difference but he doesn't need to worry about the fans because we are not their for him, we are their for the team.

I read his tweet too. Right on. I was there with my family tonight, and my kids were so disappointed by the zero points in the first half. How is the team going to win fans of the future? My kids want to root for the Bills, they do, because they see me rooting, but they have to do more than whine about their fans when THEIR PERFORMANCE IS POOR, especially when fans are paying for to watch the game. I want my kids to be Bills fans. I want to cheer for them! I don't want to boo, but what are we supposed to do?

Can you please tell me what EJ, Sammy, Mario, Goodwin, Gilmore, etc etc have to do with the past 14 years? Many of them didn't even know how to ride a bike yet, let alone play football 14 years ago.

They are NOT responsible for your 14 years of misery...maybe, just maybe, this fan base needs to not take out their frustrations of the previous regimes on this young group of prospects, which is probably the most raw talent this team has had in the last 14 years overall. Maybe, just maybe showing these young players support will help them get over the hump...and just maybe, showing them support will make them want to stay when their contracts are up and we can stop losing young talent after their rookie contracts.

You have an issue with the last 14 years, then go boo them and complain about them. Stop taking it out on the young talent trying to change the losing culture and support them through their growth to help get there.

I wonder if you noticed that the guy calling out the Bills' fans, the guy who has done very little in his time on the Bills, and one of the guys you claim is trying to change the culture in Buffalo has a Twitter page with him in his Texas uniform? Who the hell is he to question any Buffalo fan when being on the Bills apparently doesn't mean squat to him.

Funny. Some of you all make me laugh out loud.

I read his tweet too. Right on. I was there with my family tonight, and my kids were so disappointed by the zero points in the first half. How is the team going to win fans of the future? My kids want to root for the Bills, they do, because they see me rooting, but they have to do more than whine about their fans when THEIR PERFORMANCE IS POOR, especially when fans are paying for to watch the game. I want my kids to be Bills fans. I want to cheer for them! I don't want to boo, but what are we supposed to do?

My 12 year old daughter is a Niner fan. I'm not going to stop her. She's smarter than me anyway.

I wonder if you noticed that the guy calling out the Bills' fans, the guy who has done very little in his time on the Bills, and one of the guys you claim is trying to change the culture in Buffalo has a Twitter page with him in his Texas uniform? Who the hell is he to question any Buffalo fan when being on the Bills apparently doesn't mean squat to him.

Yup.

Texas ain't Buffalo. It's a hell hole little crap stain on the map. Steve Johnson, love him or hate him, loved Buffalo. Still posts how much he loved the fans, still embraces our culture and all we encompass. We're a bunch of blue collar white honky's in SJ13's world of hip hop bling bling life style but if he could fit in with us than I don't know why Mr Gimp Texas can't settle in just fine here.

Everything is bigger in Texas, including the D-bags. Houston sucks.

Jeez.

I feel bad for the guy now.

Why? It's Twitter and means what? I think it's only his body that's fragile

Only an idiot would be dumb enough to go on Twitter and call out fans like that and not expect some backlash so I'm sure he'll be ok

Dixon comes off as a whiner who likes to shift blame to other people for his failures "you guys should have been louder." Goodwin comes off as a whiny bum. Why should anyone cheer for losers? This isn't pop warner where you get cheers for effort. Fans are plunking down grownup ticket prices for parking and seats, they are not required to make losers feel like winners. If you play like garbage, you should feel like garbage.

This thread really sums up the Bills experience throughout this century. There is just aline of rot throughout this organization, players change but the same results. The only thing that hasn't changed will change in a few more weeks/months.

Part of this rebuild has been to get rid of the mental midgets and get players who are used to winning to help change the culture of losing. Goodwin and Dixon are not helping the cause....

"Next one who tweets about this team without me knowing is sitting."

- Marrone

Would that work?

Depends what you are trying to solve. Was goodwins tweet something that truly needs to be fixed? What problem did it cause the team, besides fans on here posting?

It's funny how this board wants attitude and players that'll speak their minds but are beating Goodwin up for saying that it sucks that the fans aren't in their corner right now. It's a preseason game in August. It was ugly, but it's got to feel pretty rough in the locker room when the fans are already heckling you before the first game of the season. I get the frustration but putting 14 years on guys that have been here 2-3 years, or 2-3 months is a tough spot for the players.

Hopefully it lights a positive fire instead of fueling disfunction

Edited by NoSaint

"Next one who tweets about this team without me knowing is sitting."

- Marrone

Would that work?

Marrone is going to get all Parcells & Coughlin on their asses...

Depends what you are trying to solve. Was goodwins tweet something that truly needs to be fixed? What problem did it cause the team, besides fans on here posting?

It's funny how this board wants attitude and players that'll speak their minds but are beating Goodwin up for saying that it sucks that the fans aren't in their corner right now. It's a preseason game in August. It was ugly, but it's got to feel pretty rough in the locker room when the fans are already heckling you before the first game of the season. I get the frustration but putting 14 years on guys that have been here 2-3 years, or 2-3 months is a tough spot for the players.

Hopefully it lights a positive fire instead of fueling disfunction

I felt this way for a little bit tonight, but they are athletes. Have they never ever been booed for a bad performance? Have they never ever watched or been to another sporting event were the fans booed their team?

I just can't let them off of the hook. Everyone has been booed. Kelly got booed all the time, hell fans even chanted Collins, Collins...