Aug 24 - Cancelling NFL Ticket

NFL Ticket  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Based on what we have seen from offense so far, should I cancel NFL Ticket for 2014-2015?

• YES
    • NO
    • I PUNCH MYSELF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I base my decisions on whether or not I'll watch the Bills play according to their performance during preseason."

-- said no fan, ever

More like, everything is increasingly getting close to the straw that broke the camel's back... it gets tougher and tougher every year.

Funny, I was just asking myself the same question. I live in Colorado, and really, am I going to give up a weekend in the mountains to sit at home every Sunday at 11:00 my time to watch the Bills go 5-11? (Yeah, I probably will. That's the depressing part of it. The Bills suck. I watch them. What does that make me?)

a fan. When they finally perform well, it will be on the the best sporting experiences ever. I'm a Bills and Pirates fan. NEVER EVER thought I would see the Pirates in a playoff game, much less win one. That wildcard game last October was perhaps the best sports environment I've ever been in (was unable to go to the early 90's AFC Championship wins by the Bills). I expect that we will be having a big party when the Bills win a playoff game, then another, and then the SB!!! (eventually, don't see it happening until a QB comes in or EJ further develops)

Typically, expectations among Bills fans are sky high as we get ready for the season opener in less than 2 weeks. Usually lots of excuses for poor pre-season performance with things like vanilla offense, not game-planning, hiding stuff, new receivers, new coaches, new system, etc. This year not so much. Maybe that's a good contrary indicator? Sometimes when you see capitulation, people giving up and throwing in the towel, it's a sign we've reached rock bottom and are on the way up. Maybe we get a pleasant surprise for once? If any fanbase deserves a break its us Bills fans.

I'm keeping Sunday Ticket. If I tried to cancel it my wife would get all over me about it and tell me I'm not much of a fan if I'm giving up before the season even starts. She watches the games too and at times is more devoted than I am to the Bills. I still haven't decided if having you wife like football and wanting to watch games on Sunday from 1 PM through to the night game is a good thing or not. Guess it's better than the guys that get married and find out their new wife hates watching sports and just 'faked' it when they were dating!

not sure how a wife that likes to watch football could ever be a bad thing. Unless....well, just wait for the end. And I this is intended as a joke of course :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G89XM8Fqd84

First off, call direct TV and ask for a better price. I got over half off sticker price plus another $10 off my bill per month. Then start playing fantasy football. That will more than justify the subscription.

Save that money, and go to the bar to watch the game. You're gonna need that money for alcohol.

Seriously though, I personally find it cheaper to go to the local Bills Backers bar and watch the game. Granted I don't drink too much. I subscribe to Center Ice for the Sabres, but that's because that's half the price of Sunday Ticket, 5 times as many games, and it's imposible to find a bar in Texas to turn on hockey. There's one hockey bar 45 mins from my house.

One can be a Bills fan and not be blind to the fact that they simply suck, have sucked and will continue to suck until the culture of failure is broken at OBD. New owner, completely new administration, new on-field staff who seek the same thing: Winning games. Currently, the organization is focused on objectives that are at odds with the fans.

Gotcha, that's called being a fair weather or band wagon fan. Want to watch when they are good, but don't if they aren't what you expect. I'm a fan, die hard fan, win or lose and I've never even been to Buffalo. If they win one game or win 16 games I am still a fan. I want to see how young players are doing even if we aren't wining games. I want to see why win or lose, not just make up false assumptions looking at a stat sheet.

GO BILLS!!!! I'm here, good or bad and I not only have the NFL package, I have 3 TVs (two 48" for other games and a 60" for the Bills game) set up in my living room alone. I will be there every week with my jersey, hat, and lots of beer in case they suck.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Save that money, and go to the bar to watch the game. You're gonna need that money for alcohol.

Seriously though, I personally find it cheaper to go to the local Bills Backers bar and watch the game. Granted I don't drink too much. I subscribe to Center Ice for the Sabres, but that's because that's half the price of Sunday Ticket, 5 times as many games, and it's imposible to find a bar in Texas to turn on hockey. There's one hockey bar 45 mins from my house.

so you can go to a sports bar every week and pay less than 20$ a week in gas, travel time and food and drinks??? Plus with Sunday ticket it's not just about watching the Bills it's about choosing what other games that day ya want to watch.

so you can go to a sports bar every week and pay less than 20$ a week in gas, travel time and food and drinks??? Plus with Sunday ticket it's not just about watching the Bills it's about choosing what other games that day ya want to watch.

and in the comfort of your home without any idiots to bother you....plus Red Zone Channel during commercials

Ends up costing about 30 bucks. But that does include some food and drink. I also carpool to the bar with other Bills Backers. I'd also like to follow up that my opinion is biased as I work for one of DirecTv's competitors.

and in the comfort of your home without any idiots to bother you....plus Red Zone Channel during commercials

I'd rather go out and interact with people during the game. I also go to a Bills backers bar. Its fun for transplants to get together with fellow Buffalo born folks and watch the Bills and talk.

I couldn't not watch.... no matter how bad we suck. Although "NFL Game Pass" is the international equivalent I think of the NFL Ticket you guys have.... my subscription has been renewed and I'm looking forward (kind of) to the season. I'll end up watching loads of non-Bills games as well... Sunday nights are only fun during the NFL season... and sometimes the games they choose for live TV coverage over here are crap. I like having the choice of watching whichever game I choose at the "other" kick off time.

They are still watchable, competitive and entertaining in enough of the games to make it worth it for me and definitely showed some improvement last season.

start talking about a 3 or 4 win season or less kind of team and it's a no go.