We don't have so much a QB problem as an O-line problem.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at what Pats, Broncos, Seahawks did this past weekend -- no team gives up their secrets in pre-season, but good teams execute basic plays and get in sync in pre-season --- you especially want to see that in a team that is suppose to be on the upswing

I agree. And execution starts with the O-line. And BTW I don't believe you re-watched the game.

Funny how you rarely hear OL complaints from teams with good QBs.

How many good QBs play behind bad lines?

I agree. And execution starts with the O-line. And BTW I don't believe you re-watched the game.

Sorry, I re-watched EVERY offensive play the Bills ran with EJ. I could care less about Dixon, Tuel and the defense at this point. We have a QB problem, WAKE UP !!

Matt Ryan

Andrew Luck

Matt Stafford

Aaron Rodgers

All those QBs play behind below average to bad OLs IMO. Green Bay's has been especially atrocious over the past few years, same with ATL.

Marrone and Hackett seem to be of the view that they can win with execution, not scheme. Given the youth of the offensive personnel, the hubris of that approach is absolutely startling.

McCown was 13 of 16. What are you talking about?

Right. When he had time he connected.

Is it reasonable to throw a line together for a few practices and expect them to perform at a high level in game conditions? They need more snaps together for the sake of continuity and to allow the offense to perform to its potential. I hope the starters play on Thursday vs the Lions.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Matt Ryan

Andrew Luck

Matt Stafford

Aaron Rodgers

All those QBs play behind below average to bad OLs IMO. Green Bay's has been especially atrocious over the past few years, same with ATL.

Please tell me I don't have to watch Archie Manning again.

I watched every bad EJ play in slow-mo to see where the breakdown occurred. Almost every time he's on the verge of being sacked or has a rusher in his face. Miraculously in the second half he is nearly prefect on two TD drives. So if he's so incapable how does he pull that off? Maybe he had more time? How accurate did McCown look when he was pressured?

Wow, just wow.

NFL QBs need to make plays regardless of the pressure. I don't know which is worse the excuses for EJ or the excuses for Gilmore.

All you see is the end result, not how it happens.

EJ played poorly in the first half. He played poorly, accept it. The line was bad, I'll give you that, but so was EJ, even when he had time. Watch his throws, watch his reads and watch his decision making, it was awful.

I'd love to think a light bulb went on at halftime, but, it was against the 2nd string, so I don't put much faith in it. He looked good against the 2nd team, but we don't play against the 2nd team.

Only two ranked below the Bills, Atlanta and Indy's.

https://www.profootb...-line-rankings/

Funny how OL rankings are so varied by who is doing them. I've seen people rank GB's really high and really low. Shows it depends heaving on who is ranking them.

Ex: http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/ol

GB is #26 on that list in pass blocking, and #5 on the list you linked.

Shows it's not that easy to evaluate OL play.

Personally, I tend to agree with the OL rankings here, which match up close with what I said: http://subscribers.f...e=bitolrank2014

Edited by BlueFire