We don't have so much a QB problem as an O-line problem.

EJ played poorly in the first half. He played poorly, accept it. The line was bad, I'll give you that, but so was EJ, even when he had time. Watch his throws, watch his reads and watch his decision making, it was awful.

I'd love to think a light bulb went on at halftime, but, it was against the 2nd string, so I don't put much faith in it. He looked good against the 2nd team, but we don't play against the 2nd team.

I wish we could view tape together so I can show you what I'm seeing. Although you probably wouldn't see it.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just wow.

NFL QBs need to make plays regardless of the pressure. I don't know which is worse the excuses for EJ or the excuses for Gilmore.

And unicorns should be real, but they aren't. QBs can't make throws through solid objects. They can't make plays when they are on the ground.

How terribly condescending

Not intended that way. Just mean that he is married to his opinion.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I wish we could view tape together so I can show you what I'm seeing. Although you probably wouldn't see it.

I've been a scout (college) and coach (high school), I know how to look at film. What your missing is that your QB is expected to make the right reads to help get the ball out faster when the protection breaks down. What you see from EJ is that he hasn't yet gotten comfortable enough to put his offense into situations to reduce the need for more time. The best way to explain it is to look at Fitz -- if nothing else, Fitz was able to read and react and get the ball out and make up for the offensive line. Good QB's do that -- study Brees, Brady and Manning, they are all masters at it. You can't expect your O Line to always give you a clean pocket

Funny how OL rankings are so varied by who is doing them. I've seen people rank GB's really high and really low. Shows it depends heaving on who is ranking them.

Ex: http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/ol

GB is #26 on that list in pass blocking, and #5 on the list you linked.

Shows it's not that easy to evaluate OL play.

Personally, I tend to agree with the OL rankings here, which match up close with what I said: http://subscribers.f...e=bitolrank2014

That's a list for the up coming season that hasn't happened yet, another words a guess. Mine was from a last season and was based off of real true games.

That's a list for the up coming season that hasn't happened yet, another words a guess. Mine was from a last season and was based off of real true games.

The one that I linked showing an opposite ranking for GB was from last season too.

I won't sit here with a straight face and tell you the OL is a wall out there, but the QB holds this offense back far more than the OL. Glenn is just getting back, the young guys(Seantrel) should get better as the season progresses as well. EJ just isn't showing ANYTHING right now, the same complaints FSU fans gave me back in 2011 Bills fans are giving me now.

I won't sit here with a straight face and tell you the OL is a wall out there, but the QB holds this offense back far more than the OL. Glenn is just getting back, the young guys(Seantrel) should get better as the season progresses as well. EJ just isn't showing ANYTHING right now, the same complaints FSU fans gave me back in 2011 Bills fans are giving me now.

This is the type of comment that just isn't true.

EJ just isn't showing ANYTHING right now, the same complaints FSU fans gave me back in 2011 Bills fans are giving me now.

This is why I am so down on him. I saw him his whole college career and he was the same Qb he is now.

People blaming today on his o line- he was the same player with fla state's o line. It's all the same underwhelming crap. I didn't like him predraft and prayed I was wrong when the Bills took him but I don't see it.

This is the type of comment that just isn't true.

Oh, please, enlighten me. What exactly have you seen from him that makes you confident he can be the guy moving forward? Granted, your sample size(10 games) isn't large, but, WHAT have you seen? I thought Mike Glennon looked better than EJ last year, and Tampa replaced him.

I've been a scout (college) and coach (high school), I know how to look at film. What your missing is that your QB is expected to make the right reads to help get the ball out faster when the protection breaks down. What you see from EJ is that he hasn't yet gotten comfortable enough to put his offense into situations to reduce the need for more time. The best way to explain it is to look at Fitz -- if nothing else, Fitz was able to read and react and get the ball out and make up for the offensive line. Good QB's do that -- study Brees, Brady and Manning, they are all masters at it. You can't expect your O Line to always give you a clean pocket

Hmmm... This just in THOSE ARE THE TOP THREE ACTIVE QBs IN THE GAME AND ARE PROBABLY ALL TOP TEN ALL TIME. They have started 186, 193, 240 games respectfully compared to 10 for EJ. Just so you know, I'll let you in on a little secret, the game plan for two out of the three QB,s is to do what Tampa did today, quick pressure up the middle.

Oh, please, enlighten me. What exactly have you seen from him that makes you confident he can be the guy moving forward? Granted, your sample size(10 games) isn't large, but, WHAT have you seen? I thought Mike Glennon looked better than EJ last year, and Tampa replaced him.

You're right. EJ has never made a good throw or made a correct read in the NFL. Everything he's done has been wrong...Everything! He's shown nothing!!!

You're right. EJ has never made a good throw or made a correct read in the NFL. Everything he's done has been wrong...Everything! He's shown nothing!!!

If this is your logic then you would have thought Ryan Leaf was on the right track as well

Yet not the least bit out of character.

The argument could have some merit if EJ managed a TD against a first string defense. Plus he's had one extra week of camp.

He still looks too mechanical out there and does not yet have the instinct. Perfect example was the illegal forward pass. Too indecisive on the play and ended up making a very bad play. It's plays like that which don't appear on the start sheet, but when you see them live, you continue to scratch your head.

I'll buy that. But today the Bills ran such a limited playbook that no one had separation by the time the rushers reached EJ. I suppose if he was a better QB he'd drill the ball into a tight window. But he's still learning and he's probably told to avoid turnovers at all cost, so he doesn't risk those throws.

Yet not the least bit out of character.

Read my reply to that accusation.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If this is your logic then you would have thought Ryan Leaf was on the right track as well

My logic is that he's an inconsistent, young NFL QB who still needs quite a bit of development. Typical of most inexperienced QBs at the NFL level. Hyperbole in either direction is not justified at this juncture.

Tim Tebow threw a couple dimes in his stint in the NFL, too. That's all it takes? A handful of good plays spread out over 10 games? I hope he ends up being great, like i said, the sample size is small. However, he's shown us nothing.

My logic is that he's an inconsistent, young NFL QB who still needs quite a bit of development. Typical of most inexperienced QBs at the NFL level. Hyperbole in either direction is not justified at this juncture.

You know, let the pantywad brigade burn the town down. It's time to party for them when the Bill's look bad. Notice they vanish after a good game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot