We don't have so much a QB problem as an O-line problem.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the O-line throw the ball at the feet, over the head, and behind WRs?? Sorry...Manuel's accuracy is horrid.

You are making my point. Most of his bad throws happen when his protection breaks down.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

At this point, with all due respect PTR, we have a lot of problems. The O-Line is a problem, but so is the QB, the DL, the LB unit, the TE's, special teams, hell, at this point I am far from satisfied in our RB's.

We have a lot of problems. I am very concerned for the future success of this team because I cannot be optimistic; and those who know my history know that is saying something. This is the first year in 4 or 5 years where I do not think we can finish .500.

What game did you watch? When he had time to throw his accuracy stunk! Plus he looks terribly slow and has zero pocket presence.

Maybe you had a few too many during the game? Don't blame you if you did - It will be the only way to survive watching this team this season..........

Edited by Azucho98

At this point, with all due respect PTR, we have a lot of problems. The O-Line is a problem, but so is the QB, the DL, the LB unit, the TE's, special teams, hell, at this point I am far from satisfied in our RB's.

We have a lot of problems. I am very concerned for the future success of this team because I cannot be optimistic; and those who know my history know that is saying something. This is the first year in 4 or 5 years where I do not think we can finish .500.

The D-line is fine but they got worn down by the end of the half. And Buddy Greco should consider watching the entire game, not just the end result of EJ's throws. There's a lot going on you are missing.

What game did you watch? When he had time to throw his accuracy stunk! Plus he looks terribly slow and has zero pocket presence.

Maybe you had a few too many during the game?

Who completed all those throws in the second half? The difference was EJ had time and no rushers in his face when throwing.

The D-line is fine but they got worn down by the end of the half. And Buddy Greco should consider watching the entire game, not just the end result of EJ's throws. There's a lot going on you are missing.

Who completed all those throws in the second half? The difference was EJ had time and no rushers in his face when throwing.

Well, the prevent D and second-stringers were also differences.

I saw big holes in that DL, man. I didn't see anyone pushed around, I saw big running lanes and I know that is because of the Schwartz D but we do not have the LB's to support big lanes.

We had a successful run d today, I was satisfied with it. But, I do not like what I am seeing overall.

Really, can you explain a bit? Other parts I agree

Edited by nucci

When we keep moving people around we won't have a solid unit. Glenn just came back, Cyril had to start apparently at the last minute, Pears just moved to RG this week. Don't get me wrong, they were terrible, but I see why.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to get thru the day.

Want to go over some tape with me?

He completed the throws against Tampa's second string D! - did you see the out to Robert Woods that was over his head? Woods had to jump high to make the catch!

Not saying he's 100% accurate. Saying the O-line made things worse. If he's inaccurate then he's inaccurate all day, not just one half.

Well when you take into account that this is the first game back for Glenn after practicing one whole week. Then you take a rookie who's played all of training camp at left tackle, start him to RT with all of one week of practice. Then as a result of that move, now you move a guy who's played tackle the past couple of years into guard. On top of that you have a last minute scratch at the other guard position and start your rookie 2nd round pick who's looked shaky at best all of training camp. But hey we do have an experienced center!

So I do feel that lets give the O-line the next two weeks of practice before I'd agree wit hyou about hem looking real weak.

Really, can you explain a bit? Other parts I agree

see above partially.

The LB unit is supposed to be involved in the passing game and at least not exposed on passing plays. Last year we weren't. We had a great LB unit against the pass. Against the run, not so much. This preseason against the run we're pretty good but the pass just looks awful. Bradham is getting better every snap, I see, but it's not going to be enough, not when running lanes are a mile wide and not when we are a DL with Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus in the middle. Dareus is one hell of a DT, and Kyle Williams ain't no slouch. But, both of them just do not do well against the run and holding the middle up - especially goal line.

Goal line run is awful. And if you can't stop the run in the redzone you're going to lose every game.

Our offensive woes today started with failures on the O-line, in both pass and run blocking. We are so focused on what EJ is doing we completely miss the eff-ups up front.

Consider this . Pears has been playing RT for years . Henderson has been playing at LT all pre season long back to OTAs.

C Williams is the starting guard who did not start and Glenn is rusted up pretty good.

Sure they made a alot of errors , but those were easily forgiven due to lack of reps as a whole. saw some great push and some nice pulls today. they will get better quickly now that Glenn is back

see above partially.

The LB unit is supposed to be involved in the passing game and at least not exposed on passing plays. Last year we weren't. We had a great LB unit against the pass. Against the run, not so much. This preseason against the run we're pretty good but the pass just looks awful. Bradham is getting better every snap, I see, but it's not going to be enough, not when running lanes are a mile wide and not when we are a DL with Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus in the middle. Dareus is one hell of a DT, and Kyle Williams ain't no slouch. But, both of them just do not do well against the run and holding the middle up - especially goal line.

Goal line run is awful. And if you can't stop the run in the redzone you're going to lose every game.

Notice that the Bucs were targeting WR's covered by LBs. I think they scored two TDs that way.

Consider this . Pears has been playing RT for years . Henderson has been playing at LT all pre season long back to OTAs.

C Williams is the starting guard who did not start and Glenn is rusted up pretty good.

Sure they made a alot of errors , but those were easily forgiven due to lack of reps as a whole. saw some great push and some nice pulls today. they will get better quickly now that Glenn is back

Well couple that with the limited playbook. EJ was pressured or had to throw around rushers. Meanwhile when McCown had all freakin' day he made plays.