This team is far better then SOME think

HOUSE

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know preseason doesn't mean much, but I'd like to see a young team trying to get it together gain some confidence by putting up some meaningless points. It's just hard for me to envision a team that can't get it done in scrimmage to all of a sudden turn it on in the game.

Bills didn't miss a beat last year when Thad came in...

he did fine. Won 2 of 5 games, one loss he played in NO where no one wins and with busted ribs, one loss he would have won if the D and ST were not so terrible (Cincy). I think he played well enough to win 3. This year I have no idea, considering his camp woes.

I think the main reason for the outside fan base disdain for this season is simply because there are still so many "IF's" associated with this team.

"IF" the O line comes together! "IF" the run game finally becomes dominate! "IF" the coaching staff utilizes its players properly! "IF" those first three things work, and EJ is allowed to settle himself into some confidence. Thus developing into a top 15 QB. "IF" the defense can stop the pass, and run successfully!

Lots-0-"IF's". Still 9-7 could easily be attained should things work out. IMO

he did fine. Won 2 of 5 games, one loss he played in NO where no one wins and with busted ribs, one loss he would have won if the D and ST were not so terrible (Cincy). I think he played well enough to win 3. This year I have no idea, considering his camp woes.

I think we covered this in the Shoutbox, but for the record, we can't blame the D for the Cinci game without giving them most (if not all) of the credit for the two Miami wins. One was a shutout, one involved a defensive TD and turnovers that lead to 10 points (including the game-winning FG).

I know I'm in the minority, but I think both the backup QBs are horrible, and I find that to be the one thing I don't like about what Whaley has done with the roster.

I think we covered this in the Shoutbox, but for the record, we can't blame the D for the Cinci game without giving them most (if not all) of the credit for the two Miami wins. One was a shutout, one involved a defensive TD and turnovers that lead to 10 points (including the game-winning FG).

I know I'm in the minority, but I think both the backup QBs are horrible, and I find that to be the one thing I don't like about what Whaley has done with the roster.

they are currently both horrible that's for sure. I hope to only see them horribly holding a clipboard though so it won't matter.

True that.

But not long to wait. Tomorrows game should give us a good indication of what this team really has.

Let me preface this by saying that you're a good poster and I don't mean this as a diss...

Why tomorrow's game of all games? If they play really well and light it up, it won't mean a darn thing.

To me, the first 4-6 weeks of the season will tell us what this team has, not another meaningless game.

Know what I mean?

they are currently both horrible that's for sure. I hope to only see them horribly holding a clipboard though so it won't matter.

Oh now let's be fair, Tuel is an excellent clipboard holder.

I agree.

10-6 is reasonable.

Unlike past rosters, this team has viable players at every position with depth.

The Bills face one of the softest pass schedules in 2014 and the Bills face one of the easiest run schedules.

No excuses, only an end to an era of mediocrity.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

This is the third year in a row I've heard this team has talent for the first time in 15 years.

It wasn't me....

What can I say ?

All I am saying here, is this is not the teams from the last 15 years, those teams had no depth and eventually failed.

This is NOT the same animal.

I am sticking by my prediction. EJ Manuel Should be much better by mid season, he is technically still a rookie.

We don't need Johnny U to win, just some average quarterbacking.

I have seen many team win championships with Defense alone.

The doom and Gloom is over rated

I am sticking by my prediction. EJ Manuel Should be much better by mid season, he is technically still a rookie.

We don't need Johnny U to win, just some average quarterbacking.

I have seen many team win championships with Defense alone.

The doom and Gloom is over rated

Let's say EJ completes 60% of his passes, goes for 3500 yards (225 per game) and has a TD/INT ratio of 24/12. And he plays no fewer than 14 games.

This team WILL go 10-6 minimum with that QB play. It is the most talented team they have had in fifteen years. And frankly, last year might have been the 2nd most talented team. This team has more depth.