Guffalo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how bad we suck

Couldn't even crack the top 10

These lists are almost always ridiculous and made, for the most part, to generate attention and discussion.

Blatant problems with the list include:

Patriot* fans don't belong on a top 10 list. They were non-existent before the Marsha-Belicheat era. Let's see how they react to a period of sucking before we anoint them as great fans.

Steeler fans are too low here. From my experience they are probably second to Packer fans around the country, and actually there are likely more Steeler fans.

Ravens, Colts and Seahawks? Please.

Raider fans deserve a place on this list, despite their buffoonery

Obviously Bills and Chief fans belong in the top 5. .

Forbes has no idea how to do these things. Nor do they care, really.

Edited by The Dean

These lists are almost always ridiculous and made, for the most part, to generate attention and discussion.

Patriot* fans don't belong on a top 10 list. They were non-existent before the Marsha-Belicheat era. Let's see how they react to a period of sucking before we anoint them as great fans.

Steeler fans are too low here. From my experience they are probably second to Packer fans around the country, and actually there are likely more Steeler fans.

Forbes has become the Bleacher Report of business websites. Shallow popularity lists formatted for maximum advertising coverage.

It's a b.s. methodology. No Bills or Chiefs in the top 10 is absolutely ridiculous.

+1

put this article in the dumbass comment category.

I'm sick of the BS Forbes "news" this past week.

You can't base fans love & devotion to their team on a $ figure,

when Brady leaves ..... just wait and see how fast their fans jump ship.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I can respect the inclusion of Hawks fans as I have been witness to their loyalty as a 18 year Pacific Northwest resident. However, not including the Chiefs or Bills fans has made this a joke

I have no doubt Seahawks fans are terrific. But to make a list like this I think you have to have a national fan base. In other words, are there Seahawks bars all over the country? Do they show up in force for road games on the East Coast? If so, perhaps they belong. Because Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs, Browns and Bills fans (I probably missed a fan base or two) seem to be everywhere. And this is in good times and in bad.

What would your criteria be? A few Raiders fans wear goofy outfits so they should be higher? You see people outside of Pittsburgh with Steelers jerseys, so they should be higher? How would you quantify all this?

NE has sold out their stadium since 1994 (including preseason games). They sold out the stadium when they were 6-10, 8-8, 5-11. That was for 7 years before they knew who Brady was..

Ravens fanbase is pretty awesome actually. Game in that stadium is pretty cool, i have been there every time the Bills have played and it is just a great experience. I think after what they went through, they will always to loyal and very thenkful to have a team.

And i agree on the Raiders fans...prolly more of them nationwide than other other team....and Bills, Raiders and Brown fans have had a tough row to hoe the last 10-15 years...and all are loyal as they come.

We all know the Pats fan will be disguised as empty seats the moment the Belichek retires

Edited by plenzmd1

What would your criteria be? A few Raiders fans wear goofy outfits so they should be higher? You see people outside of Pittsburgh with Steelers jerseys, so they should be higher? How would you quantify all this?

NE has sold out their stadium since 1994 (including preseason games). They sold out the stadium when they were 6-10, 8-8, 5-11. That was for 7 years before they knew who Brady was..

They had the lowest attendance level in the NFL in 1994 and hold the record for consecutive blackouts at 17 games

They had the lowest attendance level in the NFL in 1994 and hold the record for consecutive blackouts at 17 games

The streak started in '94. No blackouts since. Years before Brady/Bellichick--in fact, it started after change in ownership...

Edited by Mr. WEO

My methodology is strictly qualitative on this one. I live in Boston during the lean years. More people identified themselves as NY Giants fans rather than Pats* fans. And is speaking with sports bar folks all over the country, they confirmed there were few, if any, Pats* fans there to watch on Sunday. Now of course, they are everywhere. Boston has a lot of people spread all over the country. Sox fan are out, win or lose. But until I see these Pats* fans (since 2001!) after a few years of losing, I remain skeptical.

Again, I don't put much stock in how the team sells out, except for when you have a very good team and can't sell your seats. But a good team typically sells out and sells a lot of merch. Show me a team that has sucked for a few years and then we'll look at the shape of the fan base. Do Bills fans still crowd the North Star in SF and McFaddens in NYC every year? (There are more examples, these are just two) Admittedly, the crowd dwindles near the end of the year if the team isn't competitive, but next year they will be back.

Forbes is the kind of rag that rewards recent success--the worst of the bandwagon jumpers. You strike me as the same.

Ravens fanbase is pretty awesome actually. Game in that stadium is pretty cool, i have been there every time the Bills have played and it is just a great experience. I think after what they went through, they will always to loyal and very thenkful to have a team.

And i agree on the Raiders fans...prolly more of them nationwide than other other team....and Bills, Raiders and Brown fans have had a tough row to hoe the last 10-15 years...and all are loyal as they come.

We all know the Pats fan will be disguised as empty seats the moment the Belichek retires

Perhaps the Ravens have some great fans. Bmore is a pretty good sports town. But the Ravens have been quite good for a few years. When they go through a long drought, if I see Ravens fans at bars in SF, LA, Florida, etc, then I will agree they deserve top 10 status.

Edited by The Dean

My methodology is strictly qualitative on this one. I live in Boston during the lean years. More people identified themselves as NY Giants fans rather than Pats* fans. And is speaking with sports bar folks all over the country, they confirmed there were few, if any, Pats* fans there to watch on Sunday. Now of course, they are everywhere. Boston has a lot of people spread all over the country. Sox fan are out, win or lose. But until I see these Pats* fans (since 2001!) after a few years of losing, I remain skeptical.

Again, I don't put much stock in how the team sells out, except for when you have a very good team and can't sell your seats. But a good team typically sells out and sells a lot of merch. Show me a team that has sucked for a few years and then we'll look at the shape of the fan base. Do Bills fans still crowd the North Star in SF and McFaddens in NYC every year? (There are more examples, these are just two) Admittedly, the crowd dwindles near the end of the year if the team isn't competitive, but next year they will be back.

I've already shown you that the pats streak began when Kraft bought the team. Had nothing to do with Brady. And the streak continued when they sucked. How is that bandwagon?

Also, "qualitatively" I would say that 90% of the "Raiders fans" rocking Raiders gear outside of Oakland have never watched more than a game a year. They are wearing it as a fashion statement--like most Yankees or Red Sox "fans" do.