Practice Squad Eligible Bills

The Dean

Per Chris Brown:

The first list identifies what players are eligible under the original designation of practice squad player. These are the players who could make up the first eight spots.

QB – Dennis Dixon

RB – Ronnie Wingo

WR – Caleb Holley, Chris Summers, Sammy Watkins

TE – Dominique Jones

OL – Seantrel Henderson, Cyrus Kouandjio, Macky MacPherson, Antoine McClain, Cyril Richardson, J.J. ‘Unga, Jared Wheeler

DE – Ike Igbinosun, Bryan Johnson, Jacquies Smith

DT – Stefan Charles, Damien Jacobs

LBs – Xavius Boyd, Preston Brown, Jimmy Gaines, Randell Johnson, Ty Powell

CBs – Ross Cockrell, Sam Miller, Bobby Felder, Kamaal McIlwain

S – Derek Brim, Deon Broomfield, JaJuan Harley, Kenny Ladler, Jonathan Meeks

K/P – Jake Dombrowski, Dustin Hopkins

This second list is the group of players who could fill the two spots on the practice squad by having two accrued NFL seasons or being active for less than nine regular season games in any of their accrued NFL seasons.

QB – EJ Manuel, Jeff Tuel

RB/FB – Bryce Brown, Evan Rodriguez, Frank Summers

WR – Marquise Goodwin, T.J. Graham, Chris Hogan, Naaman Roosevelt, Robert Woods

TE – Chris Gragg

OL – Cordy Glenn, Chris Hairston

DT – Corbin Bryant

LBs – Kiko Alonso, Nigel Bradham

CBs – Ron Brooks, Stephon Gilmore, Nickell Robey

S – Duke Williams

Edited by The Dean

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IR Hopkins.

I can't believe Dixon can go to PS?!?

Too bad we could not do that to Koujibalabanana

Wingo and at of those safeties would be good.

From the 2nd list maybe Duke Williams because of Cockrell.

I am all about PSing Hogan until someone is IRd or no longer needed. Goodwin gets hurt just painting his toenails.

IR Hopkins.

I can't believe Dixon can go to PS?!?

Too bad we could not do that to Koujibalabanana

Wingo and at of those safeties would be good.

From the 2nd list maybe Duke Williams because of Cockrell.

I am all about PSing Hogan until someone is IRd or no longer needed. Goodwin gets hurt just painting his toenails.

Cyrus Kouandjio? He's on the list.

Duke will get plenty of plenty of playing time, IMO.

T.J. Graham would be an interesting one from the 2nd group. You'd take a risk that someone might grab him, but I 'd be inclinded to take that risk. Keep him on the PS, if someone gets hurt, then bring him back. Still would be working with the team and up to speed on what's going on.

Hairston could be another similar one, hasbn't done enough for a team to really go after him.

Does anyone know is the 2nd group optional, in other words can you choose all 10 from the first list if you wish, but this new rule gives teams the option to select two more "seasoned" players in addition??

TJ Graham would get picked up within seconds of being put on the PS. If anything they should try and trade him for like a 6th round pick or something

I would be absolutely shocked if any team is willing to give up any draft pick for Graham. I can think of very few teams where he would be an improvement.

I would be absolutely shocked if any team is willing to give up any draft pick for Graham. I can think of very few teams where he would be an improvement.

I agree. They will probably end up cutting him. What a waste of a 3rd round pick that was :(

TJ Graham would get picked up within seconds of being put on the PS. If anything they should try and trade him for like a 6th round pick or something

You really think TJ Graham is tradable ? I can't see him making another team's 53-man roster. I could see him, if waived, signing on with another team's PS where he might have better chance to make it to their 53-man roster, however. Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Here's my go at a PS roster. This of course assumes that we don't sign anyone from any other team's cuts to our PS.

Italics makes the 53, Bold are PS, Strikethrough are cuts.

QB – Dennis Dixon

RB – Ronnie Wingo

WR – Caleb Holley, Chris Summers, Sammy Watkins

TE – Dominique Jones

OL – Seantrel Henderson, Cyrus Kouandjio, Macky MacPherson, Antoine McClain, Cyril Richardson, J.J. ‘Unga, Jared Wheeler

DE – Ike Igbinosun, Bryan Johnson, Jacquies Smith

DT – Stefan Charles, Damien Jacobs

LBs – Xavius Boyd, Preston Brown, Jimmy Gaines, Randell Johnson, Ty Powell

CBs – Ross Cockrell, Sam Miller, Bobby Felder, Kamaal McIlwain

S – Derek Brim, Deon Broomfield, JaJuan Harley, Kenny Ladler, Jonathan Meeks

K/P – Jake Dombrowski, Dustin Hopkins PS

This second list is the group of players who could fill the two spots on the practice squad by having two accrued NFL seasons or being active for less than nine regular season games in any of their accrued NFL seasons.

QB – EJ Manuel, Jeff Tuel

RB/FB – Bryce Brown, Evan Rodriguez, Frank Summers

WR – Marquise Goodwin, T.J. Graham, Chris Hogan, Naaman Roosevelt, Robert Woods

TE – Chris Gragg

OL – Cordy Glenn, Chris Hairston

DT – Corbin Bryant

LBs – Kiko Alonso*, Nigel Bradham

CBs – Ron Brooks, Stephon Gilmore, Nickell Robey

S – Duke Williams

PUP - Kiko Alonso. There's no need to move him to IR until almost Thanksgiving unless they want to since he was on the non-Football injury list. He counts against the camp roster limit and they have NOT put him on season ending IR yet which would gain them another camp spot so I think this is the direction they will go. He'd need to be activated off of PUP by November 19 and on the 53 man roster by December 10th in that scenario. If he's not close they can IR him then and have lost nothing. The timing of his injury basically lets them treat him as an extra Injured-Designated for Return player.

Is there some kind of Seniors Tour for the Practice Squad? How the hell is Dennis Dixon eligible again?

He's only been active for a total of 4 games. Edited by DJasper Probincrux III