Stevie Johnson Struggling to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers

WickedGame

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it funny? It is indeed true. Not only does he have the same accuracy issues, kaep's completion percentage is worth than EJs.

Maybe he wishes the Bills had as much succees as Colin has had , with whatever team he plays on. I thought it was funny too

That is absurd.

Let's agree to disagree.

IMO, this year's top 5 WRs without Johnson are an upgrade from last year's roster,while the additional budget dollars allocated to another position (DL or OL) are a net upgrade for the team

I'm not surprised- the 49ers actually expect their WRs to block in their running game.

And guys that can consistently catch the football. So far in pre season in San Fransisco he has 1 catch and 2 drops. Pretty much par for the course, but not good enough for most teams.

I don’t wish #13 any ill will, I liked the guy (but hated the drops). His time here is simply over.

Great post- spot on. There's a great tendency here to praise training camp superstars like Hogan, yet bash players like Spiller or SJ. SJ loved being a Bill, and was productive for this team...yet he gets castigated for it.

Don't get too wrapped up in it. It's pretty standard procedure to bash any ex-bill automatically, regardless of their ability. See the numerous Jason Peters suxs threads as examples.

I wish Stevie nothing but the best of luck. Other than a handful of catches I wished he made, I think he was a solid Bill, and represented the franchise well.

I'm not sure God would agree with you. Don't you remember Stevie blamed him!

I just like the fact that the 49ers having Stevie now gives me just another reason not to like them (although I guess Whitner is at Cleveland now?) I hate their coach and I love the fact that our D.Coor. tried to go after him! and Frank Gore might be the dumbest man alive.

I'm not sure God would agree with you. Don't you remember Stevie blamed him!

I just like the fact that the 49ers having Stevie now gives me just another reason not to like them (although I guess Whitner is at Cleveland now?) I hate their coach and I love the fact that our D.Coor. tried to go after him! and Frank Gore might be the dumbest man alive.

why is Gore dumb? Sounds like I missed a good story?

why is Gore dumb? Sounds like I missed a good story?

Heard him on Rome a couple of years ago - he could barely talk and I knew it wasn't a good interview when Rome didn't end it with his super positive macho "now that's a great take" line like he always does.

So you would rather have Chris Hogan than Stevie Johnson for the 2014 season?

I don't know how good Hogan is. I don't think anyone here does. But the league is filled with guys who come out of nowhere and perform well (indeed, Stevie is one of them). It's also filled with guys whose production drops precipitously after 6 years in the league.

We shall see. Frankly, I had been supportive of Johnson, but I grew tired of his game last year. Too many mistakes at crunch time over the years has added up. As Badolbeelz has said, he's been a guy you want to get the ball to in quarters 1-3, not at the end of the game. I still like him and hope he does well in SF. That said, I think Mike Williams is probably an upgrade (provided he stays out of trouble).

I don't know how good Hogan is. I don't think anyone here does. But the league is filled with guys who come out of nowhere and perform well (indeed, Stevie is one of them). It's also filled with guys whose production drops precipitously after 6 years in the league.

We shall see. Frankly, I had been supportive of Johnson, but I grew tired of his game last year. Too many mistakes at crunch time over the years has added up. As Badolbeelz has said, he's been a guy you want to get the ball to in quarters 1-3, not at the end of the game. I still like him and hope he does well in SF. That said, I think Mike Williams is probably an upgrade (provided he stays out of trouble).

That doesn't answer the question. If you had a choice of Stevie or Hogan who are you giving the roster spot too?

Oh good grief...he's going to be on the opening day roster, he's going to play, and he's going to catch passes for them.

I've seen crazy in the off-season before, but this off-season is like none other in terms of the quantity and quality of crazy on this board.

Amen

That doesn't answer the question. If you had a choice of Stevie or Hogan who are you giving the roster spot too?

I take Hogan - I don't know why people are down on him - I haven't seen him make the kind of egregious drops that Stevie is famous for. He also reminds me a bit of a Welker or Amandola

I take Hogan - I don't know why people are down on him - I haven't seen him make the kind of egregious drops that Stevie is famous for. He also reminds me a bit of a Welker or Amandola

But have you seen him making any plays that resemble those Stevie made? If we are going to talk about Stevie's errors we can't just omit his plays.

P.s. In his limited action last year (10 catches) Hogan had at least 2 drops (1 costly).

Edited by Kirby Jackson