Are we in la la land? Nfl.com thinks we will finish 4th in AFC E

am I the only one who feels that Ej has gotten better in every preseason game? and that he's gotten consistently better in practice? How can he say that EJ hasn't improved?? REally? does he even bother to watch the games?

i think he will have improved with another year in the system and a full TC. Too early to know yet until we see a real game with a game plan and where he plays longer than a couple quarters with the starters but I expect him to be improved for sure.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the Bills will finish 3rd, not 4th. The Dolphins were beaten twice by Thaddeus last year. I can't imagine they'll be much better this year. If EJ can't win week 2, he'll surely be declared a bust and it will be a sign that 4th place is more likely. Then everyone gets fired.

I think this entire season hinges on if the Bills OC, Nate Hackett can build a proper dominate running attack. He had the talent last year and didn't utilize it properly. Will he get it done this year?

How can you possibly say that? He juggled 2 rookies and a 2nd year 3rd stringer at the most important position on the team. He dealt with injuries to both top backs and didn't have a functional left guard the whole season. Personally, I think Hackett did a decent job given the situation and not trying to put too much on the inexperienced QBs. EJ appears to be progressing decently thru the offseason and preseason to me and if that continues, our O should be in the middle of the league rankings.

If not, well, it could be a lost season - but I actually feel better about the toughness and makeup of this team than those of the last decade. Admittedly, we haven't made the playoffs in the last 14 years ...

Once again, this is the math everyone outside of WNY sees:

6-10 team in 2013

+ rookie WR (probably the worst position for rookie production)

- Pro Bowl S

- Best LB from last season

= 6-10 at best; QB is in the bottom 1/3 of the league so minimal chance for significant improvement from here.

I think our floor is 6-10 and our ceiling is 12-4.

Here are the six games I'm certain we'll win:

1. Dolphins
  2. Dolphins

3. Jets

4. Browns

5. Raiders

6. Vikings

You've been around long enough to know it's just plain foolishness to list 'certain wins' with the Bills. Are you telling me you'd bet money on each of those games? Yes, 6 wins out of the 12 games you listed is reasonable, but that gets you to 6-10. 12-4 is fantasy. 4-12 is far more likely.

Personally, if I was Doug Marrone, I would get a copy of every single article I can find that counts the Bills out, and hang it up in the locker room.

Just add Rodak, Graham, Bucky and Sully to all of their twitter accounts.

Edited by The Wiz

Yeah I know what you're thinking. We have sucked for so long, what do you expect them to say? Expect to be favored to win the superbowl?

No of course not. And I get that.

In their season preview; The topic title is Buffalo Bills: Going in the wrong direction

Basically I want to know if that's right? Are we going in the wrong direction?

I thougt we were progressing. But in reality, are we going to flat out bust this year?

What do you guys think? Blind faith????

Edit: Forgot to add. They better be wrong!

Go bills!

Preseason predictions are meaningless. Everyone knows the Bills step forward or backward in synch with EJ this year. The defense and running game will be good if not very good. It all comes down to what the offense can do through the air.

The only other factor which is true for all teams is how the injury bug bites.

I look forward to representing you at foreign soirees.

Seriously though, 'going in the wrong direction' would imply the moves made in the offseason have set the team further back.

How could that possibly be the case when our biggest concerns were run defense and WR and we went out and got the best run-stuffing MLB in the league and a defensive coordinator whose specialty is..stopping the run?

THEN we grabbed something we've been lacking for quite some time, a red zone receiver in Mike Williams, AND we got he consensus-best WR in the draft who's only managed to distance himself from the scrum competing for second place.

The only thing they might point to, from a personnel standpoint, is the loss of Byrd, which--until his bum hip was revealed--was a debatable loss.

See, I agree with you and think the Bills are progressing but I can see where the national pundits could think the opposite.

What they see is an All Pro in Byrd gone, the Bills best WR of the past 5 seasons let go and the Bills trading away a 1st round draft pick in next year's draft. To top it off they pretty much all thought Manuel was drafted too early last year so they don't have a lot of faith in him.

But that's why they play the games.

Absolutely in la la land.

This team has the potential to win 8 games. Will they? history says hell no!!

Max potential for this team is 8 games anything more is gravy.

Playoffs this year or the new owner will clean house.

IMO

1. Patriots have Brady

2. Jets D is very good. EJ = Geno; Vick >>>>> Tuel

3. Miami - I think they are awful but the media loves Tannehill's wife

4. Bills - Kiko got hurt. EJ has been mediocre in games so far. The line has been a mess up until this week.

If EJ plays as well as he has practiced the last two weeks and the line improves, 10 wins is possible.

See, I agree with you and think the Bills are progressing but I can see where the national pundits could think the opposite.

What they see is an All Pro in Byrd gone, the Bills best WR of the past 5 seasons let go and the Bills trading away a 1st round draft pick in next year's draft. To top it off they pretty much all thought Manuel was drafted too early last year so they don't have a lot of faith in him.

But that's why they play the games.

They cited this as a reason. I dont think that is neccessarily going in the wrong direction though.